Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
llama Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Hi gang -

It's been quite some time since I last posted. I wanted to write and tell you all who are going through painful divorces that there is a light for you waiting at the end of the dark, gloomy, tunnel.

It's been over a year since my XH left and almost a year since our divorce was final.

1. I'm happy. I think for the duration of my marriage, I was not being honest with myself about my own happiness. I wasn't the best communicator either - which can make things even worse in an already-not-so-good marriage.

2. I've matured. Spiritually and emotionally. I keep reading all the time. I continue to do things for myself - learning and growing. I went back to church - it feels great.

3. I've met a special someone. Will see where the road leads us - outlook is definitely good. Just taking things day by day. I have a whole lifetime ahead of me.

4. Work is great. TAking on much more responsibilities and getting the pats on the back that I deserve! Whoo hoo.

5. Family is great - I'm now even closer to my family. Don't speak to my former in laws anymore. And, although it hurt in the beginning (me and my FMIL were close) I understand now that it's best. I have my own life and my own family.

6. Still going through the annulment process. It's hard work - difficult questions to answer, but it has helped me even more know that I did the right thing.

7. Don't know much about my X. Don't know where he lives, what he does, etc. And, that is ok. I don't really wonder anymore. The bitterness is gone and I hope he finds happiness and peace in his life.

Well, I just wanted to say that things do get better. The saying time heals holds true. My only advice is always continue to work on yourself - although I'm a BS - I wasn't the perfect wife either. I'm learning and growing. I still make mistakes, but I'm recognizing them more now and that's half the battle.

Good luck to everyone here. I'd love to hear from some of you!

Hugs,
Llama

J
J
I am new, it is good to hear there is light at the end of the tunnel. Congrats.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,254 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation