Marriage Builders
Posted By: Limu This may be it... - 03/12/02 12:13 AM
Well, my marriage has been hanging by the most fragile of threads. H has been living with OW for the past 5 months...and during this whole time we have had little to no contact (no kids). I've been in Plan B since the start. I had a small glimmer of hope 3 weeks ago when my H cancelled our meeting with our divorce attorneys 1 hour before the meeting. Nothing's happened since. Until today. One of my friends emailed OW (without my knowledge). Asked her how it feels to be living w/ a married man and asked her how she can sleep at night. OW emailed back..."I sleep very comfortably. Thank you for your concern". Knowing my H, he is going to be livid that one of my friends did that, and of course, he will blame me. I have a feeling that divorce meeting will be back on shortly. I feel sick to my stomach! On top of that, my counselor told me today he has very little hope of any reconciliation, based on the fact that my H has never contacted me during our separation. Should I just give it up already?!
Posted By: Resilient Re: This may be it... - 03/12/02 12:19 AM
Limu?<p>Why did your "friend" do that? Did you know he/she was going to contact OW? I guess it's a moot point now, but grrrr!<p>You can never know what's going on in "Immoral-ville", they could be having spats left and right. You can be sure OW is LBing your H about you, probably puting the pressure on, looking like a preditorial pushy scavenger to your H. You just never know.<p>My point is, don't worry about it, Hon. Stay firm in your Plan B (you DID write a Plan B letter, right?). <p>Best you to,
Jo
Posted By: Bellevue Re: This may be it... - 03/12/02 12:19 AM
Yuck, what kind of a friend meddles in your life like that? She would be out of my address book, as of yesterday.
Posted By: Zorweb Re: This may be it... - 03/12/02 12:28 AM
Yep, this is out of you control. So go with the flow and be the best you can be. Right now focus on YOU.<p>It's interesting that your H is has not been pursuing the divorce. I'm sure it's something that the OW really wants. It certainly speaks of a person not ready to commit.
Posted By: Limu Re: This may be it... - 03/12/02 01:39 AM
Thanks for the replies; I don't know what got into my friend...for some reason she just got a wild hair and got really angry and shot this email off. She apologized, but we both agreed NO MORE. Also, I have to admit, that if this one email causes the divorce to proceed and our marriage to finally end, we were screwed anyway. I never wrote a Plan B letter, because in reality, my H is the one who went dark. He never calls, rarely returns my calls, and generally avoids me at all costs. So I just have made it a point to only contact him when absolutely necessary. We kind of fell into Plan B before I even knew what it was! Was has me feeling most hopeless today was my counselor telling me that based on the amount of time that has passed (5 months) and the no contact from my H, he has little hope for our marriage. So depressing!
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums