Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#984292 03/11/02 07:13 PM
L
Limu Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Well, my marriage has been hanging by the most fragile of threads. H has been living with OW for the past 5 months...and during this whole time we have had little to no contact (no kids). I've been in Plan B since the start. I had a small glimmer of hope 3 weeks ago when my H cancelled our meeting with our divorce attorneys 1 hour before the meeting. Nothing's happened since. Until today. One of my friends emailed OW (without my knowledge). Asked her how it feels to be living w/ a married man and asked her how she can sleep at night. OW emailed back..."I sleep very comfortably. Thank you for your concern". Knowing my H, he is going to be livid that one of my friends did that, and of course, he will blame me. I have a feeling that divorce meeting will be back on shortly. I feel sick to my stomach! On top of that, my counselor told me today he has very little hope of any reconciliation, based on the fact that my H has never contacted me during our separation. Should I just give it up already?!

#984293 03/11/02 07:19 PM
R
R
Limu?<p>Why did your "friend" do that? Did you know he/she was going to contact OW? I guess it's a moot point now, but grrrr!<p>You can never know what's going on in "Immoral-ville", they could be having spats left and right. You can be sure OW is LBing your H about you, probably puting the pressure on, looking like a preditorial pushy scavenger to your H. You just never know.<p>My point is, don't worry about it, Hon. Stay firm in your Plan B (you DID write a Plan B letter, right?). <p>Best you to,
Jo

#984294 03/11/02 07:19 PM
B
B
Yuck, what kind of a friend meddles in your life like that? She would be out of my address book, as of yesterday.

#984295 03/11/02 07:28 PM
Z
Z
Yep, this is out of you control. So go with the flow and be the best you can be. Right now focus on YOU.<p>It's interesting that your H is has not been pursuing the divorce. I'm sure it's something that the OW really wants. It certainly speaks of a person not ready to commit.

#984296 03/11/02 08:39 PM
L
Limu Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Thanks for the replies; I don't know what got into my friend...for some reason she just got a wild hair and got really angry and shot this email off. She apologized, but we both agreed NO MORE. Also, I have to admit, that if this one email causes the divorce to proceed and our marriage to finally end, we were screwed anyway. I never wrote a Plan B letter, because in reality, my H is the one who went dark. He never calls, rarely returns my calls, and generally avoids me at all costs. So I just have made it a point to only contact him when absolutely necessary. We kind of fell into Plan B before I even knew what it was! Was has me feeling most hopeless today was my counselor telling me that based on the amount of time that has passed (5 months) and the no contact from my H, he has little hope for our marriage. So depressing!

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation