Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
OP Offline
C
My parents are with him right now - they told me and H to go home, and they'd call us if necessary. <P>I took my son into town this morning to run some errands. Now he is asthmatic, but with the daily nebulizer treatments, we haven't had to deal with an attack for about 5 months now. But I'd noticed that he had been coughing. I didn't worry about it too much - he didn't sound wheezy, and both H and I are fighting colds right now.<P>Anyway, we went into Rite Aid, where I was going to buy him some cough syrup, and he started coughing uncontrollably. He couldn't even catch his breath. I immediately rushed him to the doctor's office. By this time, he was running a fever, struggling to breathe, and extremely lethargic.<P>The doctor did a test to check the amount of oxygen in his blood. He said that the level for a child his age should be 94% or above. My son was at around 80%, dropping even into the 70's on occasion. Subsequently, his pulse rate was at 220 bpm. They sent him over to the ER. They gave him an oral steroid for his lungs and gave him oxygen on and off for a few hours. The oxygen level would hit 95%, but when they took the mask off to try and give him an Albuterol treatment, it would plummet again.<P>Anyway, eventually they got him to around 90% and said that he could go home, but that he had to be closely watched. Any decline, and he would have to be admitted "indefinitely." I'm kind of a wreck right now, so my son is with my parents (also, they live 5 minutes from the hospital, while I live 30 minutes away.)<P>So prayers would be greatly appreciated for my boy. I'm a very worried mom right now!

E
E
Carolina Belle -- My prayers go out to your son, to your parents, and to you and your H.<P>God Bless

K
K
Oh Carolina Belle, I'm so sorry!<P>You son, your parents, your husband and you are in my prayers right now.<P>I was also an asthmatic child so I know what you and your son are going through.<P>Please keep us updated on how he is doing!<P>K

R
R
Sending prayers for you, your son, husband and folks. I am so sorry. That must be very difficult having a child with asthma. An attack can happen so suddenly. <P>{{{{{{{{Carolina Belle and family}}}}}}}}}

R
R
Sorry to hear of this. I'm glad that he is doing better now. Thought are with you.

K
K
Carolina Belle,<P>I just posted under the prayer forum for you.<BR> <A HREF="http://www.marriagebuilders.com/forum/Forum19/HTML/000727.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.marriagebuilders.com/forum/Forum19/HTML/000727.html</A> <P>K

N
N
Prayers going... and understood too, as I am asthmatic since birth...<P>Love, Sheryl

N
NSR Offline
N
CB...<P>You will have my prayers...<P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Jim

E
E
My prayers are with you, your son and family. It is such a helpless feeling as a mommy to see your child hurting and not be able to make it all better as fast as you want. God will keep you strong. Close your eyes and feel his arms around you.

T
T
Hugs and prayers, CB, for your son and for you and your husband...<P>Terri

S
S
<B>CB</B><P>I will pray and of course you have my hugs. My sister had ashma as a child and still does. I have to tell you it got better with age. I am going to believe in healing from our heavenly Father on this one and light one of my candles.<P>

O
O
Dear CB,<P>I am sorry to hear of your son's health problem. My prayers are with you and your family. Asthma runs in my family also. It is good you have your parents nearby. <P>A mother never stops worrying. Part of our jobs. Get some rest so you can be with him as he recovers. Kids bounce back so quickly. <P>Take Care,<BR>L.

H
H
DITTO on all the prayers and warm loving thoughts.<P>Keep us posted if you can [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Big hugs!!!!!<P>------------------<BR>*heartache*<P>"Life's A Dance<BR>You Learn As You Go.<BR>Sometimes You Lead<BR>Sometimes You Follow!<BR>Don't worry 'Bout What You Don't Know<BR>LIfe's A Dance <BR>You Learn As You Go."

C
C
For what it's woth, you have my prayers also.<BR>cleo

T
T
That must have been so frightening. I sometimes have asthma attacks but not as serious as that. I hope he is better and not too frightened by the experience. He needs your loving calm.<BR>I guess the fear of losing a child puts all the other trials in perspective.<BR>I pray for his well-being and acceptance of this difficult cross and for peace in your family.

H
H
Carolina Belle,<P>Lighting a candle for your son now...<P>Blessings!<BR>HBC

W
W
GADS Belle,<P>I have been there and done this!! Abbey has asthma also and it just rips your heart out to see them heaving for breath.<P>Fortunatly she we only have to give her the nebulizer treatments as needed but I remember watching her as an 18 month old gasping for air and unable to get any.<P>I'll remember your's when I pray.<P>Bill<BR>

A
A
Dear CB,<P> my son is also asthmatic,when he was 3 years old he was in intensive care.I know how scarey it is,I still remember vividly ,altho this was 12 years ago.Bless you and your family,and prayers for his health.<P> beth

S
S
CB,<P>Prayers

J
J
My prayers are with you. Hope he is doing better by now.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (NewEveryDay), 1,357 guests, and 77 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation