Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#822628 09/28/03 10:44 AM
S
S
Father of 8
just wondering how things are going for you?

want you to know I am praying for you and your family.

I was a bit concerned though when you mentioned your wife was going to a lawyer..

I really hope you get to one and ask him to draw up papers and put that you want to reside at the resident till you all go before the judge..

temporay custody etc..because otherwise if she does that first and her lawyer takes it to the judge for temporary I think they can give it to her.and make you leave..

I know I had no kids at home and hubby was going to do that to me..I happen to go to court to ask some questions and they referred me to the place for getting a restraining order and the guy looked at me when i said my name..and I told him I wanted to know what I had to do to get a restraining order to keep my husband out..and he said I shouldnt tell you this but he told me to get to an attourney NOW..or I will be put out..
so is what they were going to do to me..but my lawyer did it first..papers taken to a judge and filed them in court..and I got to stay in the house and he had to pay me so much..but we ended up meeting with a lawer to make the arrangements..for temporary support marital
maintnance..and he was living elsewhere anyway..so I got to stay in the home..he never was allowed to come back..I said no..he abused me.
I had no restraining order or anything.he knew not to come around I would call the police as he had threatened me..there was alot of things I can't go into here..but he is dead now..so I just don't want to bring it all up..but you need to protect your assetts when you go through something you won't beleive how they can turn on you. I never thought mine would do to me what he did..he would of put me in the street..I did nothing wrong..
take care of you and the kids..ok..God bless..

#822629 09/28/03 10:58 AM
S
S
Forgot this
you need to ask the lawyer to ask the judge to
have a court ordered pychological examination
on your wife due to her past irresponsible behaviour in running off and getting pregnant by someone else..when she was just wanting time away
from the children. That way she won't get custody and they will have one done to see if maybe she needs medication, or was maybe suffering from baby blues.

It is important it is proven she is mentally stable, so as not to harm the children ok..

take care and praying for you..it's just with her behaviour changed and you need to know why.
God bless you all..I hope your family gets back together..again..for yours and the kids sake.
and she gets her act together. I can't beleive how a mom can just walk away like she did, and now walks back in..whats up with that?
EarthAngel

#822630 09/28/03 11:36 AM
N
N
fatherof8:
Although my stbxh and myself are going through a divorce right now not because of an affair I am taking precautions for myself and kids. We've been split up for 18 months. In those 18 months he has not seen the kids every other weekend except once. That was this last month at the advise from his attorney. He is asking for joint custody with no exact times dates that he has the kids just (let me quote from the paperwork) With Mary receiving primary physical custody, subject to Daniel's specific visitation.
I THINK NOT!!!!! I have the kids 99.999999999% of the time. I'm going to ask for sole custody for 6 months taking the kids every other weekend and if he can do this then I will have it changed to joint. I feel that if I give him the joint (to save him on child support) he will not be there or call me at the last min., to cancel and I'll be the one stuck with out care for them and it will affect my job. At least if I have sole custody I don't have to worry about NOT being able to depend on him. Don't get me wrong.....I'd love nothing more than for him to be consistant with the kids. They love him more than anything in this world. The sun rises and falls with there daddy. (they are only 5)but I hope that he can (by his attorney's advise) show his kids that he will be constant with them and be there for them regulary. Good luck to you.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 69 guests, and 38 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation