Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1567817 01/19/06 11:05 AM
K
OP Offline
K
My fwh and I were visiting with MIL and another resident's daughter at her facility.

Other resident's daughter, who is a regular who visits her mother at least twice a day for the past four years walked up to fwh and I in the dining room and showed us a picture, asking us if the woman in it reminded us of a current employee here.

Guess who the picture was of?

Rat Fink, Tina, AKA ow, with a former resident who has since passed away. Apparently this picture was taken a few years back when she worked there.

Mary Lou, the resident's daughter stuck the picture in front of both fwh and my face.

I mumbled something, and fwh replied he knew the resident's family, but said nothing about "Tina" ow.

FWH kept glancing over at me, and trying to engage me with different questions, concerned for my feelings I might be experiencing.

I didn't say too much, and we never brought it up again, but fwh was very attentive to me the rest of the night.

In the end, I have nothing to lose but everything to gain, by trying to save my marriage.

Me, betrayed wife 46
Former Wandering Husband, 51 E/A 2005
28 years of marriage
DD 26, DS 24
O/W aka, Rat 29, A-D Assisted Living
Discovery 8-20-05 Recovery ongoing.
M
M
(((KD)))
Hate those triggers. Hate thinking about her.

I'm glad he was attentive. Accept it and appreciate it.

K
OP Offline
K
Thank you, moveforward for responding.

I knew eventually we would have these occassions pop up, we live in a small town so this was inevitable.

One positive thing was the fact that now we know that the news of the affair did not travel to this facility since ow is friends with the activities director at mil's current facility and used to work here.

We were concerned about this. I know fws is totally humiliated by the knowledge that his affair was well known at the ow facility and we both feared the gossip would travel to the new facility, you know how people like to gossip.

The only thing we have to be concerned about is running into ow at different outings where multiple facilities attend.

(Such as our encounter meeting at the Pumpkin Patch this last October.)

And, yes, I was very greatful that my fws was showing concern and care for my feelings.

In the end, I have nothing to lose but everything to gain, by trying to save my marriage.

Me, betrayed wife 46
28 years of marriage
DD 26, DS 24
J
J
Good to 'see' you KDS. Sorry to hear about the trigger but it sounds like you and your H are doing OK. Glad to hear that!

Me-41 BS (FWS)
DH-41 WS (FBS)
2DD's- 10 and 12
Married 15 years
Separated for 2 years after my A
Reconciled for 1 year before his A
D-day for his A 8/23/05
WH moved out 9/16/05
Divorce final 1/23/07
Affair ended or month or so later
My Story
Jean36 #1567821 01/19/06 11:47 AM
K
OP Offline
K
Hi Jean,
Boy it has been awhile since I have heard from you. Thanks for replying.
Fws and I are doing well, most of the time.

You know those rollercoaster rides, one minute everything is looking bad and the next its up.

How are you doing now?

Me, betrayed wife 46
28 years of marriage
DD 26, DS 24
J
J
I am OK, it looks like we are divorcing. He is still very waywardy and being a jacka$$ in general. But me and the kids are doing OK.

Me-41 BS (FWS)
DH-41 WS (FBS)
2DD's- 10 and 12
Married 15 years
Separated for 2 years after my A
Reconciled for 1 year before his A
D-day for his A 8/23/05
WH moved out 9/16/05
Divorce final 1/23/07
Affair ended or month or so later
My Story

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 432 guests, and 66 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation