Marriage Builders
My parents are with him right now - they told me and H to go home, and they'd call us if necessary. <P>I took my son into town this morning to run some errands. Now he is asthmatic, but with the daily nebulizer treatments, we haven't had to deal with an attack for about 5 months now. But I'd noticed that he had been coughing. I didn't worry about it too much - he didn't sound wheezy, and both H and I are fighting colds right now.<P>Anyway, we went into Rite Aid, where I was going to buy him some cough syrup, and he started coughing uncontrollably. He couldn't even catch his breath. I immediately rushed him to the doctor's office. By this time, he was running a fever, struggling to breathe, and extremely lethargic.<P>The doctor did a test to check the amount of oxygen in his blood. He said that the level for a child his age should be 94% or above. My son was at around 80%, dropping even into the 70's on occasion. Subsequently, his pulse rate was at 220 bpm. They sent him over to the ER. They gave him an oral steroid for his lungs and gave him oxygen on and off for a few hours. The oxygen level would hit 95%, but when they took the mask off to try and give him an Albuterol treatment, it would plummet again.<P>Anyway, eventually they got him to around 90% and said that he could go home, but that he had to be closely watched. Any decline, and he would have to be admitted "indefinitely." I'm kind of a wreck right now, so my son is with my parents (also, they live 5 minutes from the hospital, while I live 30 minutes away.)<P>So prayers would be greatly appreciated for my boy. I'm a very worried mom right now!
Carolina Belle -- My prayers go out to your son, to your parents, and to you and your H.<P>God Bless
Oh Carolina Belle, I'm so sorry!<P>You son, your parents, your husband and you are in my prayers right now.<P>I was also an asthmatic child so I know what you and your son are going through.<P>Please keep us updated on how he is doing!<P>K
Sending prayers for you, your son, husband and folks. I am so sorry. That must be very difficult having a child with asthma. An attack can happen so suddenly. <P>{{{{{{{{Carolina Belle and family}}}}}}}}}
Sorry to hear of this. I'm glad that he is doing better now. Thought are with you.
Carolina Belle,<P>I just posted under the prayer forum for you.<BR> <A HREF="http://www.marriagebuilders.com/forum/Forum19/HTML/000727.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.marriagebuilders.com/forum/Forum19/HTML/000727.html</A> <P>K
Prayers going... and understood too, as I am asthmatic since birth...<P>Love, Sheryl
CB...<P>You will have my prayers...<P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Jim
My prayers are with you, your son and family. It is such a helpless feeling as a mommy to see your child hurting and not be able to make it all better as fast as you want. God will keep you strong. Close your eyes and feel his arms around you.
Hugs and prayers, CB, for your son and for you and your husband...<P>Terri
<B>CB</B><P>I will pray and of course you have my hugs. My sister had ashma as a child and still does. I have to tell you it got better with age. I am going to believe in healing from our heavenly Father on this one and light one of my candles.<P>
Dear CB,<P>I am sorry to hear of your son's health problem. My prayers are with you and your family. Asthma runs in my family also. It is good you have your parents nearby. <P>A mother never stops worrying. Part of our jobs. Get some rest so you can be with him as he recovers. Kids bounce back so quickly. <P>Take Care,<BR>L.
DITTO on all the prayers and warm loving thoughts.<P>Keep us posted if you can [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Big hugs!!!!!<P>------------------<BR>*heartache*<P>"Life's A Dance<BR>You Learn As You Go.<BR>Sometimes You Lead<BR>Sometimes You Follow!<BR>Don't worry 'Bout What You Don't Know<BR>LIfe's A Dance <BR>You Learn As You Go."
For what it's woth, you have my prayers also.<BR>cleo
That must have been so frightening. I sometimes have asthma attacks but not as serious as that. I hope he is better and not too frightened by the experience. He needs your loving calm.<BR>I guess the fear of losing a child puts all the other trials in perspective.<BR>I pray for his well-being and acceptance of this difficult cross and for peace in your family.
Carolina Belle,<P>Lighting a candle for your son now...<P>Blessings!<BR>HBC
GADS Belle,<P>I have been there and done this!! Abbey has asthma also and it just rips your heart out to see them heaving for breath.<P>Fortunatly she we only have to give her the nebulizer treatments as needed but I remember watching her as an 18 month old gasping for air and unable to get any.<P>I'll remember your's when I pray.<P>Bill<BR>
Dear CB,<P> my son is also asthmatic,when he was 3 years old he was in intensive care.I know how scarey it is,I still remember vividly ,altho this was 12 years ago.Bless you and your family,and prayers for his health.<P> beth
CB,<P>Prayers
My prayers are with you. Hope he is doing better by now.
Carolina...<BR>My prayers are with you and your family also.
Hey there hon, hope he's doing better now! I'll be praying....
You're in our prayers. Keep us posted, ok?<P>Love,<P>Lori
I'm also hoping and praying for the best. It's got to be very scary, especially for a little guy.<P>Steve<p>[This message has been edited by StillHers (edited April 23, 2001).]
My thoughts and prayers go to you and your family.<BR>It's such a scary thing when we see it happen and can't do anything to make it better.<BR>Many hugs and a wish for speedy recovery for your son.<BR>Kat
My heart is so full right now - words cannot express the gratitude that I feel. My husband and I thank you all so much for the support!<P>Michael was up most of the night last night. We took turns giving him treatments. This morning, he was in really good spirits. We just got back from the doctor's office, and his oxygen level was at 97%, with a pulse rate of 120 bpm. He is back to his usual hyperactive two-year-old self. God is wonderful!<p>[This message has been edited by Carolina Belle (edited April 23, 2001).]
CB!<P>That is wonderful to hear!!!! Thanks for the update! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>K
Praise the Lord! I am so glad he is doing better. <P>Thank you for letting us know how your son and your family is doing. Take care!
<B>Carolina Belle</B><P>I am so happy to hear your update. How wonderful. Yes, you are right our God is so good.<P>Will continue to pray for your son, you and your husband.<P>Take care of one and all! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Hugs,<P>------------------<BR><B>God bless you and all of us. We are all going to make it, all of us! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] With God on our side we can't lose! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] What God has joined together let no man put asunder. <P>Samantha</B><p>[This message has been edited by A blessed Samantha (edited April 23, 2001).]
I'm so glad to hear your little boy is better!!!<BR>Hugs<BR>Kat<P>------------------<BR>"Each and everyone of us is deserving of a gentle thougth, a kind word and the gift of understanding"
CB, so thankful to hear your son is ok, Hon. Really, really thankful.<P>I could not post, but prayed instead. I was angry at your hospital for not admitting him. I could be wrong for not knowing all the facts, but I don't think so.<P>Have taken care of over a hundred acute asthmatic pediatric patients. Never got any easier. It rips your heart out to see them gasping like a fish out of water. Nothing can make you feel more helpless. Even as a nurse. I imagine that is multiplied by a gazillion when you're his parent.<P>Hope whatever culprit that instigated the attack is gone now. <P>And I hope you never again have to deal with medical personal who tell you that you can go home with a 2 yr. old child who has a pulse oxy of 90%. FYI, next time question the docs if prudent medical standards would proclaim him stable for discharge. Our hospital would NOT have. You <B>can</B> insist that they admit him if you feel his respiratory status is unstable. 90% is NOT stable. YOU do not know this--THEY should have.<P>Praying that you never have to recall that info again. <P>Much love,<P>L
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums