Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
A
By reading your post, I would have thought your wife was 19, 49! yikes! Did anyone ever suggest to her that she should grow up! Provocative questions, ones not oftened consider in January in Montana!

O
O
an opinion : I believe quite a few women put beauty and appearance very high on their agenda. There is tremendous social pressure on females to conform to a stereo type of the anorexic provocative bimbo. Whilst a women who uses fashion and makeup to enhance her personality is truly a pleasure to be around, those who become obsessed with fashion are really a pain. Any personality they may have once had is nullified.<p>HH, the good news is you will never be able to accuse her of an EA - she's incapable of it.

B
B
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Carolina Belle:
<strong>...And I have only seen this look when going out to clubs - I've never actually seen it on the street (maybe in CA).</strong><hr></blockquote><p>NNNNNOPE! At least not in the streets of sunny CA where *I* subsist... But yeah I'm sure in nightclubs & on beaches (without the jeans!), no doubt.<p>Hurrian, one of the toughest things in marriage I had to fix my mouth to say is "Yes Dear!" & with a smile! Had I learned this early on, it would have saved us dozens of arguments.<p>I still need a lot of help. Maybe your wife is going through what I went through (being overly independent and disrespectful of my H). Whatever you do, don't change. You're so kind and yielding, even when you know better. She thinks she pulls one over on you, but she doesn't. You'll get through this. Keep the faith!

H
OP Offline
H
Thanks so much for all of your attention; I definately feel more loved and appreciated! <p>I'm trying to stay in the "detach" mode -- not feeling left out or abused, although there was one little thing that happened this morning where I made the mistake of asking my DW if I should do something and she responded with a resounding, "Absolutely Not!" As it turned out I was on the phone & it was ringing the party to which I wanted to make some arrangement with. I was making plans to leave something out by our garrage door, (completely shielded from view from the street & we have never had any problems with vandalism or theft in the past 16 years) for the handy man who had been doing things or working on our house. When I talked with him about my idea, He had absolutely no problem with it!<p>Resilent -- thanks for defination of "Crop Top" -- she has not worn anything like that -- not yet at least. Her tops come down to just touch the pants -- only reviels waist, hips when she lefts arms or bends over to get things out of boxes, which is what she does a lot of at her work. Occasionally, top will ride up to show some waist -- but definatley not a crop top -- she may be conservative by these standards -- Anglingananswer -- you have hit the nail on the head -- she does not only try to dress like a teenager, but her self-centered attitude & need for attention is like one as well -- but hey, I'm not perfect either! I'm hoping some day one of her good friends might level with her, but I doubt if that will happen.
Olderandwiser -- your name tag speaks well for your wisdom! The EA does seem improbable -- have you been following my story? Brought me a smile! [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img]
BINthere, I'm trying to stay the course. She is working at this convention center in setting up displays. It's on the other side of town, a place different than where she normally works -- it's a special job -- She is of course is very vague about when she'll be home. Yesterday afternoon I made the mistake of asking her when she was coming home -- In reflecting back, I'm sure I sounded fairly weak & needy. She said she did not know, that the place was open until midnight. She got home around 9:30 PM.
In speaking with her a few moments ago (12:30 PM EST) I was supportive with her and more confident & asked in a very casual tone if she was going to work late again tonight & she said, "Oh, yes" but of cousre, as normal never any specific target time or anything close to it. I said no more -- just an "OK" kind of thing -- I don't believe there was any judgemental tone in my voice!<p>But I'm not going to worry about it -- I'm going to chill out!
<p>Take care to all & hope all the best weekend!
Peace,
HH

G
G
HH, Wow, today's post is the most positive I have heard from you! Keep taking good care of yourself and back off with her, it seems to be working. Have a great weekend. Ladysing [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 777 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation