Marriage Builders
Posted By: Noahsdove Seperation Anxiety - 06/12/06 12:17 AM
What do I do so I dont appear to be a stacker to my wife while we are seperated? can i still bring flowers? I go over there to watch the kids when she needs to go out and take care of her business.
The seperation is killing me knowing that she is just across town and I want to go back to my house, climb back into bed with her and hold her all night long.
What can I do to keep my mind off of her???????
Ive been reading more and riding my bike and walking more then ever now but my mind cant get off of her. Im almost lovesick for her now. My every thought is of her and her beautiful face and smile and her eyes.

WHAT CAN I DO!!!!!???
Posted By: newly Re: Seperation Anxiety - 06/12/06 01:04 PM
Read this site, and do what you hadn't been doing.
Does she need Domestic support? While you are there with the kids, clean up your mess, weed the garden, etc. if you feel these acts will meet her needs.

Does she value family committment and time doing things with the kids like reading, or sports, then do that.

Begin meeting her EN's while you are in the house, even if you don't feel like doing it. Read the concepts on this site to learn to become the best spouse you can be. You have the opportunity since you are int he house. Other's don't.
Posted By: avondale25 Re: Seperation Anxiety - 06/12/06 02:33 PM
[color:"blue"]Newly [/color] is right. Have you read up on the Emotional Needs section of this website (not the discussion board, but the site)? You should do that and try to determine what needs of hers you are immediately able to meet. At some point in the future, perhaps the EN questionnaire can be shared with her and that would facilitate discussion. It might be something a counselor can help with also. But for now, do what you haven't been doing, so she can see you're serious about changing previous behavior.
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums