Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#58045 03/03/05 08:03 PM
J
J
I have been seperated for four months now. My wife and i got into big time arguments over this subject. it is part of the reason that we are seperated. I told her that nothing but bad things could come from hanging out at a bar. Obviously she disagrees. She would say that i do not trust her. Since we have been seperated i won't take the kids on Friday or Saturday night so she can go run. I am at wit end with the whole situation.

#58046 03/07/05 03:17 PM
T
T
I think I'm going to be the dissenting voice here.

I don't have a problem with my husband going out for a drink after work...either by himself on the way home, or with a buddy from work. Nor do I believe it's wrong for me to want to stop for a glass of wine after a long day, and have some time for myself there.

While I see that "things can happen" if spouses are repeatedly out at bars, late, by themselves, I don't think an adult going out on their own for whatever reason...as long as it's not to cheat...is wrong. Every night? Certainly not. To the detriment of the family? No. But just because you get married and share your life with someone, I don't know why you have to give up all of your independence and small things that might make you happy. That's just me. I hope I'm not going to get flamed for this.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 363 guests, and 73 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation