Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#678388 01/03/01 12:32 PM
T
T
I picked out this ring for our 25th anniversay...The one of my dreams...In fact my daughter had always said MOM can I have your ring when you die? I said of course..<P>Well now I haven't worn it ( tried while he was home) but took it off again after he left.<P>Tried it back on the other day when he said he wanted to come home...felt very foreign ...so I put it away again....<P>Surprise!!! H called me this morning sounded like his old self....so maybe just maybe HE will be the one to slip it BACK on my finger once again....IF not and my daughter still wants it( I doubt it) she can have it some day....<P>Tyra

#678389 01/04/01 01:15 AM
H
H
Mine sits in a jewery box, it was specially designed and contains a dimond from my grandfathers ring. I will have it always and maybe pass it down but I want the hex off first!

#678390 01/03/01 08:28 PM
B
B
Jamie Lee,<P>My ex had the diamonds made made into a necklace and ear rings. Believe it or not, my wedding band is still in the jewelry box where it was placed the day it came off. Hasn't been out of the box since.<P>I'm glad the ex didn't pawn the set. But I don't know why. <P>Bumper

#678391 01/03/01 09:23 PM
711 Offline
I still have my rings in my dresser drawer. My x gave me a new engagement ring back in Sept. 99 and I have the receipt for the ring. I've thought about calling the store several times to see if I can exchange it for something else. But, for some reason, I never make the call. So, it probably means I will keep it but I don't know why. What does it symbolize now?<P>

#678392 01/04/01 12:30 PM
G
G
Hi Jamie-Lee,<P>I was married before. In my first marriage, I had a 1.3 diamond solitaire and also a diamond ring guard. I gave the diamond to my Mom and she had it re-set in another setting for herself. I also gave her the ring guard, but I have no idea what she did with it.<P>If I had kept the solitaire, I probably would have had it set in a pendant. But the reason why I got rid of it was because it bothered my current husband that I still had it.

#678393 01/04/01 09:18 PM
D
D
Hi Jamie Lee,<BR>Interesting question! I'll come back to read all the replies later as I don't have a lot of time.<P>Right now, mine is in my jewelry box. I will keep it for now. I actually lost it for a while and had to really search to find it!<P>Hope your doing well,<BR>Dana<BR>

#678394 01/04/01 09:20 PM
D
D
PS My ex's is still in the console of his car, I saw it when I leaned in to give the baby a kiss. Actually the car is still in my name, but it has a sign in the window that says Ex and OW (their names airbrushed) and OW's picture in it. Its kind of odd to keep the wedding ring in there , don't ya think? lol<BR>Hugs, Dana<BR>

#678395 01/05/01 06:04 PM
C
C
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jamie-lee:<BR><B>What did or are you going to do with your wedding rings?<P>a) keep them b) pawn them or c) give them back to ex/stbx? And why?<P>I'm undecided and was curious about what you guys have done.<P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>(b) pawn my ring. Had no choice. My XH moved back with me - see my post (XH moved back, no sex, no ring. Anyway, he has not found a job since July?? Only unemployment checks. So I pay most of the bills. He needed money for his car payment. He does not know how I got the money. When we divorced a year ago I asked if he wanted my ring back. He said no. I asked to have his ring back because he broke our marriage vows. It just about killed him to return it, but he did.<BR>

#678396 01/07/01 01:09 AM
G
gsd Offline
G
I'm thinking about pawning mine. Maybe I'll get a sub at Quiznos with the money.

#678397 01/06/01 03:17 PM
W
W
Wow, I was wondering this same thing.<P>My x left his on my bathroom countertop. I have all of the rings and they just sit. My MIL told me she had hers made into another piece of jewelry, which seems to be what most people seem to lean toward. I love my rings and it makes me sad that I'll never wear them again.<P>I have another questions, ladies:<P>What have you done with your wedding dress? My MIL said she burned hers in the fireplace. I don't think I could go that far, but why let it take up space. I would never pass it down to a child or grandchild because I would feel like I'm passing on a curse or something (I guess I feel the same about my rings). What to do??<P><P>------------------<BR><BR>Kathy

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 728 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation