Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
RWD Offline OP
OP Offline
R
I know another woman, twice divorced with 4 daughters, and am considering asking her out. <P>One of her d's is a kinda a friend of my d. I asked my d if she minded and she said she didn't know in more of a smart mouth manner than one of indecison.<P>Opinions please.

W
W
Bob,<P>If you like the woman I say go for it. I have a friend who's mom married her best friends dad when she was in jr high school. Carol and Mary Anne love being sisters.<P>Bill<P>------------------<BR>BB<BR>

M
M
I think that if you are interested I would do it.<P>I do not know when I will be ready to date. My H emailed his lawyer and told him he needed more time. So we are postponeing our trial date for awhile.....so there is hope for me. But I still feel like this is the right place for me.<P>But I would go for it. She probably wants the companionship too.<P>There is a time, that our children will need to understand that we need some US time. Right now, my 18 year old daughter is feeling very insecure. So if I was to date, it would not go over very well.<P>But I won't stay at home alone either.<P>Have you guys looked into Parents without partners? I got a brouchure today in the mail. It seems they are real busy and have alot of things to go and do.<P>Talk to you later......

A
A
I think its fine. How else are you going to meet people except through the usual community and work events? Especially if your d and hers are just casual friends (if they were best friends it might be a problem). <P>But -- I wouldn't ask your d her opinion any more. It puts her in an awkward situation. At the same time, I'd let her know, because you don't want her to hear it from a friend. Just let her know without expecting a reply/response from her.

T
T
I think you should ask her out. Your daughter probably doesn't want mom or dad going out with anyone else, but I think she will grow to accept that. If you ask her out let us know how it goes.<P>

R
RWD Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Tulip,<P>I called her tonite for tomorrow, and she said she already had plans. I said maybe another time and she said sure. So????<P>I knew it was iffy, because it was such sort notice, i found out late last nite x is planning to take the kids, but still haven't found out what time.<P>Oh, well, I still have 1 other woman I can call, although she told me last week that she had her kids for the next 3 weeks, so maybe I can sweet talk her into getting a babysitter.<P> I probably shouldn't have asked my d. Just told her and see what she says. Thats a bad habit of mine, trying to please everybody else at my expense, especially the kids.<P><BR>Bob

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 728 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation