Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#903770 04/10/01 12:41 AM
F
F
c1,<P>My H is doing everything right at home. We are extremely sexual and we do things to make each other happy (cards, etc). If I didn't know his track record I would have no reason to doubt him.<P>At this point it's all speculation that he's still addicted at work. Last year he would casue fights so he could go to work early and play on the net - this isn't happening.<P>Right now it's just my gut thinking he couldn't possibly stop his addiction overnight on his own. I have no way of knowing and would love to be a fly on the wall. I've thought about those net nanny programs, but I would need to have systems administrator access to his computer if I could even get access to it. <P>Most days I trust in the Lord to open my eyes when the time is right. Like you say, he will hit rock bottom at some point and it will show in other ways - I will see the signs.<P>So I guess for now I love him 110% and if the time comes (and I pray it doesn't) I will be done with him. We briefly talked about that the other night - I found an opportunity to remind him that I would not stick around next time. It was very brief, but I made my point AGAIN!<P>Thank you for sharing!<P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>------------------<BR><B><I>RECOVER * REFOCUS * REGENERATE ~ BREATHE * RELAX</I></B><P>By Eleanor Roosevelt ~~<BR><UL TYPE=SQUARE><BR><LI>"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built." <P><LI>"No one takes advantage of you without your permission."<BR></UL>

#903771 04/10/01 11:58 AM
L
OP Offline
L
Dear Jill and Free2BeMe:<P>Well, things are still pretty much the same around here. Haven't decided if H is trying to make me mad enought to kick him out and/or talk divorce or trying to hurt me enough by ignoring me so that I will give up the e-mails and the request to give up the OW too. At any rate, things are strained at best and I am seeing the counselor again on Thursday and will be trying to set up a session with the Harley's after that to move forward with Plan B. I think my H is of the opinion that I will go along with this way of living until I get tired of it and let him have his way. FAT CHANCE!!! this time. I'm getting tired of it alright, but not willing to give in this time to his selfish, childish, unrealistic way of thinking. Dread this for the kids and my 9 yr. old son will be so hurt and have so many questions and our little girl who is 12 and such a daddy's girl will miss him so badly even though she won't be able to understand exactly what is going on. Hope all is well with the 2 of you. Just wanted to touch base and update you both. Hit a very low spot over the weekend, but seem to be much more settled/resolved and grounded at this time. Will keep you posted and in my prayers. Thanks for yours. Take care......<BR>lonelyheart

#903772 04/10/01 05:27 PM
F
F
Lonelyheart,<P>Thank you for the update - you sound positive and in control of yourself! You are taking positive steps for your own sanity by going to counseling and calling the Harley's. You are doing the right thing for the kids as well. Your H is selfish and childish and defiantely in a fog.<P>My continued prayers for you!<P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>------------------<BR><B><I>RECOVER * REFOCUS * REGENERATE ~ BREATHE * RELAX</I></B><P>By Eleanor Roosevelt ~~<BR><UL TYPE=SQUARE><BR><LI>"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built." <P><LI>"No one takes advantage of you without your permission."<BR></UL>

#903773 04/18/01 03:31 PM
L
OP Offline
L
HI Jill, NSR, & Free2BMe:<P>Well,I have an appointment with Dr. Harley Fri. afternoon. I am so excited. You all have been such a great help and support for me as well as others here at the forum. Things are not so good here at home, but am trying to hang in there. It just hurts so bad, as I'm sure all of you know. Hopefully Dr. Harley can give me some direction in continuing Plan A, but feel Plan B may be just around the corner. The anger has escalated and recently H took it out on me sexually. He didn't physically hurt me, but it was still traumatic all the same, but I seem to have blocked it out as I have no real feelings about it that I can describe to you. Will keep you posted on what is going on. Thank you again for all the support/responses to my posts.....take care.<P>Jan

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 629 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation