Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
K
K
Thought of another one.<p>Affairs are no big deal really... everybody's having one.

S
S
Let's see....<p>After he said that nothing was going on between them and he had no feelings for her.<p>"...at least she treats me like when we first dated." ....hmm that made me believe he was totally innocent. <p>"No there was never any inappropriate contact, just a professional handshake after meetings."<p>"It is possible to love two different people at the same time."<p>"We always were clear that we didn't want to have sex. (This was after they wrote an explicit email detailing how they were going to make love to each other.)"<p>"We told each other that we were never going to leave our spouses."<p>"I had to get past her looks"<p>Ok my blood is starting to boil. I'd better stop for now....<p> [img]images/icons/mad.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/mad.gif" border="0[/img] Shaz<p>[ November 09, 2001: Message edited by: Shazam ]<p>[ November 09, 2001: Message edited by: Shazam ]<p>[ November 09, 2001: Message edited by: Shazam ]</p>

R
R
I remember this one and I wish I have tape recorder to play it to OM.<p>
"I could dump him (OM) anytime it was nothing".<p>
LOL !!!!. [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img]

N
N
OK,<p>It's been posted already but bears repeating:<p>"I love you but I'm not IN love with you" blach<p>"Don't come to the office because there's no need to make HER feel uncomfortable" <p>Yeah, like a give a rats a** about her comfort.

B
B
"She's just a friend"
"I don't know if I love you"
"I feel flat"
"I slept on Mark's couch"
"I need my life back again"
"I didn't have an extramarital affair"
"I need space"
"Just some guy coming to pick me up"
"I just want to be a part-time father"
"That call was from a guy who did the hay (4am)"
"she got dust in her contact lenses, that's why the solution bottle in the bathroom"
"I never wanted to marry you"
"I never wanted to have the children"
"You pushed me into everything"
"I want a divorce"
"I want to be a full-time father"
"I don't need anyone"
"I have been alone all this time with no support"
"It wasn't an affair because I had already decided the marriage was over"
"If we divorce it's got nothing to do with <ow>"

C
C
My XW (speaking about the OM):<p>"We have a mystical connection to each other...I can't just walk away from that, can I?"<p>Or how about this (OM was an old friend from high school):<p>"I always loved him, I just didn't find out until now!"<p>Maybe the best one:<p>"You don't understand because you've never been in love like this..."<p>
Did I mention they broke up six months ago?

J
J
Oh! More! More!<p>"This is all about me, nothing to do with you. You're such a great guy."<p>"You two [me and OM] would make such good friends." (After punching him, I doubt it [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] )<p>"I can't help but think it was destiny somehow."<p>"I think we're too materialistic." (The OM is pretty much penniless and I have a high $$ job - interesting way to justify leaving if you ask me.)<p>Ugh - I'll undoubtedly collect some more this weekend - no wait - my new policy is to stop these kinds of insults by explaining my feelings - no LB'ing though.

S
S
I had to chime in here:<p>After telling her I knew he was in Florida with her and spent the night in her room, "OM wanted to apologize for any misunderstanding and promises he won't contact me outside of work".<p>Also, "our daughter will be happy as long as we are happy (after divorce)".<p>After finding out she checked her voice mail at work 99 times in two months, "I needed someone to talk to".<p>After finding out she went to meet him the day after we separated for a short time "I was upset about us and needed a friend".<p>After she found out I had been recording her phone conversations and heard her tell him she was in love with him "I knew you were recording me and was just trying to hurt you".<p>I could go on and on.<p>sad dad

O
O
On d/d
WS: "She's just a friend" "She's a good friend"
(already pa'd, I was po'd and OW claimed to be prego'd) [img]images/icons/shocked.gif" border="0[/img] <p>WS: OW is very sensitive. OW is very delicate. <p>e-mail to BS:
OW: OW will take care of WS better than anyone. <p>OW promised to WS:
OW: Money, travel, setup own business, etc. <p>After WS moved out:
WS (talking to BIL): Did you know food is expensive? Now I have to pay for my own food. Every meal. <p>WS: I gave you a check ($300.00), why can't you pay my credit card bill ($1200.00)? <p>WS: I can't call you, my cell bill is too high.<p>Later:
OW: "What we have is like a marriage. No an affair is better than a marriage."<p>WS: I don't want to hurt OW's feelings. <p>Much later:
OW: Your W can have you 4 days a week and I will settle for 3. That way no one will be left out.<p>WS: I want to let her down gently. <p>Before:
WS: OW says she is pregnant but she is ignorant about those things. WS has to tell her what it feels like to be pregnant. That is why the WS knows OW is pregnant. (This happened 3 times - by the 3rd time, he wasn't so knowledgable and OW was still ignorant? [img]images/icons/shocked.gif" border="0[/img] ) Hence the name Mrs. Rabbit!!! By the way, OW is 45 years old. Ignorant? Which one!??!?! <p>WS: OW would never lie to me. Ow is an honest person. <p>
WS: You don't understand, the OW has not had sex in 3 years!!!! That's why she is soo tight it hurts!<p>[ November 10, 2001: Message edited by: Orchid ]<p>[ November 10, 2001: Message edited by: Orchid ]<p>[ November 10, 2001: Message edited by: Orchid ]</p>

T
T
Classic lines,<p>OW is a really good person.
Nothing will change with my family when we separate.
The OW is innocent. She did nothing wrong.
The OW reminds me of you.
Our physical attraction (mine and H's) is stricly physical. I'm still very attracted to you but that's it.
I need to find my happiness.
I lied about loving you all those years.
I hate you for pushing me to have the affair. It's all your fault.
If my life fails, I'll have you to blame.

_
_
"I want your financial security and his everything else."

"I want you as a friend."

"If it's a boy (definitely MY baby), I want to name him after OM."

(yesterday) "I don't want a divorce."
(today) "Can you help me move to my new apartment?"

Her: "I'm lonely."
Me : "Do you want me to come?"
her: "no."

-AD

<small>[ June 30, 2002, 01:55 AM: Message edited by: AD ]</small>

W
W
I have a couple I haven't seen here yet...<p>This one,during the last week of separation,upon my discovery of the EA,but with complete denial of PA from WS.<p>"I couldn't tell you about my strong feelings for OW because I didn't want that to cloud our issues"
As though he were working on our M...<p>This upon my confroting him with his rotten behavior and really why we separated [img]images/icons/frown.gif" border="0[/img] Mind you, we had been M 27 YEARS)<p>"I only married you out of lust, I don't think I ever really loved you"
Wow, 27 years is a pretty good run for lust,huh?<p>Love this one,after dday and before the fog lifted:<p>Him:"She is kind and gentle and SHE never swears,such a good person" (and M to someone else)
ME: Well, I DO swear but I don't have sex with other people's H ,so I"M NOT a good person??!!"
Should have seen the look on his face..not much to answer back to that one!

G
G
How about - <p>We're not married or we're not emotionally married or it's just on paper.<p>When I ask H why he's left he says - I don't love you. It has nothing to do with OW.<p>I'm still a good person.<p>I have a still have a good relationship with God. (He goes to church and receives communion and did it while activly having PA.)<p>He says the kids will be fine. He also says God would have to come down from heaven and tell him that the kids will not be ok.<p>Do I want him to be unhappy for the rest of his life?<p>What about free will? (By the way - I believe the free will part came into play when H chose to marry me and anyone can always choose to sin - that's what free will is all about - no one can force you to do what's right.)

W
W
OK, OK, just one more iteration of the one I posted above - and a fairly "fresh" one at that:<p>Her: I had to leave, it was your decision NOT to leave.<p>Me: Please explain one more time why either one of us HAD to leave?<p>Her: You were abusing me - you kept threatening to leave.<p>Me: Oh, now I get it. I was abusing you by threatening to leave, so you had to leave. Thanks, I understand perfectly now.

R
R
This is a great thread, its good to see that so many of us can find the humor (sarcastic as it may be) in the crazy things that WS says. So here are mine:<p>- We need time to figure out who we are. (I wonder if OM helped find her, or was he looking for something else?)<p>- You will never understand, we are soulmates, he ignited something inside of me that I have never felt before, we felt the same things at the same time, we had the same personalities, we are perfect for each other. (yes you are, that's why you feel so good right now)<p>- I will always love him and be his best friend. (I hope someday I can find friends who will abandon me when things get rough)<p>- My personal favorite #1. If it was any other man, I would find the things he does disgusting, but we are so right for each other that it doesn't matter. (hello, is anybody home?)<p>- My personal favorite #2, comes from both W and OM "I never intentionally wanted to hurt anyone, we started out as friends and the romance just grew, I couldn't stop it, it was out of my control" (I like to call this one the emotionally and mentally defective defense.)

F
F
ok, here's the latest from the wacky world of H2Y and his WS W.... she says:<p>"What are YOU doing to get me away from the OM?"<p>hmmm.... putting the responsibility on H2Y, the BS, to end the affair.

B
B
I have heard many one-liners from my WH over the last four years:<p>ABOUT OW:
"She's Wonderful"
"She talks to me"
"She's good with money"<p>truth: if he is talking with her he can't talk to me. WH had to bail her out a few times.<p>About me the BS:
"I don't hate you"
"I can't trust you"
"your bad with money"
The last one I got was "we are not compatible"<p>truth:
trust me? LOL look who's talking!
bad with money, yes I was when he was never home. Now I am good with money. No crazy spending.<p>Note: WH did not leave me to go to her for any great physical appearance.

B
B
One More:<p>about me the BS:
"I enjoy sex with you more then her" <p>but don't forget, she talks to him..LOL

E
E
Everyone,<p>This is sooo very funny in a sad way. Does this thread confirm the FOG theory, or what? How pathetically foolish is all this illogic?<p>Maybe you could make a FOGese checklist for WS.
Think of the time and frustration it would save.
BS posts a list of quotes from this thread on the refrigerator or gives the WS the list, and all the WS has to do is check off the appropriate FOGese for day.<p>God bless you all for your patience and strength.<p>Estes<p>[ November 11, 2001: Message edited by: Estes49 ]</p>

W
W
See? All of the above is proof positive that they all report to the same Mothership.<p>Roswell's got nothin' on us.<p>One more.<p>Just today, in a conversation about <son's> debate assignment:<p>Her: He needs your help to lay out a good argument for the position he's been assigned to defend.<p>Me: Oh?<p>Her: Yea, you know, you have always been the one who could defend any position, twisting around the facts to make your point - putting the twist on it to make it make sense.<p>Me: (speechless - I resisted the temptation to say what I wanted to say)<p>I swear I am not making this up.<p>WAT<p>[ November 11, 2001: Message edited by: worthatry ]</p>

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 822 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation