Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
J
Sounds like quite an ordeal. Why the quick involvement with CPS if I may ask? I've poisoned the kids a couple of times, and nobody blinked an eye.<p>Elizabeth

H
H
well... since you asked [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] Remember I was visiting.... well 3 days before I got there the baby had gotten into some dimatapp and went to the same hospital, that I took him too. Soooo same doctors, nurses, staff maybe??? The figured 2 incidents in a 4 day period was a little much.<p>All is well now.. but thanks for asking.

J
J
Gotcha. <p>I was thinking as I was taking [censored] to the doctor and running my errands that I should have told you I was just asking quick because I was on my way out. I don't want you to feel like I was prying or being icky, I was just concerned and worried. I didn't mean to be brisk.<p>Our poisonings have always had some space between them, and I bet that the 2 so close did toss up red flags to the ER staff. They do keep records of that stuff I know. <p>When Chris was 3 I opened the brand new orange triaminic and gave him his dose, because those shotter things stick together if you don't rinse them I quick rinsed, and heard MMMMMMm yummy mom.
He drank the whole dang bottle.<p>When Chris was 4 he ate a handful of those green shoot, the cold pills that are green and look like m&m's. <p>When Amanda was almost 2 she ate a bottle of baby tylenol.<p>When Amanda was 2 at my Mom's house she was found chewing on one of those treatment tablets for the hot tub.<p>When Amanda was 3 [censored] didn't put the top on his blood pressure meds, and she ate them. That was the scary one. Ambulance and all. They had to do the activated charcol thing and she had to stay in the hospital. It was really scary.<p>Anyway, I am completely paranoid about that stuff now, took me long enough right?! We have locks on all the cabinets, medicine is kept where I have to climb on a chair to get it, and the ER docs read my folks the riot act so they are just as careful - if not more - than I am.<p>I'm so sorry you had to deal with CPS. I know what it's like, and it can be so frightening. I did home day care, and one morning I had to tell a mom that I wouldn't watch her child anymore. The child had a heart condition, and the mother kept forgetting to bring the meds for me to give and I had warned her a million times... She was only 17, and I was just so afraid that the baby would get sicker while in my care....<p>The mom got really angry, and called our CPS - they call it DCFS (department of childern and family services). We were in the middle of renovating our old dutch colonial (beautiful home) and needless to say there was remodel stuff all over the place. I had the lunch dishes in the sink, and the woman who came to investigate was angry about that (um, it was only 2pm). Another thing that bothered the lady was that we were homeschooling. She said she was leaving and coming back with another investigator, so I got the kids together and got the heck out of there. I went to my mom's in Chicago, we were in Milwaukee, and called Dad who is a lawyer. I didn't go home till it was all straightened out. <p>Anyway, sorry to have seemed short with you, we poison our kids on a regular basis, and the CPS stuff is horrid.<p>I am keeping you guys on my little list, Chris is getting his First Communion on Sunday, so I'll have him pray for you too. He is one holy little dude.<p>Elizabeth

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 572 guests, and 59 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Comfortable Shoe, Sourdine, Abela Laye, Ardent Center, Lost@1969
71,846 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation