Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1913491 07/20/07 07:49 PM
H
OP Offline
H
Folks,

I don't post too much, but July 15th marks one year since my now-ex wife walked away.

Things do get better over time, but it takes a lot of work: Daily devotionals, doing little things for oneself to stay emotinally balanced. It's a journey.

Emotionally, I'm much more stable now. I still don't consider myself "recovered," because most every morning I wake up cognizant that I'm alone and no longer married. For the longest time I woke up sad...then angry...then SEETHING...now, the emotional pain of a year ago seems like a memory.

I experienced another huge loss during this last year. My mom passed away after battling cancer. I lost the two most important women in my life and that hurt. The difference between the two were not lost on me: Mom had dignity, stood for family. Ex ran away. I won't go on.

I'm not seeing anybody. Don't have any prospects. I do get lonely. I'm trying to deal with that and keep busy. Sometimes I'm successful, and other times I'm not.

As for the ex...she's following the script. Spending $$ to oblivian. She's still in the A, but I understand ex and OM are in deep financial bananas.

I wish she didn't make the choices she made.

I am thankfull I am the primary custodian. I believe ex regrets giving that up so easily. If she had custody of our youngest I have no doubt she would move in with the OM 350 miles away.

Take care everybody.

HL

Hardlesson BS: Me (41) FWW: XW (40) Children: Three daughers (2, 10, 13) DDay: 6/3/2006 M: 19 years Divorced: 10/4/2006 Out of the valley of dispair and working my way back up the mountain.
H
H
I'm with ya'......I'm approaching the 1 year mark myself. It was a tumultuous time but things do slowly get better. Each and everyday I get stronger and more stable.

I actually started seeing someone recently and it has helped move me forward a lot.

My XWW on the other hand has found that her new life is not so easy both financially and emotionally.

BS (me) - 46
WW - 37
Separated on Sept. 1, 2006
Divorced June 2007

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 766 guests, and 54 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation