Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#400088 01/25/00 05:21 PM
K
kam6318 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Saw your reply to jungle princess. <BR>I am sorry for your reason for being here, but welcome. If you haven't already, check out NSR's General Welcome for All New Builders several posts below on this forum. <BR>Kathi

#400089 01/26/00 11:57 AM
P
P
Thanks, Kathi. I've been doing a heck of a lot of reading on this web site. I'm finding it more and more informative everyday. The wealth of information and support here is amazing.<P>Thanks for the welcome. I hope I too, will be able to help other people in the similar situation.<P>Dana<BR>

#400090 01/26/00 12:09 PM
K
kam6318 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I saw in your post that your husband has alcohol problems, other issues and that you are not sure if you want to work things out. Since all that is out of my experience, I don't feel like I can give advice! I do know there are a couple of folks on here with similar stories, tho...so maybe they will. I'd post your story as a new post if you want more feedback. Do you have kids, or is it just the 2 of you? Hang in there--<BR>Kathi<BR>

#400091 01/26/00 03:18 PM
N
NSR Offline
N
purplemag,<P>If you haven't seen it yet, this Q&A article may be helpful...<A HREF="http://www.marriagebuilders.com/graphic/mbi5048a_qa.html" TARGET=_blank>What to Do with an Alcoholic Spouse</A>.<P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Jim

#400092 01/26/00 05:10 PM
P
P
It's just the two of us. No kids, thank goodness. That's something we both decided before we ever got married. <P>The alcohol is the biggest problem, and he's finally coming to grips with that now. We've talked repeatedly about it over the years, and it just hurts that much more that it took this for it to finally sink in.<P>What I'm afraid the most of is him "falling off the wagon" or "slipping up". I've been through so much with this relationship. I don't think I can take another falter.<P>Feel free to post whereever you think I might get the best help/advice. I really appreciate the caring attitude of everyone on the board, especially yours.<P>Thanks so much.<BR>D<BR>

#400093 01/26/00 05:16 PM
P
P
Thanks, Jim!<P>I've already printed it out, highlighted the areas that pertained to our relationship most, and most of all the other reading material I thought pertinent to our issue, and have given it to him for "good betime reading". <P>I've just found out about the OW on Thursday. I received a letter in the mail from her H. Go figure. My H fessed up after I confronted him about it on Friday. He's been sleeping in the guest room ever since.<P>Mind you, we've just moved in to our first house 12/22. Another go figure. I think I'm still in shock that he actually admitted it. <P>What hurts the most is now he's willing to quit the drinking, quit the extra curriculars - volleyball and such, and go to counseling. All which was adamately opposed to before this. He said he's "born again". And all the good stuff.<P>I'm kind of tired of talking about it, my friends, I love them, but it seems like too much sometimes. When I want to just forget, something pops up to remind me.<P>Thanks for the advice with the article. I hope maybe it'll sink in his brain as well.<P>D

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,071 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation