quote:
Originally posted by maw64: d..."> quote:
Originally posted by maw64: d...">

Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 1,690
E
Member
Member
E Offline
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 1,690
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by maw64:
<strong> do not let him make it a power struggle between you and him....</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Oh but he WILL. With momma's money and claws, no less.

I don't understand why I need his cooperation anyway. I am the one who drives them, packs their lunches, does homework with them, goes on field trips, etc. He just shows up at conference time to blame me for anything that the teacher mentions my kids are doing wrong in class. Everything they do well is entirely the result of his every-other-weekend.

I hate the helpless-to-fix-this feeling. Hate it!

Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 1,302
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 1,302
You know it is funny my ex is not involved at all - he calls once a week if that and hardly ever sees them - has never been involved in any kind of school decisions or basically any decisions - he is a "wonderful father" in name only or that he pays his child support - and I get angry sometimes because I have all of the responsibility - but you know what after listening to what most people go through - I am actually the lucky one.... I have my girls 24/7 and their lack of the relationship with their dad is his fault and his alone... So I guess I will consider myself lucky.... And as for someone else recommendations - remember you know your child best..

Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 1,690
E
Member
Member
E Offline
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 1,690
I have wished for my own sake that my XH would be less involved, but I'm glad he is a part of my children's lives for their sake. I really wish he would not let his hatred for me show in their presence. I am tired of their minds being poisoned against me, when it was me that had to leave because of the abuse and he was the one who filed ... the kids don't know that. They seem to have forgotten why mom and dad are divorced except for the fluffy version of the story: mom and dad don't get along ... I don't know if the 9 y.o. has truly forgotten what he witnessed but I think the 6 y.o. has (they were 5 and 2 then) ... but I wouldn't be surprised if they were brainwashed to believe that the divorce was all my fault.

Ugh, another 15 minutes and I have to leave for this. Not good. Vomitous.

Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 1,302
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 1,302
Good Luck.... You will do fine... just don't let him get to you - you are there because of your son....

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 192 guests, and 35 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Countfunkula, mollye14, Pansu, sakyt, George Mixflicke
72,372 Registered Users
Latest Posts
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
What happens if we both have developed aversions?
by Samuel Connely - 10/03/26 02:12 PM
Separated/Dating
by mark_foster - 09/20/26 04:14 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,661
Posts2,323,619
Members72,372
Most Online9,682
May 13th, 2026
deneme bonusu
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2025, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.