Marriage Builders
Posted By: Hardlesson One Year Since X Moved Out - 07/21/07 12:49 AM
Folks,

I don't post too much, but July 15th marks one year since my now-ex wife walked away.

Things do get better over time, but it takes a lot of work: Daily devotionals, doing little things for oneself to stay emotinally balanced. It's a journey.

Emotionally, I'm much more stable now. I still don't consider myself "recovered," because most every morning I wake up cognizant that I'm alone and no longer married. For the longest time I woke up sad...then angry...then SEETHING...now, the emotional pain of a year ago seems like a memory.

I experienced another huge loss during this last year. My mom passed away after battling cancer. I lost the two most important women in my life and that hurt. The difference between the two were not lost on me: Mom had dignity, stood for family. Ex ran away. I won't go on.

I'm not seeing anybody. Don't have any prospects. I do get lonely. I'm trying to deal with that and keep busy. Sometimes I'm successful, and other times I'm not.

As for the ex...she's following the script. Spending $$ to oblivian. She's still in the A, but I understand ex and OM are in deep financial bananas.

I wish she didn't make the choices she made.

I am thankfull I am the primary custodian. I believe ex regrets giving that up so easily. If she had custody of our youngest I have no doubt she would move in with the OM 350 miles away.

Take care everybody.

HL
Posted By: hangingtough Re: One Year Since X Moved Out - 07/30/07 07:29 PM
I'm with ya'......I'm approaching the 1 year mark myself. It was a tumultuous time but things do slowly get better. Each and everyday I get stronger and more stable.

I actually started seeing someone recently and it has helped move me forward a lot.

My XWW on the other hand has found that her new life is not so easy both financially and emotionally.
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums