Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
C
C
Ok, Well, my H's nickname is chick and I am his so I'm "Chick's" He just didn't know I was his and he was mine until after we ended up here!<P>------------------<BR>Chick's <BR>Bren<P>You won't see things until your ready to not be blind!

T
T
NB,<P>But new start is just another way of saying new binning isn't it? It's not the beginning you thought it would be, but it IS a beginning.<P>

V
Vee Offline
V
Mine isn't terribly interesting. I chose Vee because it's a nickname for me. My real name is Venita, so I just use Vee for short. I sign all of my notes as V, but it looks better on screen with a few more initials!<P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

S
S
I peeked in here while on my trip, just can't stay away!<P>I chose it for shizophrenic, though I was later corrected that they hear voices, while I just felt like there were at least two entirely different people living inside me.<P>While I experienced all the grief other betrayeds know only too well on top of years of not having my needs met, I also have known unbelievable euphoria as we connected in ways we never had before. But the me with the grief and lost self image didn't seem to belong there at the same time.<P>When I first signed on, two weeks after d day, I thought I was losing my grip because I would move daily in and out of these extremes. Make any sense to anyone??<P>I've been thinking of a name change, but to what?

L
L
Leilana, has there been a mystery around my name? H and I studied French in Belgium. I have a B.A. in French. Now, I used to be able to consider myself somewhat fluent, but I am afraid that I have forgotten a lot! Brussels is where H and I started dating on an exchange trip. What I wouldn't give to recreate that first kiss. I know my H wasn't thinking about anyone but me, and I still swear it was a sign that we were meant to be together. I can still look back on the romantic feelings we had. I wish he could.

K
K
Well...mine's kinda weird but here goes. My real name is Keri which may be derived from the name of the Celtic Goddess Cerridwen who is the Goddess of death and rebirth. Which, by the way is the way my life feels over the last 15 months. So I just changed the spelling to Keridwen and added 7 because it's my favorite number. Also, just to let you know...Cerridwen was also known as the "great [censored]-eating sow". For some reason that seems appropriate too. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>------------------<BR>Blessed be.<BR>****************<BR>Keridwen<P>Keridwen_7@yahoo.com

B
B
I'm so glad you asked, and when I have more time I want to read the stories. One and a half pages already, really neat!<P>Gotta leave soon for the day, but briefly:<P>Bellevue was the name of an asylum for really insane people, it was in New York. I don't know if it is still running. <BR><P>------------------<BR>Belle, Domestic Goddess

B
B
...<p>[This message has been edited by Beerman2 (edited July 02, 2001).]

M
M
Ok,ok, it's " Mother Hubbard" from the old nursery rhyme.I got stuck in this screen name at this time we first got our computer.We were in a big due process battle(law suit) for an appropriate education for our multiply handicapped son.At the time we were forking out $1600/month to run the educational program we were battling the school district for.Thus, I was "mother hubbard".....didn't even have a single bone in those cupboards!<P>When I came here it still seemed fitting,as I felt so very empty. My H thinks it's a good name for a band!!!!! LOL

M
M
Mudder was derived from my favorite pass times, mountain biking. This activity often leads me into very muddy situations, making me a mudder.<P>Mud

C
C
In the fairy tale, Cinderella didn't get treated very well - emotional abuse and neglect were what I got from my x.<P>A couple of years after x moved out a friend and I dressed up to the 9s and went to the theatre. On the way home, we stopped to play lasar tag (Bear in mind that I had on heels and a strapless pink taffeta party dress). During the game, I heard the other players calling me Cinderella and I saw the parallels between the story and my life.<P>Just as Cinderella transformed, so did I. Only God was with me - not a fairy godmother.<P>And one day I may find a real Prince Charming.

B
B
Count me in....<P>This is my 2nd user name. My first was DawnD... short for Dawnetta and D my last initial (at the time). *Boooooringgggg* [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>I reregistered as Butterfly because of all the changes (positive changes) I was/am going through... I was finally coming out of my cacoon of darkness and starting to spread my wings. I found my inner beauty, and was ready to fly on my own. <P>That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!<BR>Butterfly [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

L
L
Faith,Hope,Love, Energizer Bunny, loveWASblind=lwb:<P>I get frustrated having to type my UserName<BR>over and over again to post--but you guys have the longest UserNames here. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]!<P>You must be just about ready for carpal tunnel surgery!!!<P>Any regrets?<P>

S
S
it's my NT machine name at work! s is first initial (Steve) wiz is a short "version" of my last name.

O
O
Ok, I'll play....<P>Marie is my name...the OH MY part comes from reading other's stories/opinions/outcomes. Sometimes, I can't help but GASP and say, OH MY! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

H
H
I'll bet you all can guess why I chose my name...<P>Actually, I chose it after D-day #1 (the PA) but before I knew about any of the other little bombshells that have been dropped in the past seven months. Some days I just want to sign in "Hurting" and others "Coping". I'm hoping one day I'll want to change it to "HappyAgain."<P>I think if I had had an inkling of what was in store I would have chosen "AAACK!" instead.<P>I'm glad you started this thread, peppermint. I kept wondering if your name was patty...<P>All the best. --HBC

T
T
Another player. Mine is my nick. Its also the most irresisible chocolate covered biscuit here in the land down under.Bit like me ha ha. Im actually sitting here now munching on them mmmmmmmm<p>[This message has been edited by timtam (edited July 10, 2000).]

T
T
I guess i don't need any explanation for my name. But I do feel like I may soon be changing it to "4given". [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] things are going very well.

A
A
Well, mine's not very inventive either - I happen to live in the province of Alberta!

S
S
My name is SHINE because growing up my mother always told me that I shined. I even had strangers tell me that. My mom recently told me that I seemed to have lost my shine. My husband and I are going through hard times right now. He has cheated on me and now I have cheated on him. We are tring to work things out, but is very hard! The trust is gone. I want to shine agian. So I picked that name.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 594 guests, and 60 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation