Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Joined: Jul 1999
Posts: 3,247
L
Member
Member
L Offline
Joined: Jul 1999
Posts: 3,247
SW - thanks. Now Andy's got me thinking, though. Maybe sooner than later.....?<P>Desiree - He must have a great sense of humor!! I'm about to burn the house down!!!<P>Thanks so much! Hey, what do YOU think about the timing???<P>Lori

Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 1,832
R
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 1,832
Lori,<P>There are two schools of thought here:<P>1) andy would be in a good position to know - so heed his advice very carefully! That means the letter would be read and THOUGHT about, even if he didn't act on it just yet. My old motto: thinking has to occur before action (or at least we should hope so!)<P>2) Flip opinion: I would be a little leary of giving him something that HE might interpret as "pushing" or "pulling" him home. He is just on the verge of truly extricating himself from the evil PT. He is probably a little skittish at this point and I would be a little afraid of chasing him off....I would wait a short while...maybe a few weeks and if he continues to give the positive signs I would make my move! Somehow this reminds me of calf-roping at the rodeo!!!!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Luv ya, Desiree<P>------------------<BR>"Life is made up, not of great sacrifices or duties, but of little things in which smiles and kindnesses and small obligations, given habitually, are what win and preserve the heart and secure comfort."<P>Sir Humphry Davy<BR>

Joined: Jul 1999
Posts: 3,247
L
Member
Member
L Offline
Joined: Jul 1999
Posts: 3,247
Well, Desiree, I love your advice. I had already been wrestling with those two points for most of today!!!<P>He just called. Needed another favor. Said he was gonna play our anniversary date as lottery numbers (came out of fortune cookie conversation that came from I don't know where!). HUH??<P>Really friendly, BUT, said he got a cell phone, but in a month was gonna get rid of THEIR house phone and just use the cell phone. also told me if I'd stop sending the 2.50 cards so much, I could afford a cell phone too. "You want me to stop?" "I didn't say that, but you could afford a cell phone...." Huh? <P>This is gonna turn me into a raving lunatic!!! I don't know whether to back off, stay the same or pick up the pace. <P>I'm gonna go stand in the corner now.<P>Lori

Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 1,832
R
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 1,832
Lori,<P>I really need to go to sleep, but I couldn't resist replying. (I am getting up early now to treadmill again before I go to work!)<P>Here is my take: PLEASE remind me of this post when I need it later!!!!!!<P>Your H is in withdrawal right now. Go back and read those 3 stages of the marriage by Dr Harley. My H is there too. Your H (and maybe mine too) is in and out of withdrawal and conflict right now. It may be the only way to explain the friendliness one day and the coolness the next! <P>According to Dr Harley, the only way to get him out of withdrawal into conflict and later out of conflict into intimacy is for you to be in intimacy, which I interpret as doing the really good planA and trying to meet his needs. [I am still waiting for the chapter and the books about THEM meeting OUR needs! HAHAHAHAHA!!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]]<P>Keep planAing and take this in stride. I know this isn't what you want to hear, but the fact is that he will need some time to process the PT thing and put it in its proper perspective. A little more waiting, but surely he can not have failed to notice what a FANTASTIC wife he has!!!!!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Give it some more time...(sigh!)<P>Desiree<P>------------------<BR>"Life is made up, not of great sacrifices or duties, but of little things in which smiles and kindnesses and small obligations, given habitually, are what win and preserve the heart and secure comfort."<P>Sir Humphry Davy<BR>

Joined: Jul 1999
Posts: 3,247
L
Member
Member
L Offline
Joined: Jul 1999
Posts: 3,247
Poop!<P>But he wasn't cool at all. And when I asked again if I should stop sending them, he just kept saying "No, I didn't say I WANTED you to stop sending them!" We laughed and talked and had a good time. And although he had a bogus reason for calling (which made no sense at all) the only real reason seemed to be to talk and give me that cell phone #. Now, I wasn't supposed to be calling him. Does that mean it's ok now? <P>I'm gonna go to bed. This is too much for my poor pitiful brain. BUT, just talked to MIL. He loves me. Told her again. Doesn't want me to date. When she told him I wouldn't wait forever, he panicked "She's NOT wanting a divorce, is she? Oh, Mom, Lori doesn't want to divorce me does she?" She said she looked at him like he was nuts and it went right over his head. <P>Jiminy Moses! What DOES this man want? Heavens I hope I can sleep tonight!!<P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] <P>Although I think I could use a bunch of those little icons right now!!!<P>Talk to you later. I'm tired.<P>Lori

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 472 guests, and 19 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Countfunkula, mollye14, Pansu, sakyt, George Mixflicke
72,372 Registered Users
Latest Posts
What happens if we both have developed aversions?
by Samuel Connely - 10/03/26 02:12 PM
Separated/Dating
by mark_foster - 09/20/26 04:14 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,659
Posts2,323,617
Members72,372
Most Online9,682
May 13th, 2026
deneme bonusu
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2025, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0