Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
D
D
Caitie,<P>Thanks for your thoughts. I need to remind myself more that I did what I did because it was the right thing to do. And even though I think the odds were stacked against me and I realize that now, if I think about it I don't regret having tried. Thanks for reminding me of that.<P>Nellie,<P>Every single divorced woman in this group and at the meeting where this was discussed there were 11 including me was divorced because of an OW and I don't remember exactly but I think eight or nine of them were married to the OW now. That is really part of the reason I stopped posting here. It really knocked me for a loop but it was also very uplifting. You see I had been struggling along assuming I was the part of some small minority of woman whose H left for the OW. It's not true! I know now I am not the minority. And just like me these women all know other women there age who had the same thing happen to them. Now when I go back and reread these boards I realize that it happens alot more than I thought or then I wanted to think. I think I grabbed onto the statistics I wanted to grab onto and there were some I read here that I really grabbed onto. This is where I am now. My husband has left me and is engaged to the OW and I am not alone or even some small percent in this and this is comforting to me. I believe it now. It happens alot more than people want to think.

L
L
Here are some more interesting facts about divorce. Only aprrox. 5% of marriages make it when reconciliation attempts are made after a long term affair. It is usually the BS who inititates the divorce. More times than not, the BS just can't forgive. Recently, our center offered a free workshop on forgiveness...we have a waiting list of over 100 people. Also, in respect to marriage counseling, believe it or not affairs are generally not the top problem; it is substance abuse. Those cases are truly sad because, in a way, the spouse with the problem can't find his or her way out. Many women stay in bad marriages not for love or spiritual convictions, but because of finances. <P>I disagree that most long term marriages end in divorce because of an OP. I, for one, am not one of them and I was married 16 years. I am clearly not saying it doesn't happen...but divorce happens for many more reasons than just affairs. You would think that the first ten years would be the most vulnerable to a couple, but most of the folks that see come to see me had been married between 11 and 19 years. I believe that is what makes it so hard and so sad.<P><p>[This message has been edited by Lonelysoul (edited February 17, 2001).]

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 600 guests, and 63 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation