Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
S
TT,<P>My H has been having nightmares, too. In fact, just last week, he was having one, and in his dream he was screaming. He was making a gurgling noise, which woke me up! Later, I asked him what he had been dreaming about. He said to me, "Your ear had fallen off." I wonder what that means?<P>We've had conversations where he's told me he feels out of control. Once he said he feels like he's in a boat going down a raging river and he's heading for the rapids.<BR>Last week he told me that he's on a path of self destruction. He also told me that he doesn't think he could have a job that handled money again, because he doesn't think he could prevent himself from taking it!!<P>Several times now, he's made statements like his life is over (he's 56). And, that he always thought he survived combat in Viet Nam because there was something important he was supposed to do. He's told me he feels like a failure because he's never done anything "important".<P>You are right, whatever it is that's wrong with them, it isn't pretty!!!

N
Nellie1 Offline OP
OP Offline
N
burnedspouse,<P>Shortly after he left, I asked him if he ever loved me, and he said he probably did - almost like he couldn't remember, but he figured he must have...<P>tootrusting,<P>I think my H feels like he has little control over what he says or does.<P>As far as I know, he doesn't have nightmares. He has always claimed that he almost never remembers his dreams, if he actually has any.<P>sidney,<P>I find it so terrifying that something can overtake a normal, decent person so completely. Why do people spend so much time worrying about heart disease, etc., when at least that doesn't destroy your mind.

B
B
I saw a movie the othernight that had this demon jumping from innocent body to innocent body tormenting this cop with trying to find the demon in the next pedestrian! It was a big game.<P>I think this has happened to our WS's. That is why they don't remember; it is not really them!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Just a little levity!

T
T
My H tried to drag me off our porch. He grab my arm hard enough that it left bruises. I had our S in my arms. Remembers nothing.

A
A
Sorry Nellie but I just can't resist. It'll make me feel better...<P>Yep my husband had a memory loss alright. He forgot..<P>...our vows.<BR>...our child.<BR>...our marriage.<BR>...lessons his parents, church, school had taught him.<BR>...his wedding ring.<BR>...that people gossip.<BR>...that people would see them together. They went to college football games here where most of our town goes.<BR>...that his reputation would be forever lost.<BR>...that this would scar his daughter and wife forever.<P>Thankfully though he finally remembered and came to his senses. Now he's in the process of forgetting again and unfortunately, I have the misfortune of reminding him from time to time. <P>He's trying to forget...<P>..what type of person she really is.<BR>..that she made a fool of him.<BR>..that she has a hobby of destroying other people's lives.<BR>..that she has a husband and child.<BR>..where they went, what they did, and what they said.<BR>..how much he hurt us.<BR>..how much he hurt himself.<BR>..how much he hurt his friends.<BR>..how much he hurt his company.<BR>..that he believed her lies for so long.<BR>..that he lost 2 years of our lives that cannot be reclaimed.<P><BR>Now we are both trying to remember that...<P>..God is in control of our lives and will restore all that has been lost.<BR>..we love each other and weathered the worst of storms because of God's faithfulness.<BR>..the time spent here on this earth is just a puff of wind in comparison to eternity. We will live out our treasure which is in heaven.<BR>..we can do all things through Christ Jesus who strengthens us. Phillippians 4:13

T
T
Wow, amhurt, did he leave you during this time?? Did it take 2 years????? for the affair to end. During his memory loss was he a very different person all around. Alien like????

U
U
delete<p>[This message has been edited by Trapped Mom (edited March 20, 2001).]

C
C
Here's a more recent one aside from my earlier one about wife saying vows contained no language that she had to stay with me forever:<P>We recently consulted a child psychologist to get primed for breaking the news of our coming divorce to our 4 year old D.<P>W and I went without child. Psychologist calls us a week later to follow up. I say to W, "Dr. _______ called today." W says "who's Dr. ______????"<P>Just goes to show where her priorities lie; they're with primping, getting her Mercedes detailed, cleaning her jewelry, and seeing the low life scum HS flame of hers after 20 years.<P>Criminetty sakes!!!<p>[This message has been edited by catamount82 (edited September 18, 2000).]

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 777 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation