Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
O
O
My favorite movie is "Shrek". I hadn't laughed in a long long time and when I saw that movie it was like Hoover Dam broke. I bet I've seen it at least 20 times. "In the mornin'... I'm makin' WAFFLES!"<p>Next on my list is "The Princess Bride". It made me laugh too. This was my favorite movie for years and years, until Shrek came out. lol<p>Others that I really enjoyed:<p>"Undercover Blues"
"A River Runs Through It"
"The Twelve Chairs"
"Young Frankenstein"
"Good Will Hunting"
"Roxanne"
"The Firm"
"The Client"
"The Pelican Brief"
"My Best Friend's Wedding"<p>Ok, that's probably enuf. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Oh yeah, I liked Shawshank Redemption too.<p>[ March 22, 2002: Message edited by: o2bsane ]</p>

S
S
Dr Zhivago...something about all that pathos, and the heights and depths of human behaviour all wrapped up together, don't watch it much, makes me tear up and the kids laugh at me.<p>Contact... jodie foster is a terrific actress, and the scope and hope of the movie really gets to me, I especially like that the little dreamer was a little girl.<p>And yeah, I do like the star wars stuff.

M
M
My favorite movies are: <p>Schindler's List<p>Glory w/Denzel Washington<p>Dennis the Menace<p>Chevy Chase's Christmas Vacation<p>Gone with the Wind<p>
I have to add that I RARELY watch movies because I can't sit there that long!

L
L
Bramblerose, 13th Warrior is great, but The Mask of Zorro was fabulous!! I've watched that one several times! I never really liked Antonio much before that one, right now I'm tuned into Spy Kids. Others movies that I love are<p>Sound of Music
Seven Brides for Seven Brothers
The King and I
Disney's Mulan (she rocks!)
The Full Monty (had to buy a 2nd copy, the dogs ate the first one!)
Independence Day
and my all time favourite The Rocky Horror Picture Show!!
[img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img]

B
B
From when my aunt took me to see it when it first came out: Sound of Music. I've probably watched it 25 times.<p>Don't laugh too hard, but the movie I have watched second most often is: GREASE<p>And I like almost anything with Goldie Hawn. And Star Wars. And The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. <p>I used to like "Stepmom." But now it makes me ill.

L
L
luvmydogs.........gotta love Rocky Horror..... [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img] I let my kids watch it way too early.......8 maybe [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif" border="0[/img] <p>but the music was soooooooooo good....and hey, they started with Monty Python when they were 5...... the lumberjack, y'know....... ok, I am messed [img]images/icons/tongue.gif" border="0[/img]

F
F
bramblerose and luvmydogs,
you gotta rent "Original Sin" with Antonio Banderas and Angelina Jolie...it is like the tawdriest, trashy romance but man, he gets some kinda nekkid in it and it is very sensual. Lots of lovin'. And I must admit the thought of having a man that would do ANYTHING to be with me no matter how bad I was, is intriguing.<p>My all time fave is GWTW...I love that Katie Scarlett O'Hara---she goes after what she needs and anybody who gets in her way better watch out! And she is such a survivor and eternal optimist (ok, she's a bit foggy, too!) and I love her!

L
L
Lyndy, my DD also loves Rocky Horror, although I think she may have been a bit older than 8 when she first saw it. Her friends always used to get grossed out when we talked about Tim Currie in his "outfit", but we both thought he was pretty hot. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif" border="0[/img] I remember seeing it in the theatre when it first came out, more than 25 years ago, who knew it would become such a cult!<p>Diddallas, thanks, I'll have to look for that one! It's got nothing to do with the "nekkid" part, he's really a good actor. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img]

G
G
My alltime favorite movie (and novel) is Gone with the Wind<p>My next favorite movie is The Big Easy with Dennis Quaid and Ellen Barkin<p>....then, my fav third/fourth ranked movies are:City of Angels and ConAir starring Nicholas Cage.....hmmmm.....my heart throb.<p>Then, there are the rest.......<p>BTW, I absolutely hate to have to edit my poor grammer and spelling errors.....GRRRRRRRR. Duh!<p>[ March 22, 2002: Message edited by: GeezLouise ]</p>

D
D
Well a few that I really like are :
Resurrection with Ellyn Burstyn
Being There with Peter Sellers
Tender Mercies with Rodert Duvall<p>I also really like "The Wizard of Oz" and it's taken on a whole new meaning to me in recovery.
David

F
F
Amadeus. Because of...well Mozart. The way he was protrayed, his music and the way the fim entwined love, passion, hate, envy, tragedy and deciet all together.

T
T
Hmmm.. my favourite movie of all time would HAVE to be:<p>THE WIZARD OF OZ<p>I am an ADDICT!!! Thank you davidb, for FINALLY mentioning it. [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] So.. many entries for Gone With the Wind (I love it too - but as usual, preferred the book). Did you all realize that GWTW and WofOZ were made in the same year? GWTH got best picture, but WofOZ got best song. Can you guess what that song was? LOL<p>Okay... my reasons for the Wizard of Oz being my favourite movie of all time is because every time I watch it, there is always something new that I see in it. I've even got the collectors edition (which includes the screenplay), all 8 bradford exchange musical plates, some pics and posters, and most of the Hallmark Keepsake ornaments (I didn't get this years' Witch and the big glass ball with the monkey).<p>I'll shut up now. [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] I just REALLY love the Wizard of Oz!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Karen

S
S
Hi, Jo~<p>Okay...okay....okayokayokay! I just have to say this because I have seen this movie repeated over and over on this thread. (please, no offense to anyone).....<p>But I absolutely and positively HATE the movie.....The Sound of Music. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Is there something wrong with me?<p>Call me wierd and strap me into a straight jacket if y'all want to because that's exactly what I feel like when I hear that movie playing....."So long....farewell...it's time to say good-niIIIIght......da da dadadadadada.....(and then it gets to this part and I just want someone to rip my spinal cord out, this part...)...."And Yu and yu and yuuUUU"' (not YOU capital U but yu as in yuck" and then..."Cu-koo...cu-koo"........ARGH, I'm having the heebie-jeebies right now! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Now, I will admit, it probably has to do with the fact that I never got to see the movie when I was a kid (if you haven't guessed there was alot missing in my childhood).<p>Is there anyone out there who cannot stand The Sound of Music????? (please tell me I'm not the only one and I'm not missing a vital part of being human)<p>Okay, here is the list of my favorite movies. (couldn't pick just one)<p>1. War of the Roses.
I laugh my brains out every time I watch it. You know, sometimes you just "wanna smash" someone's "face in". CLASSIC! I see my hubby and me sooooo much in that movie. We don't have a chandelier nor a sauna...thank Goodness!!!!<p>2. The Green Mile.
I just love the story. The actors did so well, it's like watching the real thing as it happens.<p>3. Braveheart.
There's sumthin about a bare-butt man (Mel Gibson to be exact) running around in a kilt kicking a whole country's booty over principles (and the woman he loves)!<p>4. Thelma and Louise.
Can you say Girl Power????<p>5. Rush Hour.
Because it's funny. "Can you understand the words that are coming out of my mouf?" and "that's ciga-weed!"<p>6. The Last of the Mohicans
I love the music and scenery. The story ain't bad, either.<p>7. Shawshank Redemption
Stephen Kings spins great ones.<p>8. Best In Show
Again, I laughed my brains out. No one else I know likes it.<p>selket

R
OP Offline
R
You all are reminding me of so many more movies I love.<p>
  • A River runs through it - O2BS, very good movie!
  • Wizard of OZ - Classic
  • Shrek - it was the first movie where I really laughed until my tummy hurt since D-day
  • Schindler's List
  • The Perfect Storm
  • Christmas Vacation - Chevy Chase is a crack up, I have a wad of Christmas lights like his in my garage too
  • Aliens - The Trilogy
<p>How many more????<p>[ March 22, 2002: Message edited by: Resilient ]</p>

R
OP Offline
R
Faith-n-Hope,<p>I loved Amadeus, my x-H is a musician, so I could really relate.<p>Jo

R
OP Offline
R
Seltec,<p>Sorry, but I liked The Sound of music too. <p>Braveheart was so good. Love the winning underdog movies.<p>And the Green Mile was very cool.<p>Best to you Seltec .... [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]
Jo

G
G
Oh selket...
I'm not offended, but The Sound of Music is my absolute favorite! I was laughing out loud at your description of the lyrics, I grew up singing them "ad nauseum" to my family and usually was sent to my room when no one could stand to listen any longer. Well, now i'm a music teacher and choir director and could sing them all day... [img]images/icons/shocked.gif" border="0[/img] Don't worry, I grew out of it.<p>Did anyone see Somewhere in Time with Christopher Reeve and Jane Seymore? It was the most romantic, beautiful and touching movie I have ever seen. (got totally ripped by the critics) It probably came out 15 years ago when I was still naive about true love... [img]images/icons/confused.gif" border="0[/img] <p>On the opposite end of the spectrum, I loved True Lies, so funny! [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img]

G
G
Hey selket,
I read your reply again, I laughed my brains out at Best in Show also! I know what you mean though, most people didn't think it was funny. And I thought that I was a fanatic about my dogs!

L
L
Oh Selket, you blasphemer you!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] <p>But you did redeem yourself, Mel Gibson, gotta love that man! I think I've enjoyed every movie I've seen with him in it, especially Braveheart and The Patriot. [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img] <p>I haven't seen Best in Show yet, does it have a beagle in it? Cats and Dogs was a stupid movie, but it did have a beagle in it, it's one redeeming quality. [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]

Resilient: "Jodie Foster's a tremendous actor."<p>Cute as a bug, too! ...well, cuter, actually.<p>I can't name a particular favorite, there are so many.<p>Got "O Brother, where art thou?" for Xmas, and really like that one. <p>An all-time favorite of mine is "Groundhog day." <p>For seriousity, I remember "Ironweed" really well. Amazingly powerful film. <p>And of recent serious films, I really liked "Beautiful Mind," and not just because I'm a Jennifer Connelly fan! Fascinating treatment of a difficult subject, and the way Russell Crowe's character changes from the viewer's perspective well into the story was very well done - I hadn't heard much about it and so was almost shocked to see what was "really" going on the whole time.<p>I really like Sci-Fi, but most movies claiming to be Sci-Fi are actually thrillers or horror films. Not the same thing.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 507 guests, and 76 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation