Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
L
L
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by hurtbyhubby:
<strong>Ding, ding, ding. Your H is back to avoiding things and not committing to no contact with OW?<p>Spell it out for him Orchid. I don't care, I know you are not supposed to threaten him, but in your case...<p>He has crossed your boundary. Stop extending your boundary to appease your H.<p>If he avoids you tonight, or will not commit to everything you need - HE'S OUTTA THERE.<p>You give him too many chances as it is. HE KNOWS WHAT HE HAS TO DO for God's sake. The only reason he's not doing it is because you are not keeping your boundaries and you are letting him get away with it.<p>I'm sorry Orchid, you need a kick in the butt today. <p>I know you are trying to be strong, but he has taken you down this path too many times. You are a good and wonderful person Orchid, you don't need his crap, and OW's crap.<p>I do hope your talk went well last night (or is it tonight... not sure when you posted). Please let us know how you made out.<p>I care about you, Orchid, and I am sick and tired of this man hurting you!!<p>HbH</strong><hr></blockquote>

I
I
Orchid,<p> I am glad to hear that you had your talk with him. I have seen that you have posted that you are thinking about leaving with the kids. I would suggest that you don't. If it does come to that point, and I hope that it doesn't. I would make him pack his stuff and leave. Why should you have to go through all of that? If he doesn't want the marriage I would make him leave. This will keep some stability for your son. <p>Indy

O
Orchid Offline OP
OP Offline
O
Hi, <p>Thanks for the kick.....start! <p>H is out of town this weekend (job work related & has a class to take in that area - also work related). OW is not with him.<p>We had a brief discussion yesterday and I shared my thoughts of how looking over all that has happened here is what I saw:<p>1. OW makes many promises/claims:
a. to send H to school
b. to give H money
c. claims to have bought plane ticket
d. claimed to be prego 3 times - no proof
& no baby
e. bought shirt for H - gave it to her hubby
(btw - H even tried it on - then her H
took it ?!?!?)
f. claimed to be buying a motorcycle (h wants
one real bad)
g. promised to buy H a motorcycle
h. now wants to go and buy property with H
i. set H up with his own internet business
j. promised to make him a sucessful man
k. promised to make him healthier with her
than with his family<p>2. H's side -
a. talked about buying her Jeep
b. talked about going into busienss with her
c. talked about buying a motorcycle
d. talked about moving into the mountains far
away from everyone
e. spent family money (thousands of dollars)
on their relationship (moved out, 3 day
vacation, motel 6 type sex escapades,
cell phone bills, etc.)
f. went to jail for domestic violence charge
(later dropped - but you can't erase that
it happened). Minor compared to most but
still traumatic.
g. loss of work
h. suicidal
i. relationship with God, broken.
j. physical ailments due to stress. <p>3. What I observed/did and suffered:
a. received and saw many lies
b. lost lots of money in interests, nsf fees
work time, etc.
c. suffered anxiety attacks & even suicidal
bouts.
d. mental effects on son, family and friends.
e. gave H money to bail his but out.
f. 2 miscarriages (1 last year and 1 this year)
g. tremendous strain on work, homelife, etc.
h. relationship with God strained.
i. physical ailments due to stress.<p>I guess there could be more..... Looking back I see a lot of talk and nothing to show. On H's side I see some talk and lots of money flowing out the door (family money - not extra money). <p>I share this with him and said that I no longer am willing to provide H with home and support if he allows contact with OW and is not honest with me. Yes, I have said this before. My boundaries have not moved, just the enforcement of them. <p>H agreed. H got angry at me hung up and then when he simmered down, we continued our discussion. He was in the middle of getting ready for work. The point he appears to be 'finally' learning is that when he stresses he is now realizing he is not the only one stressing. For some crazy reason he thought he was the only one stressing. Crazy or what? More like stupid..... but it is a learning point. See how the fog makes you stupid? Cloggs up the brain, kills the calculator. <p>So we are at this point. No proof or reassurance from H about ending his relationship with OW (he has not seen her but did speak with her on the phone last week), then no more support from me and we separate. The onis is on him. He agreed. <p>L.

C
C
Oh, Orchid,
Your issues ARE as critical as anyone else's! I for one, and oviously alot of others care very much about you. You were the first person to respond to me and my pain when I came here, and I have noticed these many monthes, that you are often the first to show concern and a caring shoulder to cry on!
I really wish there was more I could say to help you. Sometimes life feels like quicksand...

S
S
Orchid,
Yes, your issues are just as critical as everyone else's!!! You have been such a support and help for me and I can't tell you how much it has meant to me!
I don't have very good advice, because, as you know I have also had several discoveries of contact. For now my H says it is over, and Steve says I need to 'go with that' till proven otherwise, etc. I know that if there is contact again, he is 'outta here'... Maybe you should consider sticking to your boundaries, as I will if it happens again, and consider Plan B. I am so sorry you are having to go through this!!!!
Many hugs,
S

R
R
Orchid,
Even on MB, not all marriage is worth saving. If you can not be happy M and no willingness of SO to work on it then I think we should let it go. Give it to The Lord and you have done your part. H will have to learn his mistake and hope you will still be there. In the past do you ever give H a plan B ?.

F
F
Orchid - I went through your recent posts with the same questions Redhat has.<p>To me, you've worked very, very hard. But the patterns haven't changed (on his end). <p>I would suggest it's time for something different. You just deserve better treatment.<p>Twyla's post about why and when she went to plan B may apply; I'll see if I can find it.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 319 guests, and 52 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Comfortable Shoe, Sourdine, Abela Laye, Ardent Center, Lost@1969
71,846 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation