Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#853499 03/09/00 03:26 PM
P
P
Bill,<P>Hugs and prayers to you.<P>I am glad to hear you are holding out. The tears I think are a good sign...she may be coming arounfd more than her words show. I think returning to plan B is probably best it will give her time to reflect on the things that you discussed.<P>{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{BILL}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}<P>------------------<BR>Love and Prayers<BR>Nicole smile

#853500 03/09/00 03:38 PM
R
RWD Offline
R
Bill,<BR>No advice to offer, just my prayers for you and your marriage.<P>Bob<BR>

#853501 03/09/00 04:23 PM
J
J
Hey Bill,<P>Disappointments only come from high expectations. I've learned this the hard way and from you drilling it into my head as well [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] You seem to be doing quite well. I'm happy you got to speak to Robin and get that off your chest. Now you can move on and continue your plan B. You are doing great. I've become somewhat of a lurker, hope to chat with you soon.<P>Prayers for you as always!<P>------------------<BR>"If you can learn from the mistakes of others, you won't have to make them youself."<P>lady_divine77@yahoo.com

#853502 03/09/00 05:32 PM
N
N
Hi Bill,<P>Nothing constructive to say. It appears that everyone else has given good comments & advice.<P>Just sending hugs & prayers your way...

#853503 03/09/00 10:00 PM
W
OP Offline
W
Desiree,<BR>Yep I did it. I had my expectations met. No changes. As it standa I have not decided to get in another relationsip, though it does cross my mind. As far as teaching Robin, she didn't see how we could get back what we had, I simply shared MB principles. She did seem receptive.<P>Sam,<BR>You know my story well, I agree with everything you said except that she loves me. She doesn't and I can see that. Do I think she can recapture those feelings yes I do, but she doesn't want to.<P>Nicole,<BR>I don't think she's coming around. Her self-centered fear is holding her back. She is too weak and stubborn to change.<P>Bob,<BR>Thanks.<P>Jamie-Lee,<BR>The only expectation I had was to see her say what she tells others. I had that expectation met, I also expected no change.<P>NT,<BR>Thanks.<P>I haven't given up all hope for my marriage, I believe we could rebuild.<P>The way I see it is no matter what happens I survived her affair, moreover this is one of Dr.H's objectives. I can look back and know I did everything I could to save my marriage. I have no regrets. Should she decide to take the hard road then I'm still a winner.<P>I have to admit that my love for her and my respect for her are leaving. Plan-b gives me the ways and means to go through this without all of the pain and anger.<P>I am a survivor.<P>Bill<P>------------------<BR>BB<BR>

#853504 03/10/00 01:54 AM
T
T
Hey Bill,<P>Probably Plan B did't have much chance to be proven??? I mean, I don't want to be blunt, but the time you spent writing the letter was more than the duration of the "no contact" stated in Plan B.<P>Can't say more now. I've been sick for 5 days and still don't feel good.<P>God bless you, Bill.<P>Alex<P>------------------<BR><B>Live fully and always learn</B>

#853505 03/10/00 06:30 AM
W
OP Offline
W
Alex,<BR>You are correct about the duration of plan-b, It has been 4 weeks. My main point is I don't think she is comming back. So I'm going to live my life accordingly. I still want her back but I don't know how long that will last. In 2 weeks it will be 6 months, I didn't think I would see 6 months since that is the case iy reaffirms my gut feelings.<P><BR>Bill<P>------------------<BR>BB<BR>

#853506 03/10/00 09:24 AM
N
NSR Offline
N
Bill,<P>My Brother...<P>I understand the need to talk with Robin...<BR>It is OK... even under Plan B...<BR>Clarification for both you and her is important since you don't want her to misconstrue your thoughts and ideas.<P>Now that it is done with...<BR>I'm gald you realize that <B>no contact</B> is the only course of action you have.<BR>Just like... my message to Tim's(Medic's) "I love you" post.<P>Your Plan B letter was just so wondeful...<BR>A <B>true</B> from the heart... love letter...<BR>If ever you or Robin need a point of clarification... both of you... <B>go back to that marvelous letter.</B><BR>If you ever feel an urge to "teach her"... <B>go back to that marvelous letter.</B><BR>If she ever calls you... ask her <B>go back to that marvelous letter.</B><P>The length of a Plan B (or Plan A) for that matter is a very personal thing...<BR>You give yourself as much time as you need.<P>I personally feel that 99 and 44/100% of the waywards will... in time... regret what they have done... (my W included)...<BR>...the problem is that some waywards realize instantly... others take a year or two...<BR>still others 5 or 10 years... and even others only on their death bed...<P>Does that mean that the joy of God is to be snuffed out of our lives?...<BR>Does that mean that another personal human relationship... much healthier in faith... should be ruled out?...<BR>Does that mean that another person should be denied your special gifts for really loving?...<BR>No... No... and emphatically No!<P>You can still care for Robin... even after your Plan B is finished... by praying for her. Praying she grows into the faith filled experience you have gone through in your pain and suffering. Praying she too will... through her growth (maybe even in MB principles) will eventually have the spirit to find a new person who could benefit from her own growth... and NO... it will not be her current OB.<P>It may sound like I'm anti-covenant... in marriage...<BR><B>I am not!</B><P>I am for the spiritual health of all who seek it... and there are many women (and men too) who are praying to God to find a partner willing to share God's life with them...<BR>When out waywards have long term plans to remain away... stay unrepentant... close their eyes to a faith filled love... <BR>...it is not for us to deny ourselves and our gifts to a new relationship.<P>Bill...<BR>You will know your own time table for a relationship...<BR>2 years... 2 months... 2 decades... whatever!<BR>Just make sure you talk to God about it...<BR>I know He's carried you some of the way so far... don't feel you've outgrown His "ideas"... don't run to fast from Him... stay as a child in His eys. You've been humbled by this experience for a long time... keep your humility in His spirit.<P>Your story and life has touch many...<BR>Keep sharing... keep posting... keep caring...<P>Much love to you my brother...<BR>Much care and happiness to Abbey...<P>I pray for you and Abbey... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>I'll continue to pray for Robin too... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>...a lost sheep ...to one day be found.<P>Jim

#853507 03/10/00 12:57 PM
W
OP Offline
W
Jim,<BR>I've been waiting for your take on my actions Wednesday night. I'm glad you see the intentions of my actions. I have no idea what kind of time table I'm putting on this what I do know is my love and respect for her a getting to close to nil. I look forward to shareing what I have learned here with someone. I am a new man, and a survivor. I will remain steadfast in my faith and continue to seek God's will for me. I pray for Robin to live in his will but we both know that the good Lord gave us the freedom of choice in that matter and there isn't a thing we can do if our spouces choose to live outside of God's will, they ultimatly have to pay the tab.<P>I hate that this program lost ny post from this morning. It clarified a few things that might have been misconstrued in this thread.<P>I love you brother,<P>Bill<P>------------------<BR>BB<BR>

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 671 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation