Marriage Builders
Posted By: llama ***Llama's Update...It's been a while...*** - 05/16/03 10:44 PM
Hi gang -

It's been quite some time since I last posted. I wanted to write and tell you all who are going through painful divorces that there is a light for you waiting at the end of the dark, gloomy, tunnel.

It's been over a year since my XH left and almost a year since our divorce was final.

1. I'm happy. I think for the duration of my marriage, I was not being honest with myself about my own happiness. I wasn't the best communicator either - which can make things even worse in an already-not-so-good marriage.

2. I've matured. Spiritually and emotionally. I keep reading all the time. I continue to do things for myself - learning and growing. I went back to church - it feels great.

3. I've met a special someone. Will see where the road leads us - outlook is definitely good. Just taking things day by day. I have a whole lifetime ahead of me.

4. Work is great. TAking on much more responsibilities and getting the pats on the back that I deserve! Whoo hoo.

5. Family is great - I'm now even closer to my family. Don't speak to my former in laws anymore. And, although it hurt in the beginning (me and my FMIL were close) I understand now that it's best. I have my own life and my own family.

6. Still going through the annulment process. It's hard work - difficult questions to answer, but it has helped me even more know that I did the right thing.

7. Don't know much about my X. Don't know where he lives, what he does, etc. And, that is ok. I don't really wonder anymore. The bitterness is gone and I hope he finds happiness and peace in his life.

Well, I just wanted to say that things do get better. The saying time heals holds true. My only advice is always continue to work on yourself - although I'm a BS - I wasn't the perfect wife either. I'm learning and growing. I still make mistakes, but I'm recognizing them more now and that's half the battle.

Good luck to everyone here. I'd love to hear from some of you!

Hugs,
Llama
I am new, it is good to hear there is light at the end of the tunnel. Congrats.
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums