Marriage Builders
Hey All,<P>Funny thing happened in the grocery store today. I turned the cart down the aisle and who should I run right into but My X the OW and her daughter. Not even thinking about what I was saying I said, "Hi Dear". He looked at me and said Hi,What are you up to." I told him I was going to make hot taco dip because the kids and I and some friends were having Christmas tonight. (X loves hot taco dip) Anyway I then told him that our D had just been involved in a slight fender bender with her boyfriend. He looked at me and said," Not in our car I hope." I thought his girlfriend was going to explode. I don't think he relized that he had said "our" but I caught it and I know she did to. I really hope she thinks about it. She had to relize how comfortable we are with eachother and feel like total ****. I'm sure she felt like a total outsider. anyway I just kind of thought it was kind of funny.<P>Jill
LOL...that is good...I bet she felt like<P>ACK!!!
ROTFLMAO!!!<P>Jill, that was great! you are a gem.<P>hope you said it perfectly innocently, <BR>in your normal tone of voice, as if nothing has happened.<P>tom
[Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>That is so funny. Sounds like a jealous OW. Poor her [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] heeheehee!<P>Now about this hot taco dip? Any chance for a recipe? As a newly formed bachelor, I can't pass up any opportunity to learn new cooking skills [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Take care<P>------------------<BR>nick<P>it's only time that heals the pain and makes the sun come out again
Personally, I TRY to use those terms.<P>I try to use terms that includes her, even though she may not care to hear them. When she first left, I changed the answering machine message saying "leave me a message." She noticed. When I changed it back, she thanked me. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>She doesn't talk to me in the same tone of voice if the OM is around. She is rather sharp sounding if I call when he is there at work. Otherwise, there is more civility.<P>A couple time I heard "we" and "ours" if I converse about the house or her car.<P>It seemed you had managed to pass up a majo LB moment.<P>rrunrr<P><P>------------------<BR>Almost anything can be undone or forgiven.<P>Never take trust for granted.
crazy or what,<P>You know what I believe? That nothing like that happens by chance. I really think there are stronger forces at work in our lives. Keep that in mind as you have these "chance" encounters and what appear on the surface to be coincidences.<P>It is nice to see that you are mature enough and dignified enough to handle things like you did.<P>Mike
crazy like a fox:<P>Better script than a sitcom. Love it. Classy, natural, droll. Kudos.<BR><P>------------------<BR>Belle, Domestic Goddess
Still waiting to see that dip recipe!!!<BR>(subtle hint)<P><BR>rrunrr<P><P>------------------<BR>Almost anything can be undone or forgiven.<P>Never take trust for granted.
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums