Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
P
OP Offline
P
Hi everyone,<P>I was wondering why each of us chose the name that we did when we registered on this site. Some of the names obviously describe emotions, but others don't. How about a brief explanation?<P>I chose Peppermint because it is the little nickname my husband used to call me when we were dating. He hasn't called me that for many years, but it reminds me of a happy time in our life together.

M
M
Hey Peppermint,<P>I'll bite on this one. It's easy enough. Haven't been posting for a while. Still reading on what's happening with my buds. Yes, I am looking thru the windows to see what's happening.<P>Let's see, my name... I'm a paraMEDIC and my regional medical command number is 238. That was the only thing I could think of other than "dumb as dirt", "stupid as a stump" or "what an idiot I've been for the last few years".<P>They all seemed to me to be too long. I should have gone with "Zippy the Pinhead"<P>If I would register today it would be "I have made so much progress and improvement in my life and want to show my W the new and improved version of Tim and that the marriage will work and we will live happily ever after until one of us dies"<P>Do you think that would be too long as well?<P>Well, still holding the title of village idiot.<P>Wishing us all the Best.<P>Zippy

L
L
LOL.. Mine is a very secret alias for my real name....Laura.<P>Geeze, I need to get an imagination huh?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK, the reason why I chose mine is because it's a character from this really cool anime I saw. It's called Fushigi Yugi and the girl's name is Yuki Miaka, Miaka for short. She reads this book called the Universe of the Four Gods and gets sucked into with her friend Yui. She meets this guy named Tamahome and they fall madly in love and vow that they're going to stay together no matter what. It's really cute. That's why I call my husband Tamahome, Tama for short because we're like them. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] Anyway, if anybody has time to watch this anime (I'm warning you, there's A LOT of episodes in this series! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]), you'll find that it's really funny, but yet cute at the same time. <P>Sorry for the long narrative, but that's why I chose my name. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>------------------<BR> <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/zbucketmouse" TARGET=_blank>http://www.geocities.com/zbucketmouse</A> is where my page is. Check it out!:)

R
R
Well, I chose my name with a couple of things in mind.<P>I picked this one so that I was not identified as a male or female, just from the post(my husband was concerned I would start another affair, possibly via this site, as my EA was on the internet). But, once I post, I refer to myself and my husband, so that was kinda stupid.<P>Also, I felt kinda like a raskal, due to my affair.<p>[This message has been edited by Raskal (edited July 07, 2000).]

W
W
My original username was "stubborn". That was the only thing that got me through the most intense period of the affair - my stubborness.<P>After the forum crash in spring of '99 I couldn't log on as "stubborn" so became "wasstubborn"

F
F
Corinthians 13<P>And now abide FAITH, HOPE, LOVE, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

H
H
I've actually wanted to explain mine.<BR>I created it shortly after D-Day and wasn't feeling very creative. I felt like I was clueless for the past 3 months and clueless through my marriage on how to be a husband.<BR>Who is the most clueless character to come to my mind at the time was Homer Simpson.

S
S
I choose mine because H seemed to be "moving on" pretty quickly.Things are slowing down a bit,he wants me to file.soon2bx

S
S
I love Tigers.....always have!!<P>Strange since I am primarily a dog lover!!<P>Anyway, when I was very little, I received my first stuffed tiger.....the first word I said was "Sheba" when I hugged it.....<P>Hence her name and my subsequent shout of "Sheba" whenever I saw a picture or the real thing at the zoo!!!<P>I named my first car Sheba....<P>It's a word/name that means warmth, safety and love to me.....<P>I needed those comforts and when I found this place I felt them.....<P>BIG HUGS and THANK YOU to all my "Shebas" here!!!!<P>Sheba<BR>

R
R
I'll play ...<P>Experiencing a few of the proverbial rollercoaster bumps and indignities, I felt I needed a more inspirational name, hence "Resilient".<P>I think the name change has helped a little.<P>I'm really interested to hear Popeye's username reason. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Jo

G
G
Well....if you saw my home, you would know. I have lots of flowers outside....my fave are impatiens [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Then the inside of my home is filled w/ flower decor,dried flower wreaths,and I do hand painting of flowers and vines on my walls.<P>My clothes are also almost all some type of floral print.<P>I just love anything things to do w/ gardening,flowers etc...always wanted to own a flower shop [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>So,thats it [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

M
M
Ok, ready to see how good my imagination is?? LOL<P>Mitzi is really my name. It's actually my nickname, Melissa is my real name. But EVERYONE calls me Mitzi or Mitz.<P>

E
e_b Offline
E
Mine is pretty obvious. Right? It's that bunny from the battery commercials that keeps on going, and going, and going... just like me! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

M
M
Well, because I seem to have an opinion about almost anything, can't seem to shut up, sometimes. <BR> Call my nose my beak.<BR> Mynabird just seems fitting for my personality [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

N
N
Mine?? Because it's so true!!!!

A
A
Well, mine is pretty obvious too, but I can't sleep tonight so I'm here reading away.<P>My Name is Allison and I am a Betrayed Wife.<P>((((((((((hi allison)))))))))))<P>BTW, I live in arizona.<P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

M
M
My grandpa's nickname for me was Molli. He called my D Little Molly.<P>He passed away last year. <P>My grandpa's nickname and my grandpa were always very special to me.<P>BTW, my real name is Marla.<BR>

L
L
This is such a cute post. I'm having alot of fun learning about my comrades!<P>My name is one part a symbol of the state I live in and one part for my black chow dog, Lana. Hey, isn't that how people choose their drag queen names?!<P>If I used the name my H gave me, I'd be "Snugglebunny" and would have to pass out peptobismal whenever I posted.<P>Boring real name--Donna.<P>Where is this site based anyway, the midwest? It's not 4:08a.m. like it says above my post--it's 11:08p.m. here in the Aloha state.<p>[This message has been edited by Leilana (edited July 08, 2000).]

L
L
some might say that love is always blind. but boy, have i found out WAY more than i ever thought i would. i refuse not to see what is going on right in front of me any more. i can even laugh now at some of the things i fell for so easily [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 597 guests, and 58 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation