Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
W
W
Dear Lora - I have no direct experience with this sort of situation, but I suggest you continue plan A until he makes the decision to leave, then immediately Plan B, although you won't be releasing him to OW to meet his needs - you'll be releasing him to a huge void, perhaps.<p>Regardless, you'll be releasing yourself to think and plan without the constant distraction of trying to be perfect.<p>Good luck.<p>WAT

T
T
Lora,<p>You did great.<p>I would have felt like screaming my head off too. He sounds like he is swallowed up in his own self-pity of some kind, and you handled yourself really really well.<p>You said
>>
So you think I should go to plan B huh? I am not sure why I am so resistant to that. I feel like I should work on detaching first for some reason. Maybe I will write a letter and set a date and continue with the detaching in the meantime. I think no more plan A as far as meeting his needs is really called for...dont you think 21/2 years is really enough?
>><p>It sounds to me that you know what you want to do next. Nobody should do Plan B unless you want to, or unless your love bank is so empty that you would end up hating him if you didn't do Plan B. I think it is good that you know what you are comfortable with and what you not comfortable with at this point in your journey.<p>I am no expert by any means, but I sort of see Last Resort Technique (including detaching) as the middle way between Plan A and Plan B. I think you were planning to do that anyway before you found out about the radio station email.<p>Tammy

O
O
Hi Lora,<p>How are you doing? [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] <p>L.

L
Lora Offline OP
OP Offline
L
WAT,
Thanks for the logical advice that I somehow missed, wait and go to plan B once he moves out. Unfortunatly, I had to kick him out the last ime, I wonder if he will make a move on his own. <p>Tammy,
Yes, I will begin this weekend with some 180s to give him a little something to think about.<p>Orchid,
Thanks for asking. I am a lot better today. I havent seen him due to work scheduals so have had some time to regroup and calm down. I am still shocked he didnt move into the toehr bedroom. I cant deceide if I want to ask him to move or not.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 374 guests, and 59 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation