Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
N
OP Offline
N
Thanks for all the replys!<BR>I talked to him last night. He says there isn't anything going on with anyone. I am just driving myself crazy..I go over the whole thing. If he did have an affair it would have been a quick one! Real Quick.<BR>The pager thing I don't know...I know he has gotten wrong pages in the past. (he suggested changing his pager number) He did take a shower, but he always does in the morning. He left the house in a T-shirt and a hat on. To me if he was interested in another women he would have taken a shower before he left and when he got home (I was still asleep) I know he is a Supervisor at his work as he values his job very much, not to mention he is the sole supporter right now. I can't see him screwing that all up. Not to mention he adopted my 2 other children from my previous marriage and he knows how much child support he would be paying for 4 children. I guess the only thing I can do at this point is to really pay attention to details. I just can't imagine him doing that to his family. I know you all have probably said that too. Maybe I am burying my head in the sand, but I am too pregnant right now to drive myself insane, plus I do have my other kids to take care of. If he is....HE knows what he will be throwing away. I am sorry that is one thing I will not put up with. For now....I am a watch dog....Thanks guys.<BR>PS..I lived in St.Louis for about 18 months.<P>------------------<BR>NotSure2K

T
T
My H started an affair with the receptionist at work. I just finished reading some of the posts and HAD TO REPLY!!<P>The day before my H left he was telling me he loved me etc etc. He told me Feb 6, he slept with her the week before, he was in love etc etc. Always home every night EXCEPT that one night. <P>She told someone that she thought we were seperated at the time BULL S***. I called H almost daily at work, she always answered the phone, I always said HI D! Can I talk to T please!! <P>NEVER in a million years would I have suspected my H to cheat, he was VERY affectionate, told me he loved me ??? times a day. We did everything together.<P>Everyone was as surprized as me. He WAS a manager at his work, they took him out of that position. He WAS making 6k a month, one of his checks was for around 149.00, after the affair. I never thought he would risk his job, he did. I never thought he would cheat on me, he did.<P>Did I have blinders on?? I can't honestly say but I really don't think so. I thought he truly loved me. I could always reach him when I needed to. He always answered his cell etc. <P>Just be cautious, thats all I can say. <P>Tracy

N
OP Offline
N
Thanks Tracy!<BR>I know that I can't keep my blinders on! I am trying to be cautious. I just know that I am killing myself with Negitive Sprit by thinking about this 24,7. If he indeed is having an affair with this girl, I guess I will find out sooner or later. You did Right? How long was it for you? In the meantime I have got to trust in God and the fact that he does love me and our children (and the one on the way) and go on that until I have more concrete evidence. I will not bury my head in the sand though believe me. I have got to try and focus on our marriage and the good times we share together. Thanks for you reply. Hope all is going well with you? <P>------------------<BR>NotSure2K

C
cac Offline
C
i never thought my h would have an affair either. i was 6 months pregnant when it started. it was with a coworker (his boss) at his night job. they started out as "just friends" (who doesn't). anyway, i was suspicious because of a few things out of the ordinary, but there was nothing major. i always wondered if i was just paranoid because i was pregnant. but when i was 7 1/2 months pregnant, i found a credit card receipt and the cell phone bill. still claimed just friends, but found out the truth when my baby was a month old. now, may he is "just friends" with her, but that's how it starts. you've got to get him to end it, but i'm not sure how. i know i tried but it didn't work - i trusted him too. it is not right for a married man to have a close friendship with a woman outside of the marriage, period! i tried to tell my h this, but he thought i was being ridiculous. then he said he would honor my wishes, but in actuality he was having an affair. i still don't know all the details as far as when they actually started having sex, so i don't know if i might could've stopped it before it came to that. but if i were you, i would do everything i could to stop it. can you get counseling from dr. harley? i'm having my first session with him tomorrow. my prayers are with you - i truly know just how you feel. good luck and do take care of yourself and your baby. also, i would talk to my ob/gyn about it and like someone else suggested have him wear a condom, and just say doctors orders. keep posting!

N
OP Offline
N
Thanks for your post.<BR>I guess this is pretty common..Affairs in the work place. I am not sure what I am going to do...I know for now, I am going to be real watchful. But my question is...<BR>When should we take their word and trust.<BR>I don't want to be stupid either, but what if he is being honest with me and I am really being paranoid. I am sure that has happened to some of you. What if I keep accusing him as push him into an affair. I do want to know if he is or isn't but right now I just don't have enough proof. I can't keep accusing him without enough hard evidence. How did some of you find out for sure??<P>------------------<BR>NotSure2K

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 184 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
ClarencePeterson, ColsDawg, dr. lan smith, Dexterman2024, jonesbarry055
71,869 Registered Users
Latest Posts
Spying on Wife's phone without getting caught?
by ClarencePeterson - 09/22/24 08:59 PM
Depression
by ClarencePeterson - 09/22/24 11:19 AM
Separated/Dating
by ClarencePeterson - 09/21/24 08:58 PM
Child activities
by ClarencePeterson - 09/21/24 08:56 PM
Loss of libido/Sexual Attraction
by ClarencePeterson - 09/21/24 06:10 AM
Involucrar o no a la familia por apoyo
by ClarencePeterson - 09/21/24 06:09 AM
On the same page...in a bad way
by BrainHurts - 09/20/24 04:27 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,606
Posts2,323,419
Members71,870
Most Online3,185
Jan 27th, 2020
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2024, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation