Marriage Builders
Posted By: kdsheartbreak OW Reminder - 01/19/06 04:05 PM
My fwh and I were visiting with MIL and another resident's daughter at her facility.

Other resident's daughter, who is a regular who visits her mother at least twice a day for the past four years walked up to fwh and I in the dining room and showed us a picture, asking us if the woman in it reminded us of a current employee here.

Guess who the picture was of?

Rat Fink, Tina, AKA ow, with a former resident who has since passed away. Apparently this picture was taken a few years back when she worked there.

Mary Lou, the resident's daughter stuck the picture in front of both fwh and my face.

I mumbled something, and fwh replied he knew the resident's family, but said nothing about "Tina" ow.

FWH kept glancing over at me, and trying to engage me with different questions, concerned for my feelings I might be experiencing.

I didn't say too much, and we never brought it up again, but fwh was very attentive to me the rest of the night.
Posted By: moveforward Re: OW Reminder - 01/19/06 04:09 PM
(((KD)))
Hate those triggers. Hate thinking about her.

I'm glad he was attentive. Accept it and appreciate it.
Posted By: kdsheartbreak Re: OW Reminder - 01/19/06 04:40 PM
Thank you, moveforward for responding.

I knew eventually we would have these occassions pop up, we live in a small town so this was inevitable.

One positive thing was the fact that now we know that the news of the affair did not travel to this facility since ow is friends with the activities director at mil's current facility and used to work here.

We were concerned about this. I know fws is totally humiliated by the knowledge that his affair was well known at the ow facility and we both feared the gossip would travel to the new facility, you know how people like to gossip.

The only thing we have to be concerned about is running into ow at different outings where multiple facilities attend.

(Such as our encounter meeting at the Pumpkin Patch this last October.)

And, yes, I was very greatful that my fws was showing concern and care for my feelings.
Posted By: Jean36 Re: OW Reminder - 01/19/06 04:41 PM
Good to 'see' you KDS. Sorry to hear about the trigger but it sounds like you and your H are doing OK. Glad to hear that!
Posted By: kdsheartbreak Re: OW Reminder - 01/19/06 04:47 PM
Hi Jean,
Boy it has been awhile since I have heard from you. Thanks for replying.
Fws and I are doing well, most of the time.

You know those rollercoaster rides, one minute everything is looking bad and the next its up.

How are you doing now?
Posted By: Jean36 Re: OW Reminder - 01/19/06 04:54 PM
I am OK, it looks like we are divorcing. He is still very waywardy and being a jacka$$ in general. But me and the kids are doing OK.
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums