Ayslyne,
Well after reading your last post I think I better understand where you're coming from. I do agree that people should make the best possible decision and be completely informed before making any decisions. I don't think that there is an absolute right or wrong but if the person has all the facts then whatever they decide to move ahead with should not be criticized or judged.

Chris,
Well I've already said alot in prev. posts on my stance. Me and my boyfriend dated for a year before we decided to move in together. It has taken our relationship to another dimension and even now we are still learning new things about each other. One day we do plan on being M, but he's already been through a M that ended in D where he dated and got engaged the "traditional" way. I've never been M but when I do I want it to be forever, the way that it's supposed to be and I DO NOT want a legal document or children to be the glue that holds us together. We are very much so committed to each, we've been through alot and from what I read here and what I've seen I want to do everything I possibly can to prevent myself from being in the 50% divorce category. I don't care what statistics say, this is MY RELATIONSHIP and I don't just want to jump in my eyes closed shut, fingers crossed hoping that we can make it through. Right now, I know he's there b/c he wants to be there through thick and thin and that leads me to believe in the longrun when we do get married he'll still be there. There's nothing easy about it. If we were M he'd be forced to stay w/me and that's not what I want FOR ME! But to each his own. You don't have to try to convince me if that's how YOU choose to run your life.