Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
C
C
I haven't posted here on the forum for quite<BR>awhile. Mostly I just lurk once in awhile. <BR>But, I want to give my own answer to this very interesting question.<P>I am a Christian and have been since I was a<BR>small child and attended church with my grandmother. That doesn't mean that I've lived the perfect Christian life....I havn't<BR>It does mean that Jesus Christ is much more than just my Lord and Savior. He is my best friend.....I wish that I could put into words what God means to me. To say that I love Him is an understatement. One of my favorite songs was posted here several weeks ago: "There is None Like You" ....the truth is that there is none like Jesus.<P>There are very simply no words to describe what it is like to know Jesus and to have Him in your life...you have to get to know him yourself. And, that is what true Christianity is all about. It's not about bible-thumping. It's not about following the <BR>teachings of a man who lived two thousand years ago. It's not even about going to church 5 nights a week or even one or two nights a week. Nor is it about what denomination you happen to be. It's about knowing Jesus Christ personally and having Him as your friend. There is no better friend to have.<P>CJ<P>P.S.<BR>A few years ago, my husband and I had a Chinese student as a guest in our home. While riding my bike she took a terrible spill when she went too fast down a hill.<BR>Later another of her friends said to me that if Jesus is real then why didn't he stop our friend from going down that hill and falling.<BR>Not knowing how to answer her, I asked the Lord what to say. His answer was that I should tell her that he did warn my young friend, she just didn't listen.<BR>It isn't that God doesn't speak to us, He does. It's that we all too often do not listen or even recognize His voice.<BR>------------------<BR>Psalm 42<P>[This message has been edited by CJB80 (edited July 08, 2000).]<p>[This message has been edited by CJB80 (edited July 08, 2000).]

A
A
i always cosidered myself an agnostic also,but during the worst time in my life i began to pray.I never attended church,and therefore my children are not religious.Now i wish they had something to fall back on.<BR>the weekend that H left we were going to go to church for the first time together.alone1

R
R
I am a Christian, and as long as I can remember have always been one. My marriage has been up and down for so long, and the pain has been taken to the extreme in our case. Too much to explain. I know in my heart that God has his hand in all that goes on in my life, and I have realized that I have learned so much through this process. Just want you all to know that without God's hand, I would not be here, my H would not be here, my children would have grown up without us. Jesus really does save. My marriage is back on again after death had almost entered the picture. We have been fighting a spiritual battle through all of this, and God is on our side. Put your marriages in God's hands! I know that I can't go on without HIM !!! Miracles really do happen if we continue to look to God!!!!

E
e_b Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Anyone else care to join in? [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

O
O
With God all things are possible!<P>Peace, ~Marie

O
O
<BR>I'll play. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P><BR>I consider myself a Christian. I've prayed and received real, tangible answers to those prayers. I've heard the voice of God speak to me, guiding me. It's kinda personal, so please forgive me if I don't spread the details far and wide. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>I know that had I been faithful in following God, there would be no need for me to visit this site. The most horrendous, agonizing moments in my life could have been avoided, had I simply lived according to the commandments of God. I sinned, and I'm suffering the consequences of that sin. I also know that God will forgive me, whether or not my wife chooses to forgive me.<P>I am not a betrayer in the EA/PA sense, but I failed to keep my vow to love and cherish my wife. I was wrong. <P>Slightly Sane<BR>

N
N
I believe that Jesus died for my sins, which are MANY [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] and that because of that I will go to heaven when I die. I don't believe I have to *do* anything further, because Jesus did all the work, and am so very thankful to Him for that. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>I believe that God made everything and everyone, and don't understand how anyone can look at the sky, or a cat's face, or a baby and not believe in at least *something* bigger than themselves.<P>I don't believe in pushing my religion down anyone's throat. I am a member of the Episcopal church, although I don't attend regularly. I'd like to go back and get closer to God. I've missed Him.

C
C
I, too, am a Christian. I have been a churched individual all my life. <P>I know God loves me. He wants me to live with Him in Heaven forever. That's why He sent His only son, Jesus [yes it is Joshua in Hebrew] to the earth to both live and die for me. Can you imagine having only one child and you allow some people to treat him horribly and to kill him - on purpose? Can you imagine loving someone you knowingly allow some people you could outpower to kill you in one of the most painful ways possible?<BR>I know I'm not necessarily worthy of that love but, obviously, I am worthwhile.<P>I used to think that God would fix things - especially my marriage - if I would pray hard enough and believe enough.<P>Now I know that He gives us the fight of choice and that He will allow us to live with the natural and logical consequences of those choices. Sometimes those choices cause us - and others - great pain. Searing, blinding, indescribible pain. And He lets us go through that. <P>God didn't fix my marriage but He was there to be my strength and comforter.<P>"You are my strength when I am weak.<BR>You are the treasure that I seek.<BR>You are my all in all."<BR>

B
B
...<p>[This message has been edited by Beerman2 (edited July 02, 2001).]

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 827 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation