Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
L
L
Gosh Bernzini, this belongs on the points to ponder thread. What is it about OW wanting to invade our space. I mean they have our H isn't that enough? Maybe its because they know they don't really have our H, that they are second, that they feel they need to touch everything of ours and put their mark on it so to speak.<P>Its not normal. Its not part of a healthy relationship. Its warped and shows why OW have some weird concept about what a marriage is and what it means to be a wife.<BR>Lora<BR>

B
B
Yeah, you are right Lora. It's a territorial thing--animalistic marking ritual. Who was the one on this thread that said "It's like a dog peeing on their territory?" It's true. <P>

B
B
Love this thread!

B
B
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bellevue:<BR><B>Love this thread!</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>The OW bought my H several nice sports logo t shirts, her D bought him a tie, OW bought him a tie, and last gift was a Coach watch(which I priced on the internet at $195) and he shopped for a suit & accessories + shoes last may, which is something we both hate to do. I wonder whether she went to offer her good taste? the OW is only his "bestfriend" and this is not an affair, right? My recent fantasy involves taking a watch to the Coach watch .... oops, I was hanging up a china plate, the hanger fell on the watch. To be accurate, the gift was probably a joint OWH and OW gift, but I hate that he accepted such a costly gift from that woman. I have no idea what he gave her. BYW, this woman is an expert on ettiquite, proprieties, good manners, which fork to use and years ago she mentioned to my H which gifts were proper to give him (never anything too personal). Wonder what the etiquite is about becoming a wedge between a H and a W? Receiving more attention and interest than the Old Lady?<P>

G
G
This could be dangerous for me. OM was a armored car driver when they met, so eveytime I see one of those trucks I want to hit it with my car.<P>Now he is an underwater welder. So I go into the ocean and, well you get the point. <P>Now, I don't know where she got all of this stuff, but she has a new watch, several new pairs of shoes, and a bunch of new clothes. Nails are always done. But she can't seem to pay any child support.<P>Can you say misplaced priorities?

C
C
Well, I wish I could say the office, though we did re-arrange all the furniture. What hurts most is that I decorated it to begin with. Then I also heard that her old office, the one she doesn't work at anymore. <BR>Too much would have to be destroyed.....she was at our house, in his office, even in my parents house once. I just moved the furniture around to try and get a different feeling. Wish I had more money to rearrange everything!<P>------------------<BR>Chick's <BR>Bren<P>You won't see things until your ready to not be blind!

C
C
H had OW #1 garter on his sun visor in his truck. When I discovered it, I washed it and wore it one night when we had sex. He didn't relize what I had on. I then mailed it to her telling her what I did and thanking her for the gift as it made sex really great.<BR>I bet that really pissed her off!<P>Jill<p>[This message has been edited by crazy or what? (edited August 27, 2000).]

B
B
That's pretty funny, crazy or what. What sweet revenge! I love it!

W
W
I am beginning to see the picture more clearly about OW's gifts - they were meant to invade the house from the bedroom to the bathroom to the study to the lounge , etc. <P>It is like they want to park their things in your house and have their stuff next to your stuff and it is a competition when H uses their gifts more than yours. And the BELTS and the TIES and the WATCH - they are the perrenial favourites of most OW - you know, to tie them down, to constantly remind them of Times shared. UgH!<P>It was like making her presence felt in our house every moment. So when the A was exposed, and H confided that OW has given him stuff, I could just pick out the bad taste clothing and objects that were slowly eating up the space at home. The stench has somewhat cleared - altho the underwear...hmmm

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 610 guests, and 48 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation