Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
C
C
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Rose Red:
<strong>I looked at the Valentine's Cards today</strong><hr></blockquote><p>OMG, Rose, you are a braver woman than I!!! I was in Target yesterday and suddenly noticed all the Valentine stuff. I got out of there as fast as I could, cursing Valentine's Day all the way. I had totally forgotten about it and thought, What on EARTH am I going to do about V's Day and WHY does it have to happen while I'm so resentful in Plan A?!!!! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif" border="0[/img] And I didn't dare venture into the card aisles lest I toss my cookies all over them!<p>All I can think of is, "Never mind." or "Whatever." [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif" border="0[/img] I don't know if I'll even be able to stomach doing ANYTHING for him for V's day. It will be interesting to see what he does, though. I don't think he did anything for me last year--in full A mode then. [img]images/icons/frown.gif" border="0[/img] <p>During the Holidays, he dumped everything on me, saying, I'm just not into it this year. Maybe I should give him a V with that line. [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img]

A
A
Rose & Jo, I'm glad I could make you laugh [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] that's what happens when I can't concentrate at work! Thanks for the topic Rose, I was checking out sites for V-day ideas yesterday and was having a hard time finding stuff since She is in her own house and I dont have keys and dont really know how far I can show affection bc she isnt ready for it. any ideas? Maybe that should be another thread? thanks!

G
G
I, too, have a difficult time picking out the right card for my hubby no matter what the occassion. For Valentine's Day, I chose the following: For My Husband...my friend, my love.
For me, there is only one smile, one voice, one touch, one joy, one love...For me, there is only you. Happy Valentine's Day I Love You.<p>This does express how I love him but does not express how I do not like him......LOL! For that I'd need a card that said:<p>For My Husband....<blank>

M
M
Hey Gang,<p>Yep, it's time for a fun post again. You know I am kidding and would **never** really send these to my XW.<p>"Looking back over the years that we've been married, I can't help but wonder... What the hell was I thinking?"<p>"I've always wanted to have someone to hold, someone to love. After having married you, I've changed my mind."<p>"I must admit, you brought Religion in my life. I never believed in Hell..'til I met you."<p>"As the days go by, I think of how lucky and happy I am that you're not here to ruin it for me."<p>"Thanks for being a part of my life!!! I never knew what evil was before this!"<p>"Someday I hope to get remarried, but not to you."<p>"Happy Birthday! You look great for your age... Almost Lifelike and human!<p>"When we were together, you always said you'd die for me. Now that we've divorced, I think it's time you kept your promise."<p>"I knew the day would come when you would leave me for my best friend. So here's his leash, water bowl and chew toys."<p>"We have been friends for a very long time, what do you say we call it quits."<p>"Ever since the day you left me, I've been so miserable, my dear. I feel almost as bad as I did when you were still here."<p>"You were such a good wife that if we were on a sinking ship and there was only one life jacket ....I'd miss you terribly and think of you often."<p>"Your friends and I wanted to do something special for your birthday so we're having you put to sleep."<p>I hope no one is offened, I'm just in a goofy mood tonight. <p>Wishing us all the Best,<p>Zippy the Pinhead

R
R
Yes, Medic! YES! You ROCK! <p>That was great ... thanks!<p>Here's one .....<p>"I love you so much I'd kill myself, but then I'd probably go to hell, and that, my love, would then be redundant"<p>[ January 18, 2002: Message edited by: Resilient ]</p>

R
OP Offline
R
Wow!! Medic, I think you'd better send Hallmark your resume!<p>GeezLouise, you are a right there with that card. I would be terribly tempted to underline the word "me" in the sentance "For me there is only you..." In other words, for you there are bimbos around every corner, but for me there is only you. And you're right: I love my husband somewhat again, but I don't really like him.<p>Resilient, you romantic thing, you! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Rose Red

G
G
Rose, Your responses are killing me! We must have been seperated at birth! I love my husband too, (or why would I put up with this!) but I still don't really like him either... [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img]

N
N
read these yesterday and laughed so hard. i told a friend and she probably thinks im nuts for finding humor in all this!
anyway here goes-<p>
roses are red
violets are blue
i wish you would die
and your other woman too!!<p>sorry- im still in the hurt and angry stages at times!!!!!

W
W
Zippy, you are SICK! Love it, man.<p>I'm gonna try to come up with some verse that uses the following words and phrases:<p>liar, cheat, moose brain worms, mothership, just friends, Econo Lodge, cell phone<p>Give me until V-day, OK?<p>As I read some of the posts above, I was reminded of one of my favorite country song lyrics: "My wife ran off with my best friend and I miss him."<p>WAT

F
F
"Roses are red
Violets are blue
Only a schmuck
Would stay married to you."

R
R
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by diddallas:
<strong>"Roses are red
Violets are blue
Only a schmuck
Would stay married to you."</strong><hr></blockquote><p>lololololololol ....

R
R
To x-H:<p>"Roses are Red
Violets are Blue
OW is an Infidel
and so are you"

E
E
You've been my friend and my lover for years and for years
In good times and bad we've shared laughter and tears.
Now I don't understand so I'll ask and be crass.
Is it worth dumping me for a new piece of a**<p>(Sorry if I offend anyone's sensibilities) [img]images/icons/blush.gif" border="0[/img] )

R
R
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Elad:
<strong>You've been my friend and my lover for years and for years
In good times and bad we've shared laughter and tears.
Now I don't understand so I'll ask and be crass.
Is it worth dumping me for a new piece of a**<p>(Sorry if I offend anyone's sensibilities) [img]images/icons/blush.gif" border="0[/img] )</strong><hr></blockquote><p>
You WIN!!!! I swear, that was soooo funny. Good job, Elad.<p>Jo

A
A
my humble contribution.<p>
Soon our divorce will be final my dear
I'm now left with only one lingering fear
You can be your own man now - you don't have to be phony
But just don't be late with my **** alimony!<p>(hey, you try to rhyme alimony guys )<p>allison

R
R
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by az allison:
]my humble contribution.<p>
Soon our divorce will be final my dear
I'm now left with only one lingering fear
You can be your own man now - you don't have to be phony
But just don't be late with my **** alimony!<p>(hey, you try to rhyme alimony guys )<hr></blockquote><p>Love it, love it ....<p>but errr, hows about "ALI's Mony" [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif" border="0[/img]

R
OP Offline
R
[img]images/icons/shocked.gif" border="0[/img] The talent on this board boggles the mind! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif" border="0[/img] Way to go Elad and allison!!<p>Rose Red

W
W
Elad - you are friggin' hilarious.<p>Can you help me come up with a word that rhymes with "Econo Lodge"?<p>WAT

R
R
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by worthatry:
<strong>Elad - you are friggin' hilarious.<p>Can you help me come up with a word that rhymes with "Econo Lodge"?<p>WAT</strong><hr></blockquote><p>YO WAT ... I sent you an email response, did ya get it???<p>Jo

W
W
Hi Jo - thanks, but no, I didn't get it other than your automated response that had what looked like alien hyroglyphs that I couldn't understand. I was so devastated that I came home and had a beer, thinking YOU'D been abducted!!<p>I also need a word/phrase that rhymes with "liar" other than "pants on fire".<p>WAT

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 676 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation