Marriage Builders
Hi, Before the Mods kick me off, I would like to have popular opinion on who wants me to leave MB and who wants me to stay on MB.

I will go with the greatest number of votes just like on American Idol.

Be honest, it wont hurt me. If I dont add anything (even some non-boring drama) to the board for you in your opinion, then vote for me to leave MB.

Thanks, I appreciate honesty. I really hate false "caring" and fakiness. Go ahead and be honest. I do not know if I am wanted or not wanted here and I surely dont want to be where i am not wanted by anyone.

If the vote is a tie we will have a tiebreaker!
I say stay. I don't always agree with individual posts, but it's up to me to take and leave what I see fit.

And btw, I've not read anything from you that I find terribly objectionable.
I'll jump in even though I don't really know you and have absolutely no opinion about you. I've just recently seen some areas where you have been bantering with some of my "faves" (e.g. FH).

You could have been the very thing that many people have needed at the time they needed it. Give yourself credit for that.

And statistically....(not that this really matters either)

5,117 posts since 2005 =
1,705 posts each year
142 posts per month
average 5 posts a day

Maybe you need to give yourself a break for awhile! smile

Said with love (truly!)
Confession: I am a secret STELLAKAT fan. I love unique, truly "authentic" people and Stella is most certainly unique and authentic! laugh

p.s. Stella, it looks like the mods had no intention of booting you or taking you the woodshed from the sounds of cooper's latest post. Guess we are stuck with ya, hunny! laugh
Originally Posted by Stellakat
Hi, Before the Mods kick me off, I would like to have popular opinion on who wants me to leave MB and who wants me to stay on MB.

I will go with the greatest number of votes just like on American Idol.

Be honest, it wont hurt me. If I dont add anything (even some non-boring drama) to the board for you in your opinion, then vote for me to leave MB.

Thanks, I appreciate honesty. I really hate false "caring" and fakiness. Go ahead and be honest. I do not know if I am wanted or not wanted here and I surely dont want to be where i am not wanted by anyone.

If the vote is a tie we will have a tiebreaker!

Can I vote?

smile
I hear ya both. Want to here the verdict with the mods?

NOTHING!

The mod said they had answered thier own question and that was it. No encouragement no discouragement. I feel certain they just wanted my e-mail address for some reason...

1. Advertising
2. To talk to me if I present a problem here
3. Just to have it.

Who knows. There was nothing said and I would like to know why I was asked to e-mail them. I responded and asked why but no answer yet.
Please vote, YES! Mods are people too!!!!
I was looking forward to a little lashing at least......
Stay! As a PRINCESS, I get to have a vote - or two or more if need be. I say STAY!!!!
Stella,

clearly you have been here for quite a while and have most likely helped many people in the process.

I believe that any advice, no matter how harsh it may appear to some, as long as it is intended to help not hurt, should be welcomed. Often a 2x4 is the only appropriate measure. God knows I've needed them a time or twelve...

We are all adults here, and can only glean what we can from each post in our own way. What may be trite and offensive for one may be a breakthrough opinion for another. We can only judge for ourselves. Someone wiser than me has said "take what you need, leave the rest"...

Or as Jerry Garcia sang, "One man gathers what another man spills." RIP, Jerry...

With that I say stay, that I and others may continue to take what we need.

Peace to all,
TTH
I was looking forward to a little lashing at least......

Wrong forum. ****edit****
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

HEH,HEH!!!
I am surprised that all of you do not completely hate me. Last nite was difficult. I guess just some hate me not all.

I HAVE JUST PUT MYSELF ON A SIX POST A DAY DIET! IN THE NEXT FEW WEEKS I WILL TRY AND REDUCE THAT TO 3 POSTS A DAY AND GO DOWN FROM THERE! I CAN DO THIS!!!!

(Have a good day, all, I had nightmares again from FH but it was not like I did not contribute to my own nightmare)
This voting will be open 8AM to 8PM CST for one week! You can TXT or E-Mail your votes but posting is best....
Hey, we all have bad days. After all, we wouldn't be here if life was perfect.
Stick around Stellar,

Having bad days is how we learn and grow, not only as a person, but as a community.

I wouldn't dare put my forum participation to a vote.
I'd lose in a New York minute laugh laugh

All blessings,
Jerry

ps; I might get booted for spelling! mad
I vote stay! I actually agree with you quite often. Perhaps I should post that but I don't see the point in making a thread longer just to say "I agree".
stay.

reading your posts can offer comic release for the masses! wink
Stay! smile
Stay.

I can't be the only abrasive person on the board.
Stay.

This modern world, where we tiptoe around each other for fear of upsetting someone's delicate nature is all hogwash. We're all turning into a bunch of prima donnas from not having to face reality and having everything sugar-coated. At least you get people to look at themselves more honestly.

Which is why we're all here, right?
Stay.

I once likened the harshness of some of the posts here to a cat's tongue...they lick you roughly every once in awhile, but because of its infrequency, you know it's done with love.

HTM
IMO You're judgmental, reactionary, irreverent and inconsistent.

Disappear ? We should PAY you to stay !!

Long may you continue to shoot from the lip.

Stay.
Of course you should STAY...you, attention-lover, you... cool
(Have a good day, all, I had nightmares again from FH but it was not like I did not contribute to my own nightmare)

Oh for cryin' out loud, Stella. What is it with you that you want to either give me such "power" over you or you like to be the "victim" and think people hate you?

I am surprised that all of you do not completely hate me. Last nite was difficult. I guess just some hate me not all.

I won't speak for anyone else but myself, Stella. FOR THE RECORD....I do not now, nor have I ever hated you.

I HAVE disagreed on several occasions with your opinions and your "advice" to posters, and I'm telling you Stella, between what you posted last July/August to your latest "advice" to TTH, you DO appear to have a fixation of some sort regaring "kick him/her to the curb and don't try to recover your marriage," at least when you seem to get into one of your "moods." Other times you do a very good job of trying to help some other members (yes, though I don't post on EN anymore, I do occasionally read some threads on that forum).

I'm not going to rehash that, but if you DON'T have that mindset, then SOMETHING triggers you to rip off a post of that "kick him/her to curb" advice. If it's PMS or some other "trigger," I really don't care, but I WOULD try to suggest that when those sorts of feelings hit, you may want to consider refraining from posting until the "Mood" passes. Or if it helps, or is even "therapeutic," write the post in Word and don't post it until you can review it when not so "in that mood." If it still makes sense, then post it. If not, consign it to the trash can.

There have been LOTS of times people have disagreed with something I have said (written). With the possible exception of one member, I can't think of anyone that I though "hated" me. "Strong disagreement" with a post is not hatred, it's disagreement with an idea. Shoot, I've even been called a Racist...how's that for a "personal attack." But I don't think the person who said that "hates" me. We have a difference of opinion over the subject (related to the current political race). That's the nature of life, there is seldom 100% agreement on everything and discussion and debate follow the "proferring of opinions."

It IS NOT "personal," (okay, being called a racist IS a tad personal) but it is related to the IDEA, the OPINION, that someone puts forth. It is NOT based in any "hatred" for anyone.

This idea (victimization) that some people "hate" you is just flat out wrong. But I also know that none of us is responsible for how someone else perceives things, so I understand that may be how you FEEL. But you also know what they say about "feelings..."

So my "vote" is for you stay on the system and try to help where you can and to refrain from posting where you don't think you can offer positive input or really aren't interested in a given thread or topic.

I HAVE JUST PUT MYSELF ON A SIX POST A DAY DIET! IN THE NEXT FEW WEEKS I WILL TRY AND REDUCE THAT TO 3 POSTS A DAY AND GO DOWN FROM THERE! I CAN DO THIS!!!!

Just a word of caution. When you begin to change a habit, be sure to replace the "found time" with something else that is positive in your life, something you like to do, some "new habit" that replaces the old one you are trying to change.

Blessings of peace to you Stella.

Never mind...
I believe that any advice, no matter how harsh it may appear to some, as long as it is intended to help and not hurt, should be welcomed.

I have no opinion on to stay or not to stay, even if that is the question. I don't have enough knowledge about StellaKat to even chance an opinion, having only "met" her through her posts last night. I will say this, though: What she said could not be, by the wildest stretch of the most fervid and hyperactive imagination on this planet, be ever interpreted as anything but a calculated, deliberate insult. Its harsh rhetoric had no possibility whatsoever of helping, and MUST have been understood by the writer to be a label that would hurt a lot. If there is an apology to be made to anyone anywhere, it should be to the unfortunate WS who was so cavalierly labeled, her species altered, and her current circumstances mocked. Even by the above-quoted StellaKat supporter's standards, what was said could not be "welcomed", to put it mildly.
Oh please. She says what many of are thinking and are too afraid to post.

I kept my opinion of the situation to myself as he left OM still breathing.
I am UDDERLY sorry I used the word COWLIKE to describe that guy's cheater wife. But look at why:

1. The wife deliberately had sex with a man outside the marriage, and probably many times, she could not control herself very well. Cows have no control over which "steer" mounts them. They just "go with it".

2. The wife was too ignorant (or something) to use proper birth control. Cows cannot use birth control either. They either get pregnant or they do not.

3. I have nothing against cows. They cannot help themselves. I really like most cows. But humans should not behave as cows, we are supposed to be more responsible than that.

4. I do have anger against women or men that cheat and create new life due to thier irresponsibilty.
Pariah, I love " Cooking with Pariah" and I am very glad you are MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVING ON!

MOOOOOOOOOOO! To your ex wife!
Thank you all for not hating me. I am UDDERLY happy about it.

MOOOOOOOOO!
The wife LIKED it too.

ALOT, moreso than with her lawfully wedded husband.

I do believe stella was too easy on the WW>
I am UDDERLY sorry I used the word COWLIKE to describe that guy's cheater wife. But

In my opinion, this "apology" doesn't exactly reek sincerity. It does, however, reek. Of something.

Personally, I've LOVED the smell of a barn full of cows, ever since I was a little girl. I've got no objection to the smell of manure. REAL manure, I mean. But this "apology" just plain stinks.

And as far as "mounting" and impregnating go--steers have been castrated. You're really thinking "bull".
I think you often come across as a bit moooooody and you seem to be milking the attention. I find you very cowtroversial at times but I like you. I even wrote you a poem:

Ode to Stellakat

Yes not no
Please don't go
Don't you know
You're part of this show
We love you so
At least I doe.

LOL Stella, a lot of times you say what I merely think!

We are all unique, but you truly add a flavor no one else does, especially with your lists. Gotta love your lists. You give very down-to-earth advice and you try to shake ppl from their complacency. You've helped me.

To everyone: "Take what you need and leave the rest."

I'm glad you feel this is a safe place to come when you're in a bad place. It's good to know I can come here when I'm having a meltdown, too. Stay!
Originally Posted by Pariah
I do believe stella was too easy on the WW>

The WW was not the audience though, the BH was...the victim...the emotionally raw one...

The cow post on THIS thread would not be bothersome if it was GENERIC and not directed at a BH who is here in a lot of turmoil right now...If applied to waywards in general it is funny (to me)...Of course I think that Stella would need to apologize to the cows...grin

Calling adultery animalistic does not offend me...It is TRUE...It no more offends me than does MelodyLane's "rutting with pigs" analogy...

Mrs. W

Of the WW was serious, she'd be in the audience, and not be trying to placate her husband into support her trophy.
3. I have nothing against cows. They cannot help themselves. I really like most cows.

Especially with ketchup!

(apologies to vegetarians...)
Good Grief Stella - stay for goodness sake.
Stay
Why? Is there someone else's FWW that needs to be insulted? crazy

And how do you "diss a pear"? Do you say, "Yo mama is an apple!"? This thread makes me ill. I think I will disappear myself.
I vote stay.

But I wonder about those hundreds of folks that have you on ignore. How will they know to vote? LOL crazy

Love,
Jo

Stellaaaaa!
Well, I don't know WTH happened but please stay.

grin

(I think I can pretty much guess, though. LOL!)
I am UDDERLY sorry I used the word COWLIKE to describe that guy's cheater wife. But look at why:

1. The wife deliberately had sex with a man outside the marriage, and probably many times, she could not control herself very well. Cows have no control over which "steer" mounts them. They just "go with it".

2. The wife was too ignorant (or something) to use proper birth control. Cows cannot use birth control either. They either get pregnant or they do not.

3. I have nothing against cows. They cannot help themselves. I really like most cows. But humans should not behave as cows, we are supposed to be more responsible than that.

4. I do have anger against women or men that cheat and create new life due to thier irresponsibilty.

Okay Stella, now we know WHY you thought "entitled" to post what you did to someone...you "internalized" THEIR problem with your own feelings. You can't do that, Stella, and be a "Lifesytle Coach," or any other sort of advisor (such as on MB or to others who are struggling with the problems of life).

"1. The wife deliberately had sex with a man outside the marriage, and probably many times, she could not control herself very well. Cows have no control over which "steer" mounts them. They just "go with it"."

Yes, ALL Wayward Spouse CHOOSE to engage in adultery, whether it involves sex or not. But they, unlike your "cow" analogy, DO choose...because they are human beings and don't "have to" operate on emotional or biological impulses. They are responsible for their choices just as we all are responsible for our choices. It "demeans" a cow to give them responsibility for their actions that are inherent in BEING a cow (natural instinct) rather than being a human being with the free will ability to choose.

"2. The wife was too ignorant (or something) to use proper birth control. Cows cannot use birth control either. They either get pregnant or they do not."

"Ignorance" is not the reason. Selfishness is the reason and it goes "hand-in-hand" with the same selfishenss that "entitles" someone to engage in adultery. Again, cows don't "choose."

"3. I have nothing against cows. They cannot help themselves. I really like most cows. But humans should not behave as cows, we are supposed to be more responsible than that."

Yes, human beings ARE "supposed to be more responsible." But "supposed to be" is no different than your choice to post as you did to TTH and "rationalize" why you CHOSE to post in what, in my humble opinion, was a very irresponsible way to try to HELP TTH with his problem and in your post on another thread ADVOCATING that the husband TAKE his wife, and insist upon, and abortion as THE way to solve the "problem" of a child conceived through adultery.

It advocates, especially for believers in Christ Jesus and the sanctity of life, an "easy out" by using one sin (murder of an innocent child) to pay for the sins of the adults. "Thou shalt not commit adultery" and "Thou shalt not murder" are EQUAL commands from God, and neither one revolves around the "circumstances" that we face in our lives.

"4. I do have anger against women or men that cheat and create new life due to thier irresponsibilty."

So do I. So do most people. That's called "Righteous Anger." But the command from God when dealing with righteous anger about sin against God is "in your anger, do not use that anger as an excuse for yourself to then commit a sin or a sinful response."

And that, Stella is "anUDDER" opinion. You might want to "chew the cud" on that for a while and see if you want to swallow it and make it a part of you, or if you choose not to and want to continue letting your emotional responses control you.

Either way, the choice is yours.
But I wonder about those hundreds of folks that have you on ignore. How will they know to vote? LOL

Good point, Resilient. Being a little slow, it just "dawned on me" that Stella probably has me on "ignore user," so it's a gigantic waste of time for me to post anything to her since she can't read it anyway while ignoring ALL posts from anyone on "ignore."

Bob Pure - You cracked me up with your post! Nice wit!

Pariah - You only choose to post as you choose to post. We all do.

Never mind...

Mimi - I never did mind, I KNOW myself and your opinion didn't change that. It did change my opinion of you, but I doubt that changed your opinion of yourself either.

But since you seem to still be "convinced" of your opinion, let me ask you something:

90 to 95 percent of one ethnic group voting for Obama is what? Due to his vast experience? Due to his being the FURTHEST left of all Senators (left of Ted Kennedy, left of John Kerry, left of ALL others)? Due to his being better than Hillary or John McCain? Due to his 20 years of experience at the feet of Rev. Wright, his friendship with Ayers, his endorsement of the "race baiting views" of Father Phlager?

90-95% of ALL of the people is "most" if NOT "all." And that's a simple observation, not a "racist" statement.

That's not any different than saying that "most" of the world's people are against Christ. It's a true factual statement based on the data and not "just someone's opinion."

Stella,

You've been around these boards a lot longer than me. I can recall your previous posting name and your straight shooter posting style (which trumps anyone on this board) has not changed over the years. Don't change a thing. Stick around.

Many of the posters do not 'get you'. I have to admit, it took me a while. You don't pull any punches. Your ___ or get off the pot posts are often times a punch in the nose but they are a necessary contrast to many of the coddling and enabling posts that often times entrench a person in the very situation they are trying to resolve.

Usually, I could care less if a poster comes or goes. Heck, I'll hold the door for 'em. I believe the board would lose a valuable asset if you were to leave.

jmo

p.s. You do tend to let a poster get under your skin from time to time. That's on you. No one invades your dreams. You allow them to. Kick them to the curb! smile

oooo...FH brought up Obama! Everybody duck! Here come the edits. He's left of every politician...period. Babies beware!
OT to FH:

You changed my opinion of you, too..from what I know about you on this forum..and your current comments confirm that opinion.

As far as I'm concerned you are calling ME a RACIST. That's what I find to be most offensive...but that's alright..Despite your FACTUAL ACCOUNT, I know that I'm not and MOST people that I KNOW AND LOVE ARE NOT RACIST and I've lived a relatively long life of 53 years. That's all that matters to ME..not what you have said about MY PEOPLE.

What's TRUE about ME as a person.... that y'all don't get but that's OK... is that I'm not AT ALL into POLITICS...My H often BEGS me to look at the news commentaries while I'm sitting right here at the computer..I told Marshmallow that from the beginning...There's a good chance that I might not even vote.

And TRULY I don't believe in ABORTION.

So there..if it matters at all..

That's why I said NEVER MIND...

What does it matter what you think of me or what I think of you?

What does that have to do with fighting infidelity?

That's my PRIMARY REASON for coming to this website...

This topic has been locked. You all know why.

c00per
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums