Marriage Builders
Posted By: brokenhusband new here - 03/30/07 12:57 AM
Not new to MB but this is the first time I have posted. We have entered into a plan A as far as I can tell. I am the one who has done the hurting and it was suggested by my wife that I seek help here. She is thinking about getting a divorce.

We just had our 11th anniversary last week. Things have been rough through out our marriage. I have failed to meet her needs and have caused emotional abuse in our life together. I need help in going in the right direction to save our marriage. I am despreate for help.

Biggest issue we have is me showing respect to her and honoring her wishes.
Posted By: believer Re: new here - 03/30/07 03:07 AM
Welcome to marriagebuilders. It is a good place to be under the circumstances.

If there has been infidelity, you will get more help on the General Questions forum. If there are other problems, go to the Emotional Needs forum. At any rate, the divorce forum is not the right place, because we hope that you don't get divorced.

Check out the emotional needs questionnaire under the most popular links box to the right, and see if you can start meeting her most important needs.

Why do you think you have a problem honoring her wishes?
Posted By: ThornedRose Re: new here - 03/30/07 03:38 AM
Not new to MB but this is the first time I have posted. We have entered into a plan A as far as I can tell. I am the one who has done the hurting and it was suggested by my wife that I seek help here. She is thinking about getting a divorce.

We just had our 11th anniversary last week. Things have been rough through out our marriage. I have failed to meet her needs and have caused emotional abuse in our life together. I need help in going in the right direction to save our marriage. I am despreate for help.

Biggest issue we have is me showing respect to her and honoring her wishes.

What seems to be the biggest area of disrespect?
Posted By: brokenhusband Re: new here - 03/30/07 05:59 AM
Disrecpectful judgments selfish demands and occasional outbursts of anger. The outbursts are more with the kids then with my wife.
Posted By: Lucks Re: new here - 03/30/07 01:04 PM
The outbursts are more with the kids then with my wife.

Those probably hurt your W too, as if you were yelling directly at her. A man, dad or not, yelling at a woman's children brings forth the mama-tiger in her.
Posted By: Hardlesson Re: new here - 03/30/07 02:10 PM
<<<deleted...wrong thread>>>
Posted By: brokenhusband Re: new here - 03/30/07 03:00 PM
I agree that any yelling no matter what for or at who is a love buster. I have started reading Fall in Love Stay in Love. And see all kinds of things I have done wrong. Trying to make chages slowly. Todays goal is to not yell for any reason. I need to find a respectful way to express myself. Yelling has no part in the future of this family.
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums