Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
W
W
diamonds all the way!<P>you'll be a class act, and a great<BR>catch to the guy sitting at the table<BR>with you (or anyone else!) [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>just make sure he doesn't have any rings on his left hand. although that's not all together perfect, it does improve the probabilities.<P>have fun!<P>tom

C
OP Offline
C
Here's the latest.<P>It is the red dress unless I put it on and feel too fat. You know, what time of month it is can have an effect on how a dress fits. So, we'll see that day.<P>If, however, I feel too fat in the red dress, I'll wear the black one.<P>And get this, I even have a black winter coat with velvet trim and rhinestone buttons. Just long enough to cover either dress. But too short to be worn with a lot of my dresses.<P>Talked to one of the people doing seating assignments. Mr. and Mrs. what'shisname aren't going. But they don't think they have any single men attending alone. So, I really don't care whose table I'm at as long as it's a fun table.<BR>

C
OP Offline
C
Well, the soiree was Saturday night. I was almost the only woman in a red dress. And I had a wonderful time. I was distressed by the fact that my nametag was too large for my dress. Not that the dress didn't cover the subject - because it did. But the nametags were huge and I couldn't put it on till we found some scissors. <P>They didn't have a photograph of my child - which I would, naturally, have felt compelled to spend $25 for so I bid on some other things.<P>For $5 I was the only bidder and the proud (?) acquirer of 2 first day of issue Elvis stamps. For $12 I got four passes to Cheekwood, a botanical garden and art gallery with it's own collection but some travelling exhibits. And for $35 I got 6 passes to go play LASER TAG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<P>And I remain endebted to Chubby Checker for having such a big hit with The Twist. He gave women the opportunity to dance without a partner. Thank heavens for conversational dancing. Doesn't matter who it is with, just join the group. Since there are always more women than men at these events. Sigh.<P>But I had a wonderful time. The food was great. The band was good. And I felt like I looked wonderful. Wore the red dress. The red shoes. The rubies and diamonds. <P>Did actually get a compliment from one man. On my shoes. Not the dress. Not the coat. The shoes - red leather t-straps. Wonder about that. Anybody got a take on that?

K
K
Maybe he has a foot fetish [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Glad you had fun!<P>Kathi

B
B
Cinderella....<BR>Glad you had such a good time at the ball.... LOL@ Kathi.... foot fedish! Maybe he was a prince, looking for a glass slipper? <P>Laser Tag.... 6 passes!!! Now who ya gonna take to play laser tag? (hint hint [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]).<P>Oh, and did ya manage to get someone to take a picture of you in that little red number? We could post it with the other pics! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Smooches,<BR>B

C
OP Offline
C
I'd had to write a check to get my things. And this guy was the one at the table. Now, to write a check at a normal table you have to lean over a bit. even if you bend your knees a little (Because your dress is short and does have a slit at the back because the skirt's straight.) So, he'd had a bit of a peak down the neckline, I'm afraid. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] And he'd asked me if I would let him have my passes. He'd meant to go over right before bidding closed and bid $40 for them. but he forgot. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] No way!!!<P>So, If an MB group wanted to come back to Nashville before these passes expire, I will consider using them for that. Otherwise, I can do one of two things. I can ask three different friends to go play. Or I can round up a group of local friends. I vote for the three friends, one at a time.<P>When I got this compliment, I had my black coat with the velvet trim and the rhinestone buttons over this dress. So, maybe it was the look of the black coat with the red shoes that sparked the interest.<P>But, the guy appeared to be several years older than me and fairly significantly overweight. Right now I'm just not interested in men much older than me. You know, I still play on the playground and I bet they couldn't handle that. Especially the overweight ones. Now I know that I'm no supermodel. And I will never be a size 2 but there's nothing wrong with my size 10 body. Slim to comfortably padded is my preferred range on men these days. Don't have to be tall and well buffed. <P>Anyway, I don't know what prompted him to call out, as I was leaving, "I like those shoes, by the way."<P>And who was at the party but my internist. Nothing like going to a party and seeing someone who has seen you without your clothes on. <P>But I had a wonderful time. If anyone wants to go to a nice party next year where your money will benefit something wonderful, let me know. I bet they'd really love me if I sold a tickets for a full table of ten.

G
G
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cinderella:<BR><B>Did actually get a compliment from one man. On my shoes. Not the dress. Not the coat. The shoes - red leather t-straps. Wonder about that. Anybody got a take on that?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I can guess: He wanted to give you an admiring compliment, but what he <I>really</I> wanted to say could have been considered impolite or impolitic. He didn't want to make you uncomfortable, so he settled for an innocuous substitute.<P> ... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] ... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] ... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] ... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>No, really, I assure you, some gutters are quite clean...<BR>

C
OP Offline
C
Oh, one other thing. Among my gifts are "Hands That Can." I can get my hands to do almost anything with a needle or a pen. Made a contact at another school which might have some calligraphy needs. So, I could end up with some money-making contacts.<P>Was an altogether wonderful evening - even if I didn't have a date!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 130 guests, and 60 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms
71,840 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation