Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#697244 07/26/01 12:42 AM
S
S
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FaithfulWife:<BR><B><BR>I honestly figured you guys would say, "try this one last thing" or "have you thought of trying this or that?", and all I can say is that I KNEW, deep down I KNEW, that I could not be yelled at again until 3am and survive.<BR><HR></BLOCKQUOTE></B><BR>I think that's pretty clear, and I'm SO GLAD that you're not going to stay and take it anymore.<P>Remember how the last time he thought you were moving on he got serious about reconciling? Rageaholics in my experience will be very destructive and then a short time later expect everything to be back to normal. I think there's a good chance he will try to get you to move right back in. This time, before you do so, I would recommend that you require not just an agreement to do certain things but actions on his part <B>before</B> moving back. That is if you do remain open to trying again, as I think you are under the right circumstances.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><B><BR>Anyway, like I told Mike (SoTired2000), please keep hanging around, because I know I'll need more advice and more support in the days to come. Geez, how did this happen to me?<BR><HR></BLOCKQUOTE></B><BR>I know the feeling--my life hasn't exactly followed the script I would have written either. You can bet we will stick around.<P>Up late as usual,<P>Steve <P>

#697245 07/26/01 12:51 AM
F
OP Offline
F
Soul Sis! Yay! I knew you'd write. I have to be honest with you, you wrote so much, I won't be able to respond to it all until tomorrow--so give me a break, okay? But I wanted you to know that I am thinking about what you said and I am SO GLAD you wrote. <P>I have one very quick comment about one line you wrote: "...as long as you are doing this for YOU, and not making this about trying to get him to do something, then you have all my hugs and support!!" Please don't take this wrong, but that made me laugh (as in giggle). Wouldn't I be a manipulative little twit if I moved out just to try to get him to do something? [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] No, seriously!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] <P>Okay, just so you know, I am out because I am a precious, valuable child of God who does not deserve to be yelled at all night. I finally figured out that if I stay, I am dancing with him. Hey, for all I know he may continue to dance for a while--and I bet he will try to get me to dance again--but I finally realized that there were TWO people dancing here and I was one of them!! Yes, in my heart I hope he will stop dancing, but it's not my job to "make" him stop. I can't do that. BUT (and this is a big butt) (haha) I CAN STOP DANCING!!! ME!!! <P>Like I told Ragamuffin, it took me FOREVER to really understand, inside myself, that I am worthy of being treated decently and respectfully and kindly and lovingly and maturely AND SAFELY!! I'm not being demanding. I'm just starting to get the picture--I have some worth. <P>So, I'll write more to you later. I love you!<P>CJ<P><P>------------------<BR>Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.

#697246 07/26/01 12:54 AM
F
OP Offline
F
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GnomeDePlume:<BR><B><P>{{{{{{{CJ<P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Please don't take this wrong, but your halfway, lopsided hugs mean more to me than you will ever know, because I know you don't just hand them out left and right. No need to say more...it means a LOT to me. Thanks. <P>CJ<P><BR><P>------------------<BR>Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.

#697247 07/26/01 01:08 AM
J
J
CJ, I'm glad that you are touched and speechless (for once!), but giant or no giant, come football season....your a$$ is grass and I'm the lawnmower baby!<P>Never doubt a Jayhawk Chief!<P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

#697248 07/26/01 01:18 AM
B
B
Hi Faithful Wife,<P>I don't think I've posted to you before, but I wanted to let you know that your post touched me, and that I'm thinking about you.<P>I'll keep you in my prayers and hope that all works out the way you would like it to.<P>love and hugs<P>Jo

#697249 07/26/01 10:16 AM
F
OP Offline
F
Jayhawk, you are one of my best buddies, and you know why? Because "your a$$ is grass and I'm the lawnmower, baby"!! <P>The Broncos head to training camp next week, and I am counting the hours until that first preseason game (approximately 396 hours, BTW!). The Chefs play the might Broncos on Sunday, October 7th at 2:05pm, and I have the tickets!! <P><BR>BRING IT ON, LAWNMOWER MAN!!<P>CJ <P>------------------<BR>Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.

#697250 07/26/01 02:01 PM
C
C
<B>(((((((((((((((((((((((((((CJ))))))))))))))))))))))))))</B><P>I have no words to tell you how sorry I am that you have had to endure this kind of treatment. Never should anyone have to endure that. Never should anyone behave in that way. <P>You are dear and special to many others here and very dear and special to me. Not to mention the utmost love the Father has for you. <P>I pray that you will have peace and healing. I am so grateful that you had a home to which you could go. Are the children with you? <P>I hope that you will have the time and space for healing and for strength gathering before you are faced with making any more decisions. <P>I love you and hope all is well. You posted this thread after I left the office and I was not in yesterday. I would have sent you the hug and love earlier if possible.<P>Take care of yourself and remember that the Ambassador is not to slack off on executing the expected duties of the office.

#697251 07/26/01 02:41 PM
C
C
<B>{{{{{{{{{{CJ}}}}}}}}}}</B><P>I'm so sorry Cindy. I know how long, and how hard you fought to save this. I have constantly been amazed at your strength this past year, and then some. If there is ANYONE who could have made it work, I would have sworn it would have been you, but I think it's impossible for anyone to save a marriage on their own.<P>I'm wishing you peace and healing. You are a terrific lady and it saddens me that he cannot see that and put forth the tiny bit of effort it would have taken on his part to have made this work.<P>You are in my thoughts and prayers CJ.<P>your buddy...<P>------------------<BR>nick<P>it's only time that heals the pain <BR>and makes the sun come out again

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 697 guests, and 49 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation