Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
C
C
Stay.

This modern world, where we tiptoe around each other for fear of upsetting someone's delicate nature is all hogwash. We're all turning into a bunch of prima donnas from not having to face reality and having everything sugar-coated. At least you get people to look at themselves more honestly.

Which is why we're all here, right?

H
H
Stay.

I once likened the harshness of some of the posts here to a cat's tongue...they lick you roughly every once in awhile, but because of its infrequency, you know it's done with love.

HTM

BW 37 (Me).
F?WH 35.
06/97 Married.
Three sons...4, 5, and 7.
06/04 EA begins (Unknown to me).
02/10/05 D-Day EA (Unknown PA).
02/24/08 D-Day LTA 3+ YEARS! (same OW).

B
B
IMO You're judgmental, reactionary, irreverent and inconsistent.

Disappear ? We should PAY you to stay !!

Long may you continue to shoot from the lip.

MB Alumni
D
D
Stay.

M
M
Of course you should STAY...you, attention-lover, you... cool

I made it happen..a joyful life..filled with peace, contentment, happiness and fabulocity.
F
F
(Have a good day, all, I had nightmares again from FH but it was not like I did not contribute to my own nightmare)

Oh for cryin' out loud, Stella. What is it with you that you want to either give me such "power" over you or you like to be the "victim" and think people hate you?

I am surprised that all of you do not completely hate me. Last nite was difficult. I guess just some hate me not all.

I won't speak for anyone else but myself, Stella. FOR THE RECORD....I do not now, nor have I ever hated you.

I HAVE disagreed on several occasions with your opinions and your "advice" to posters, and I'm telling you Stella, between what you posted last July/August to your latest "advice" to TTH, you DO appear to have a fixation of some sort regaring "kick him/her to the curb and don't try to recover your marriage," at least when you seem to get into one of your "moods." Other times you do a very good job of trying to help some other members (yes, though I don't post on EN anymore, I do occasionally read some threads on that forum).

I'm not going to rehash that, but if you DON'T have that mindset, then SOMETHING triggers you to rip off a post of that "kick him/her to curb" advice. If it's PMS or some other "trigger," I really don't care, but I WOULD try to suggest that when those sorts of feelings hit, you may want to consider refraining from posting until the "Mood" passes. Or if it helps, or is even "therapeutic," write the post in Word and don't post it until you can review it when not so "in that mood." If it still makes sense, then post it. If not, consign it to the trash can.

There have been LOTS of times people have disagreed with something I have said (written). With the possible exception of one member, I can't think of anyone that I though "hated" me. "Strong disagreement" with a post is not hatred, it's disagreement with an idea. Shoot, I've even been called a Racist...how's that for a "personal attack." But I don't think the person who said that "hates" me. We have a difference of opinion over the subject (related to the current political race). That's the nature of life, there is seldom 100% agreement on everything and discussion and debate follow the "proferring of opinions."

It IS NOT "personal," (okay, being called a racist IS a tad personal) but it is related to the IDEA, the OPINION, that someone puts forth. It is NOT based in any "hatred" for anyone.

This idea (victimization) that some people "hate" you is just flat out wrong. But I also know that none of us is responsible for how someone else perceives things, so I understand that may be how you FEEL. But you also know what they say about "feelings..."

So my "vote" is for you stay on the system and try to help where you can and to refrain from posting where you don't think you can offer positive input or really aren't interested in a given thread or topic.

I HAVE JUST PUT MYSELF ON A SIX POST A DAY DIET! IN THE NEXT FEW WEEKS I WILL TRY AND REDUCE THAT TO 3 POSTS A DAY AND GO DOWN FROM THERE! I CAN DO THIS!!!!

Just a word of caution. When you begin to change a habit, be sure to replace the "found time" with something else that is positive in your life, something you like to do, some "new habit" that replaces the old one you are trying to change.

Blessings of peace to you Stella.

M
M
Never mind...

I made it happen..a joyful life..filled with peace, contentment, happiness and fabulocity.
T
T
I believe that any advice, no matter how harsh it may appear to some, as long as it is intended to help and not hurt, should be welcomed.

I have no opinion on to stay or not to stay, even if that is the question. I don't have enough knowledge about StellaKat to even chance an opinion, having only "met" her through her posts last night. I will say this, though: What she said could not be, by the wildest stretch of the most fervid and hyperactive imagination on this planet, be ever interpreted as anything but a calculated, deliberate insult. Its harsh rhetoric had no possibility whatsoever of helping, and MUST have been understood by the writer to be a label that would hurt a lot. If there is an apology to be made to anyone anywhere, it should be to the unfortunate WS who was so cavalierly labeled, her species altered, and her current circumstances mocked. Even by the above-quoted StellaKat supporter's standards, what was said could not be "welcomed", to put it mildly.

P
P
Oh please. She says what many of are thinking and are too afraid to post.

I kept my opinion of the situation to myself as he left OM still breathing.

I watch, and am as a sparrow alone upon the house top.
S
OP Offline
S
I am UDDERLY sorry I used the word COWLIKE to describe that guy's cheater wife. But look at why:

1. The wife deliberately had sex with a man outside the marriage, and probably many times, she could not control herself very well. Cows have no control over which "steer" mounts them. They just "go with it".

2. The wife was too ignorant (or something) to use proper birth control. Cows cannot use birth control either. They either get pregnant or they do not.

3. I have nothing against cows. They cannot help themselves. I really like most cows. But humans should not behave as cows, we are supposed to be more responsible than that.

4. I do have anger against women or men that cheat and create new life due to thier irresponsibilty.

S
OP Offline
S
Pariah, I love " Cooking with Pariah" and I am very glad you are MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVING ON!

MOOOOOOOOOOO! To your ex wife!

S
OP Offline
S
Thank you all for not hating me. I am UDDERLY happy about it.

MOOOOOOOOO!

P
P
The wife LIKED it too.

ALOT, moreso than with her lawfully wedded husband.

I do believe stella was too easy on the WW>

T
T
I am UDDERLY sorry I used the word COWLIKE to describe that guy's cheater wife. But

In my opinion, this "apology" doesn't exactly reek sincerity. It does, however, reek. Of something.

Personally, I've LOVED the smell of a barn full of cows, ever since I was a little girl. I've got no objection to the smell of manure. REAL manure, I mean. But this "apology" just plain stinks.

And as far as "mounting" and impregnating go--steers have been castrated. You're really thinking "bull".

T
T
I think you often come across as a bit moooooody and you seem to be milking the attention. I find you very cowtroversial at times but I like you. I even wrote you a poem:

Ode to Stellakat

Yes not no
Please don't go
Don't you know
You're part of this show
We love you so
At least I doe.

J
J
LOL Stella, a lot of times you say what I merely think!

We are all unique, but you truly add a flavor no one else does, especially with your lists. Gotta love your lists. You give very down-to-earth advice and you try to shake ppl from their complacency. You've helped me.

To everyone: "Take what you need and leave the rest."

I'm glad you feel this is a safe place to come when you're in a bad place. It's good to know I can come here when I'm having a meltdown, too. Stay!

---actually I'm Jayne241 (I'm on a trip and neither this computer nor myself remember my original username's password!)
M
M
Originally Posted by Pariah
I do believe stella was too easy on the WW>

The WW was not the audience though, the BH was...the victim...the emotionally raw one...

The cow post on THIS thread would not be bothersome if it was GENERIC and not directed at a BH who is here in a lot of turmoil right now...If applied to waywards in general it is funny (to me)...Of course I think that Stella would need to apologize to the cows...grin

Calling adultery animalistic does not offend me...It is TRUE...It no more offends me than does MelodyLane's "rutting with pigs" analogy...

Mrs. W

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

P
P
Of the WW was serious, she'd be in the audience, and not be trying to placate her husband into support her trophy.

J
J
Originally Posted by Stellakat
3. I have nothing against cows. They cannot help themselves. I really like most cows.

Especially with ketchup!

(apologies to vegetarians...)

---actually I'm Jayne241 (I'm on a trip and neither this computer nor myself remember my original username's password!)
B
B
Good Grief Stella - stay for goodness sake.

Me: 56 (FBS) Wife: 55 (FWW)
D-Day August 2005
Married 11/1982 3 Sons 27,25,23
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation