Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
OP Offline
C
Hey All,<P>Funny thing happened in the grocery store today. I turned the cart down the aisle and who should I run right into but My X the OW and her daughter. Not even thinking about what I was saying I said, "Hi Dear". He looked at me and said Hi,What are you up to." I told him I was going to make hot taco dip because the kids and I and some friends were having Christmas tonight. (X loves hot taco dip) Anyway I then told him that our D had just been involved in a slight fender bender with her boyfriend. He looked at me and said," Not in our car I hope." I thought his girlfriend was going to explode. I don't think he relized that he had said "our" but I caught it and I know she did to. I really hope she thinks about it. She had to relize how comfortable we are with eachother and feel like total ****. I'm sure she felt like a total outsider. anyway I just kind of thought it was kind of funny.<P>Jill

T
T
LOL...that is good...I bet she felt like<P>ACK!!!

W
W
ROTFLMAO!!!<P>Jill, that was great! you are a gem.<P>hope you said it perfectly innocently, <BR>in your normal tone of voice, as if nothing has happened.<P>tom

C
C
[Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>That is so funny. Sounds like a jealous OW. Poor her [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] heeheehee!<P>Now about this hot taco dip? Any chance for a recipe? As a newly formed bachelor, I can't pass up any opportunity to learn new cooking skills [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Take care<P>------------------<BR>nick<P>it's only time that heals the pain and makes the sun come out again

R
R
Personally, I TRY to use those terms.<P>I try to use terms that includes her, even though she may not care to hear them. When she first left, I changed the answering machine message saying "leave me a message." She noticed. When I changed it back, she thanked me. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>She doesn't talk to me in the same tone of voice if the OM is around. She is rather sharp sounding if I call when he is there at work. Otherwise, there is more civility.<P>A couple time I heard "we" and "ours" if I converse about the house or her car.<P>It seemed you had managed to pass up a majo LB moment.<P>rrunrr<P><P>------------------<BR>Almost anything can be undone or forgiven.<P>Never take trust for granted.

S
S
crazy or what,<P>You know what I believe? That nothing like that happens by chance. I really think there are stronger forces at work in our lives. Keep that in mind as you have these "chance" encounters and what appear on the surface to be coincidences.<P>It is nice to see that you are mature enough and dignified enough to handle things like you did.<P>Mike

B
B
crazy like a fox:<P>Better script than a sitcom. Love it. Classy, natural, droll. Kudos.<BR><P>------------------<BR>Belle, Domestic Goddess

R
R
Still waiting to see that dip recipe!!!<BR>(subtle hint)<P><BR>rrunrr<P><P>------------------<BR>Almost anything can be undone or forgiven.<P>Never take trust for granted.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,027 guests, and 52 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation