Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
#459982 01/08/02 09:48 AM
R
rev Offline OP
OP Offline
R
RedHat,<p>Squirt and I have enough intrest in football to watch one college game a year. You don't know how happy we were watching CU clean house against NE.<p>Why did the chicken cross the road?<p>Because the Nebraska defense couldn't stop him. [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Thanks
Rev

#459983 01/08/02 10:39 AM
R
R
rev
You get me going in here ....<p>Why NE got their but kicked by MI ?<p>Because they think they are still playing CO from the week before. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif" border="0[/img]

#459984 01/08/02 09:48 PM
R
rev Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Just a short not, befor I go off to try and help other people. Let me know what you think. I'm not sure yet.<p>I just got off the phone with W. She sliped a disk in her neck while sleeping last night. She's on muscle relaxants right now. I asked if we were going to live like this for the rest of our lives. (I know, "don't talk about R") She said no. I asked if we were going to get a D. She said no. I asked if we were going to be togeather again. Seh said yes. I said do you prommis? She said yes.<p>I thought to myself "Ok, whatever... I'll believe it when I see it".<p>Can a person realy slip a disk in there sleep? I'm not discounting it, but I was a medic in the USAF. I worked orthapoedics at the Acadamy hospitol in Co. Springs for 2 years. I never saw this happen.<p>Thoughts, comments?<p>Keep smiling, I'll manage to say somthing bazar and unexpected again soon.<p>Thanks,
Rev

#459985 01/08/02 10:02 PM
O
O
Hi Doc Rev,<p>Can't answer your medical question though it doesn't make sense unless you were sleep walking!! <p>Postive comments coming from you W. Good to see the actions to follow through. Will be pulling for the 2 of U!!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Take Care,
L.

#459986 01/08/02 10:07 PM
S
S
Rev,<p>Redhat is right. You helped me through one of the bleakest week of my life as a new member. To have your prayers with me gave me strength. Don't give up. It's been three long weeks for me and now I am having to think about a custody battle for my children. (He is taking them to the OW house.)<p>About the slip disk, yes you can have it happen in your sleep. I just had major back surgery to correct a broken back and the disk would slip in and out no matter where. It is also the worse pain (other than why we are on this website)you can have. She doesn't need to ignore it. It will only get worse. My prayers are with you....

#459987 01/08/02 10:23 PM
R
rev Offline OP
OP Offline
R
SCHURT,<p>Thanks,<p> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by SCHURT:
<strong>Rev,
About the slip disk, yes you can have it happen in your sleep. <p>She doesn't need to ignore it. It will only get worse. My prayers are with you....</strong><hr></blockquote>
I will let my suspicions subside. She has seen a Dr, and will see that she gets it squared away. I just let my mind run away about things (things=SF) since she is still living with OM.<p>Orchid,
You can call me Doc if you want. [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] The suprize will come when you figure out (if you havn't already) where Rev comes from. [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Thanks,
Rev

#459988 01/11/02 12:07 AM
O
O
Hey Rev,<p>How are you and your W doing?<p>L.

#459989 01/11/02 12:14 AM
R
rev Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Orchid, <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>I will let my suspicions subside.<p>I just let my mind run away about things (things=SF) since she is still living with OM.<hr></blockquote>Feeling realy stupid about this.
Thanks,
Rev<p>[ January 11, 2002: Message edited by: rev ]</p>

#459990 01/11/02 01:42 AM
O
O
Rev, <p>I am sorry. I can sense great frustration in your tone. <p>I am headed home now. My boss has released us for the night since the system is on hold for the moment. Gotta go get some 'beauty rest'. [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] LOL!!! I'll get back to you. <p>L.

#459991 01/13/02 07:20 PM
R
rev Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Hey kids,<p>Just a quick note. I'll fill in on the gory details later tonight.<p>I'm thinking, UMS!?!<p>It looks like it's over. W said that she had been trying to find a way to work this out, but can't. She loves me but has been hurt too much. I leave for Connecticut at 6:00 am tomarrow, to consult for Cox, back late thursday night. She wants to schedule an appointment for D/arbitration after I get back.<p>RedHat, Orchid, mail to me is bcc'd to my cell, So I get what you send right after you send it. If you get any great ideas that can't wait, mail me.<p>Thanks,
Rev

#459992 01/14/02 12:57 AM
R
R
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr><strong>Feeling realy stupid about this.</strong><hr></blockquote><p>What do you think when I say about being the dumb'est H in the world ?. You have to wait until she see your changes and capable of changes before you make your move of plan B. Third party observation is also good. How is her family is taking it now (about you) ?.

#459993 01/14/02 09:02 AM
R
rev Offline OP
OP Offline
R
RedHat,<p>Not much time right now. I plan on typing this story on the plain so that you can take it all in. <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by redhat:
<strong>You have to wait until she see your changes and capable of changes before you make your move of plan B. Third party observation is also good. How is her family is taking it now (about you) ?.</strong><hr></blockquote>She says I've become a new and much better person, I have just caused too much pain in the past that she can't forgive me for. I don't want to B at this point. I'm still trying to make my goal. I fear that her desire for D will push us both into a great mistake, and create a great rift between us (Remember E-mail) that will not be corectable. I have had no contact with her family. I'm afraid that it would look like a pathetic attempt to win her back.

#459994 01/14/02 09:28 AM
R
R
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by rev:
<strong>RedHat,<p>Not much time right now. I plan on typing this story on the plain so that you can take it all in. She says I've become a new and much better person, I have just caused too much pain in the past that she can't forgive me for. I don't want to B at this point. I'm still trying to make my goal. I fear that her desire for D will push us both into a great mistake, and create a great rift between us (Remember E-mail) that will not be corectable. I have had no contact with her family. I'm afraid that it would look like a pathetic attempt to win her back.</strong><hr></blockquote>
Classical fogesse. She is in the fog alright. I am glad that she sees your changes meaning your plan A is working and hang in there. I was asking for her family or freinds just to get their prespective (input) on your plan A (see your changes too), not to mend or build relation w/ them if there are none to begin w/. But squirt answer that one already.

#459995 01/14/02 10:53 AM
R
rev Offline OP
OP Offline
R
RedHat,<p>Minor change in travel plans. I now leave at 12:35.<p>I'm feeling a little dense here, mabey you could explain. <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>I feel that the party involve should answer them back. I asked rev to take the challenge at one point. It helps other lurker and newbie.<hr></blockquote>I missed the chalenge thing. When did you do that? Mabey I passed it and I just don't understand what chalenge you are refering to. <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>I was asking for her family or freinds just to get their prespective (input) on your plan A (see your changes too), not to mend or build relation w/ them if there are none to begin w/. But squirt answer that one already.<hr></blockquote>I missed this as well. Point me to where Squirt answered this. I want to make sure I'm not missing somthing. I thought I had a fair relationship with her family, I just can't find a "good" reason to contact them. If she has stated diffrently, I may need to procede more cautiously.<p>Please understand, I'm not upset. I just feel like I may not have read some things as closly as I should, or I'm not interpreting as well as I could. I'm a little short on sleep.<p>Thanks,
Rev

#459996 01/14/02 12:17 PM
R
R
rev,
That reply in calling for Radium refers to one of similiar reply to this thread (by that kind of poster, hit nad run type of poster) and the advice is way of out line and you shut them out.
Remember ,poodlepapa/barry ,Member # 8408 ?.<p> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr><strong>I'm feeling a little dense here, maybe you could explain. I missed this as well. Point me to where Squirt answered this. I want to make sure I'm not missing somthing. I thought I had a fair relationship with her family, I just can't find a "good" reason to contact them. If she has stated diffrently, I may need to procede more cautiously.</strong><hr></blockquote>
I am the one who is short of sleep, only 2-4 hour every night since the D-day. I feel like "in the cloud" or on high every moment but I suppose this is the way I cope w/ the harsh condition w/o med. I am a very hyper person I need to slow my self down or wear my self out. In plan A, sometime we are bias and we thought we are doing good but we might miss the whole issue(s) or the preception of change. A third party that know both of you well such as smallwmn. But you need a closer one like family freinds or family that see you in day to day life. Ask them if they notice the changes, 360 degree feed back. I did this w/ my 2 D, they give me nice feed back. At the same time I am plan A'ng my 2 D too, we are even closer than before. Be carefull with stale plan A, I got scolded by Steve Harley for it. My assignmnet is to find a way to turn the knot one level higher, even when I feel I am at the max.<p>12:35 PM or AM ?.<p>Hope it make sense.

#459997 01/14/02 12:30 PM
R
rev Offline OP
OP Offline
R
RedHat,<p>I'm still proud of the poodle thing. [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] <p>12:35 PM about 2 hrs from now. I'll be leaving for the airport in about 15 min.<p>I'm still planning on putting the whole thing up after I get to Coneticut.<p>Thanks
Rev.

#459998 01/15/02 01:23 AM
R
R
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by rev:
<strong>RedHat,
I'm still proud of the poodle thing. [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img]
</strong><hr></blockquote><p>Me too, I know you will handle it well, so does guido [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] . Radium mistaken him for newbie [img]images/icons/tongue.gif" border="0[/img] .<p>What is the trip all about ?, class ?. Any access to MB from there or black out for (?) days ?.<p>[ January 14, 2002: Message edited by: redhat ]</p>

#459999 01/14/02 10:32 PM
O
O
Hi Rev,<p>Sorry about not responding sooner. Been working like a dog..... <p>You feel like you are headed for the D? Well Rev, if that is what she wants, she needs to go get it. Are you getting this? She needs to go get it, not you unless you want it. <p>If she is having a hard time and asks for help getting the D, you would be enabling her if he assist her. If she wants it bad enough, she will find a way to get it. <p>See if you were such a bad guy, bad enough to leave, she would have left you with or without an OM in the wings. Any woman or man who leaves only after they have the 2nd option waiting out there is a wimp......get it? Wimp. Yes, my H was an wimp. He did not hate me that much, just got very confused. Now I am wondering if I want him to stay. See I don't have someone in the wings, the thing is if I want him or not. <p>Are you surprised? We are suppose to be in recovery. Well we are but that still does not take away those thoughts. <p>The point is don't enable the D or her attitude. Remember how the WS like to remind us that we can not tell them what to do. Well, they are right so don't. Don't help them either. You go find out how hard it is to get the D stuff but don't do it for her. <p>I understand that she might be reading this but it is no secret. I am not saying anything different to you than I have said to others. <p>You have a safe trip and will check back on you later. K? [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Take Care,
L.

#460000 01/14/02 10:55 PM
S
S
I agree with Orchid. If it is so bad, let her be the one to do the dirty work. Let her step up to bat. Keep your chin up. I am praying for you every night.

#460001 01/14/02 11:25 PM
S
smw Offline
S
It has been some time since I actually spoke with but wanted both of you (suirt and rev) to know I continue to pray for both you - that you find answers and peace.<p>Squirt, if you are reading this. Do you recall the talk we had in my classroom last year and the way we joked around (like we did when I lived up that way)? I hope some day that we can do that again. I am going thru my own rough time right now and I know friendships are important. YOu guys never judged me when I was there and I want to tell you thank you. - As far as Rev is concerned, I have been able to see the changes in his messages. I believe he is REALLY trying to change, but only you know if it is enough. Regardless of what happens, know you have a friend here.<p>Rev, keep up with the changes. Take care of yourself and those 2 boys of yours. We all have up and downs. Good luck w/ whatever your trip is about. ( For a laugh, picture the math/tech person at my school being shown up by an 8th grader who also fixed what the system admin. couldn't. [img]images/icons/blush.gif" border="0[/img] Doubt those 2 will ever learn!)<p>God bless all of you on MB. Keep the faith.

Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (Blackhawk), 1,065 guests, and 80 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation