Marriage Builders
Posted By: catnip The Cat's Out of the Bag - 04/24/01 04:22 PM
Aaaaacccckkk! Flowerseed's right. I don't recognize this place! I hooked up last night and have spent several hours reading posts to catch up and I was stunned at what has been happening here. That being said, I am delighted we have a moderator...it kind of makes us 'official', does it not? But, most of all...how I have missed you all...Leelee, cdcollins, Heavenly, Flowerseed, Gregg, Happy Girl, Broken Wings, Middelman, Tigger, Jenny (how was your trip???), takingcare, Gemini, Zebra, Gabi, Ohbratti, aloneandsad, blue, K, Bystander et al. I see Terri and Bozos Deb are here from GQ II and I love that. Those compassionate oldtimers have so much to offer the newbies and give us all so much support. All the oldtimers here have their work cut out for them with the endless assaults the site is enduring from 'crashers'. And so many newbies, which saddens me, yet I am so grateful they have found this haven of love and support, comfort and advice...a place to unload their burdens and restore marriages.<P>As Jerry Garcia said, "What a long strange trip it's been." The move went well considering how looooong it has taken me to settle in. So many things to do. I found renter's for my house and am reaffirming with the mortgage people which may or may not work out because of the bank...we'll see. The house I live in is heaven. It isn't so much the house as it is just a basic house...no bells or whistles but it does have a great kitchen and the view is amazing. Every night around dusk, a herd of deer tromp through my yard and have successfully made the yard's arborvitaes into topiaries (hahaha) and from the moment I wake up until I go to sleep, the loons call to each other throughout the day. Loon calls has to be my favorite sound in all the world. <P>There are fox and piliated woodpeckers, wood ducks and I am surrounded by hundred foot white cedars and birch trees. The lake view looks like a Hamm's Beer commercial (for those of you old enough to remember them..."from the land of sky blue waters...waters..."<P>The people up here are wonderful...warm, friendly, quirky and interesting...kind of like Northern Exposure and the roads are windy and hilly where we are. The peaceful quiet is balm for the soul and we both sleep like the dead. Something that has eluded both of us for three years. <P>I am looking more relaxed, smile and laugh more, feel as though I am rekindling my damaged relationship with God and my husband and I are enjoying each other like never before.<P>Something has happened to my husband these past few months, even before the move. His medication has been a miracle drug. He no longer has the profound deep depression, no longer gives into rage, no longer has the reckless behavior and makes terrible decisions, nor is he ever unkind or hurtful. He has developed a new appreciation for me and for our marriage and is grateful for this amazing opportunity. A chance to heal...and it has been a true rebirth for both of us.<P>I do not agree with the crashers that once a cheater, always a cheater. I think the majority of us here are dealing with a "fluke" in our marraige and especially on this site, our husband's are not serial cheaters like the lurkers' husbands are/were. What happened to me will never happen again. As someone here said, our husbands are not likely to repeat something so devastating that impacts their lives forever and ruins the marriage and devastates us so. What my husband and I have found because of all this is something so incredible, I never in my wildest dreams ever thought it could be any better than it was before, but it is. I used to come here a lament "I want my life back before the A and before OC"...and strangely enough, I have it, only better, with a deeper and more intense understanding, compassion and cohesiveness that is such a gift...I admit I still wish with all my heart we could have attained this 'nirvana' without the OW/OC entering into the picture because my vanity and my ego craves and longs for the exclusivity. But, I am learning not to focus on it too much anymore and have evolved into an 'acceptance' phase in my recovery.<P>Dear Friends, I am so glad to be back for I have missed you all so much. I have many more posts to read and catch up on so I will be busy with that for a while. Thanks for caring so much and making me feel missed. <P>Love<P>Catnip =^^=<p>[This message has been edited by catnip (edited April 24, 2001).]
Posted By: carriemom Re: The Cat's Out of the Bag - 04/24/01 04:36 PM
Welcome Back !<P>It sounds wonderful up there and I can really picture it since we were just near there (although it was very white in February) and have been near there for all of the seasons. Sounds like heaven, you deserve it.<P>I know exactly what you mean about your relationship being better than ever. I almost felt that immediately after D-day, that i did not want to go back to before the A. I just have to figure how to put unsolved issues away and let my mind and heart heal without knowing what I think I want to know.<P>Well, get reading Catnip, I have laid real low for the last couple weeks but have been reading - very interesting it was.<P>Enjoy the wonderful Spring (Minnesota is going to get one)up there, say Hi to the Loons for me!<P>Carrie<BR>
Posted By: heavenlybody26 Re: The Cat's Out of the Bag - 04/24/01 04:44 PM
Dear, dear Catnip,<P>I am speechless with sheer joy at your return!<P>You have been sorely missed and we have needed your wisdom and your way with words so many times -- especially over the past few weeks.<P>Your new home sounds heavenly (or fit for heavenly -- how about an invitation??) [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] I hope that your new location will bring you endless peace and happiness.<P>Have fun catching up on all the happenings. I am so looking forward to your wisdom and humour again.<P>love,<BR>heavenly<p>[This message has been edited by heavenlybody26 (edited April 24, 2001).]
Posted By: K Re: The Cat's Out of the Bag - 04/24/01 04:51 PM
I'll tip a Hamm's in honor of you (while listening to the Dead). I'm jealous of the pileated (woody) woodpeckers: we only have red heads, downy, and sapsuckers around here.<P>Glad that you're finding some peace!!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]
Posted By: Leelee Re: The Cat's Out of the Bag - 04/25/01 05:07 AM
Catnip you sound INCREDIBLE!!!<BR>I am sincerely happy for your joy, peace and renowned relationship with the Lord. I am not surprised though I knew it would happen momasita!!!<P>Glad to have you back girl, I think we have done a good job handling the fort but am I glad you are here again. I missed my friend so much and am so grateful to not only have you back but to have you back with renewed peace, strength, love, and respect.<P>Continued blessings to you and your hubby.<P>Love ya,<BR>Leelee
Posted By: tigger4jdt Re: The Cat's Out of the Bag - 04/25/01 05:17 AM
Hey Catnip!<P>I was so happy to see your post this morning! We have all missed you, and it will be great to read your posts again, and have you and Gregg bantering back and forth. You two always crack me up! I sent pictures of Abbi to Happy Girl, so you may want to email her. She changed the picture site, and can give you the info for getting to the new one. I believe she has everyone else's pics up now too.<P>Glad to have you back. I wish we could be there with you. I would love to watch the wildlife up there. Here, we have lots of birds, but the only animals that are wild here are the mongeese!<P>Love,<P>Tigger
Posted By: cdcollins Re: The Cat's Out of the Bag - 04/25/01 05:20 AM
Catnip,<BR>Welcome back! You have been sorely missed by one and all!<BR>cd
Posted By: broken_wings Re: The Cat's Out of the Bag - 04/25/01 05:37 AM
Hi there Catnip!!! So glad you are back! We really have missed you around here...all I could think when I first saw the intruders come here is "oooo I wish Catnip were here, she would claw them to pieces". But hopefully they are gone, at least for a little while.<P>Your new place sounds just perfect! I am so happy you are finding your peace with God. That really does make my heart soar. And peace with your H and M. There is a life out there afterall.<P>Love Ya Cat!<P>Broken_Wings
Posted By: flowerseed Re: The Cat's Out of the Bag - 04/25/01 05:57 AM
Catnip,<BR>Back just in time I see our insane ow is also back with another name. Good things in the wild wild woods are going so great. We have been having fun to hubby was shaking something at me threw the bushes I think it was a worm, I think I almost died. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] and look what we learned to do. Glad your back! with love flowerseed
Posted By: takingcare Re: The Cat's Out of the Bag - 04/24/01 06:00 PM
Welcome back! You sound well. That is a good thing! <P>Carolyn
Posted By: Bystander Re: The Cat's Out of the Bag - 04/24/01 06:30 PM
<BR>Welcome back, Catnip!<P>Bystander
Posted By: gemini1 Re: The Cat's Out of the Bag - 04/24/01 06:37 PM
Welcome back Catnip. I have missed you so. I am glad to hear about you and H and new place!<P>I'll be watching for you....<P>Debi<P>------------------<BR>Imagine....
Posted By: ohbratti1 Re: The Cat's Out of the Bag - 04/24/01 07:35 PM
Welcome back!
Posted By: Raskal Re: The Cat's Out of the Bag - 04/24/01 08:07 PM
Welcome back, Catnip! I was just wondering to myself the other day where you were, if you were okay and that you would certainly be a big help to diffuse the situation on the board. <P>Glad to see things are going well and that you are settled. <BR>Now I'm singing "from the land of sky blue waters...waters......"
Posted By: Jtigger Re: The Cat's Out of the Bag - 04/24/01 09:43 PM
WELCOME BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!<BR>
Posted By: terri Re: The Cat's Out of the Bag - 04/24/01 10:42 PM
Well, I think everyone has missed you, Catnip! And I'm glad to see you back, too! We have had way too much fun in your absence, I'm afraid ... well, maybe fun is NOT the right word to use?<P>Anyway, WELCOME BACK! And glad you are settling in. And even MORE glad to hear that your husband is finding peace and that you both are doing so well!<P>As for my presence here - well, when I found out that there was trouble over here - I couldn't NOT come by and offer my support. I tried to bring the cavalry, too ... I think we did ok, right folks?<P>------------------<BR>terri<BR><B>Courage</B><P>Whatever course you decide upon,<BR>there is always someone to tell you<BR>that you are wrong.<P>There are always difficulties arising<BR>which tempt you to believe that your <BR>critics are right.<P>To map out a course of action <BR>and follow it to an end <BR>requires courage.<P><I>Ralph Waldo Emerson</I>
Posted By: Samantha * Re: The Cat's Out of the Bag - 04/25/01 12:29 AM
<B>Catnip =^^=</B><P>I am sorry it took me so long to get to this thread. How wonderful to see you again. Thanx for the update too.<P>Did you post on the long thread on GQII started by <B>New Begining</B> ? If not you really should. It's been quite a gas.<P>Hugs honey and glad you back here and posting.<P>Much love of course,<P>------------------<BR><B>God bless you and all of us. We are all going to make it, all of us! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] With God on our side we can't lose! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] What God has joined together let no man put asunder. <P>Samantha</B><p>[This message has been edited by A blessed Samantha (edited April 24, 2001).]
Posted By: gemini1 Re: The Cat's Out of the Bag - 04/25/01 12:29 AM
terri...you've done a GREAT job! Thanks.<P>And Catnip...again...welcome back, I've really missed you.<P>Debi<P>------------------<BR>Imagine....
Posted By: happy_girl Re: The Cat's Out of the Bag - 04/25/01 01:46 AM
welcome back dear catnip! you were missed tons. i am so happy for you that you are doing so well. you sound terrific. this move is what you needed. i am glad you are back here, it has been quite an emotional roller coaster here lately. i can barely keep up with everyone, and i am so glad we are finally ignoring our intruders! <P>did i say we missed you? and that i am so glad you are back?? LOL. meow....hiss<P>happy_girl
Posted By: catnip Re: The Cat's Out of the Bag - 04/25/01 03:58 AM
What a warm wonderful welcome (sniff)...you guys are wonderfully purr-fect. There's a MB Weekend planned for the weekend of the May 18 & 19 in Minneapolis but it is sooo expensive. I would love to go just to meet some of the forum members and attend some of the seminars but alas, no cash. Maybe I'll hang out outside the building and smoke cigarettes and watch for nametags. (I don't smoke anymore...much)<P>Carriemom: I didn't know you were still here and lurking! I was going to call you next week just to check up on you. What have you heard, if anything? Still quiet? Is that good, or unnerving? How are you and J doing? You do sound pretty centered...<P>Heavenly: Hey. It's an open invitation. I've got the pot on (coffee!!!!) and ready at all times.<P>K: Aha! I thought so! You ARE old enough to remember those commercials. Hahahaha. But, I bet like others in our age group, you have put away the tie-dyed for one of those pricey Jerry Garcia neck ties to make a statement at work, n'est pas? A true dead-head. I raise a spoonful of Cherry Garcia in your honor. BTW, have you ever noticed that those piliated woodpeckers are eerily akin to terradactyls? Distant relative I am sure. Their call is very prehistoric as well. Creepy.<P>Leelee, buddy-buddy. How many churches have taken out extra insurance since your candle burning has gone from the sublime to the excessive? Hahaha. I know you've been praying for me because I can feel it. Besides, one cannot drive down these forest roads and walk in these woods and not feel a connection with God. Leelee, I'm not angry (with God) anymore. I have a new e-mail address and will write to you tomorrow and send it onto you.<P>Tigger: Happy Girl e-mailed me the new information and I will logon to see your new beauriful daughter. How is Abbi doing? Is she a good baby and cries only when hungry or wet and lets you sleep through the night yet? How are you feeling? I miss bantering with Gregg. I feel as though I need a good round with Gregg to sharpen my skills, however, being gone so long, I've lost some of my edge.<P>Broken Wings: You've all done a great job at making the intruders into catfood, however, I truly believe it is better to take away their power by not responding...and, oooh, it is so hard not to because of the buttons they push and the somewhat perverted enjoyment we (I-I should only speak for myself) get at unloading and venting on them when they dare show their ugly persona. It is hard not to react and view them as our own OW. But, apparantly you have all been successful at both getting in some licks and still eventually diffusing the situation. Now that we have a moderator to keep us in check and lock annoying threads, we may be better able to adhere to the principles.<P>Flowerseed: You must be into a 'worm' thing lately as I read in one of your posts where you expressed awe at the potential talent of someone's WS of having the ability to stretch his 'worm' across a couple states! You must be doing heavy garden duty getting those beds ready for seed...all those worms!<P>Terri: Personally, I have always appreciated members from GQ II coming here to reinforce or to offer advice. I know if I were not at this site in the forum, I would be drawn to it a little like watching parimedics at an accident scene...something where your heart reaches out to comfort and understand and yet ever so grateful it ain't me laying there. I suppose this is one thing that the others on GQ II fear most and are drop to their knees grateful this horror did not happen to them, knowing full well it certainly could have. Oh, but for the grace of God. At first I was afraid no one from the other sites on the forum would ever come here, that we would be forever isolated from the others because our situation is just too awful to face and because they would view this as a place where the "crud" could rub off on them somehow...like typhoid, measles, mumps, chicken pox, scarlet fever...the plague. And yet, you don the armor and go into battle for us, calling the calvary and fighting the eeee-vil intruders on our behalf. I thank you for your non-judgmental support respecting that not all of us can accept an OC....like me. I love having you and Deb here and whenever I get a moment I go to GQ and read your posts. I know a lot about your situation and have kept up and am disappointed at the outcome for you. I had such high hopes when you and your husband had to ride together on the motorcycle on that long trip to the family gathering (funeral?) and being together for all that time. I was hoping something would connect for you two.<P>Samantha: I have not had a chance to get to GQ and read anything there, but I will check out New Beginning's thread as soon as I get through this backlog of reading here. Catching up is an awesome task!<P>Happy Girl: Catfood! I will send you my new e-mail address tomorrow. I don't have AOL anymore; can't get it here and I am having a tough time figuring out how to make it around the internet without it. You sound good, too, Happy Girl. When I left a few weeks ago, I must admit I was concerned about you...you seemed to drop out for a while and I was afraid you weren't coming back. I know you keep in touch with Babstr..how is she doing? Does she lurk? Give her my love.<P>Bystander: I love ya<P>Raskal, Ohbratti, cd, JTigger, takingcare and Gem, dear Gem...I missed you all, too and I am so glad to hear from all of you. And cd, I got your e-mail and will read your posts to catch up and will write you tomorrow...<P>Is anyone going to Minneapolis for the MB Weekend?<P>Catnip =^^= <p>[This message has been edited by catnip (edited April 24, 2001).]
Posted By: Jenny Re: The Cat's Out of the Bag - 04/25/01 06:37 AM
catnip,<BR>you sound great!!!!!!! Soooo happy for you!!!!!! I'm great tooo!!! Ecstatic, practically! My trip was mixed, some good and some not. My 2yo really had a rough time traveling. But DH and I are better than ever and I wouldn't trade today for anything. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>Love,<BR>Jenny
Posted By: carriemom Re: The Cat's Out of the Bag - 04/25/01 02:45 PM
Catnip - <P>We have not heard a thing, same old, same old. Now we need to figure out how to just tuck this part of it away on a shelf for now. I am driving myself crazy, but I did drive by her house for the first time on Good Friday of all days. I was taking my daughters to my Dad's Barbershop in Richfield and she lives real near there, it was on my way. So I did a drive by, didn't see anything - was thinking maybe like a stroller or a sign on the garage door - I don't know. It was just something I felt compelled to do, just curious I guess, I suppose I did see "the car" in the driveway, that kind of made me sick.<P>Well, as I said I guess we have to learn to live with the fact we may never know but it could flare up at anytime. Our pastor said that bad things can happen to us at anytime, death, loss of a job, accident, kids making a wrong choice, but we can't sit and worry about these things everyday and let it eat away at us - this is one of those things. I still think I could just know if she did in fact have a baby that I would be satisfied with that and move on, because if she didn't I have nothing to "tuck away", I just need to heal from the betrayal. But if she did then I just move on with the possibility in mind but it won't control my life.<P>Well, I am rambling now.<P>Again, it is so great to have you back - let me know what you think about me/us "shelving" this for now.<P>Hugs,<BR>Carrie
Posted By: gabi1116 Re: The Cat's Out of the Bag - 04/25/01 03:22 PM
Catnip, I too was quite excited when I saw this thread and that you had started it. So glad to see you back and hooked up to cyberworld. Your new house and setting sounds perfect, I am so happy that things for you are turning out this way. Glad to hear how well your Hubby is doing. Yes, things here have been crazy, I have tried to stay low key, but at times it was too hard. Things with me have had their ups and downs, the visitation is movely along. My h says it is going okay, the time he is spending with oc. My children and I will be meeting the oc in two weeks, it was pushed back one week, it should have been this coming sunday, but it will be next. Technical reasons which came via our lawyer, I am not going to object I still have a lot of psyching up to do. The ow is as always giving my h problems at each pickup and drop off. I have discussed all this with our lawyer and he is not happy and promises to fix her butt and make her attitude disappear. Oh and by the way to all...she is now pregnant, my h noticed a basketball in her belly this past week at pick up. But that is all for another thread which I have been meaning to start. Again, WELCOME BACK CATNIP..MEOW..GABI1116<p>[This message has been edited by gabi1116 (edited April 25, 2001).]
Posted By: tmdt Re: The Cat's Out of the Bag - 04/25/01 08:14 PM
I am new to this site and new to the unfortunate situation we are all in. It sounds like there is hope to renew a marriage. My h and I are now waiting the arrival of the oc May 25 and it is the most agonizing thing I have ever been through. When I found out about the whole ordeal I was 7 months pregnant with our second child. Someone replied to my post about suing the ow and they told me you are suing the ow. If that is true could you please help me I too live in MN and if ther is anything I can do to make her pay for the turmoil she has put me through I need to know. Not that I want money but she needs to realize the hurt she has caused. I have a post so please if you can help let me know. I apologize if you are not the right person. <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by catnip:<BR><B>Aaaaacccckkk! Flowerseed's right. I don't recognize this place! I hooked up last night and have spent several hours reading posts to catch up and I was stunned at what has been happening here. That being said, I am delighted we have a moderator...it kind of makes us 'official', does it not? But, most of all...how I have missed you all...Leelee, cdcollins, Heavenly, Flowerseed, Gregg, Happy Girl, Broken Wings, Middelman, Tigger, Jenny (how was your trip???), takingcare, Gemini, Zebra, Gabi, Ohbratti, aloneandsad, blue, K, Bystander et al. I see Terri and Bozos Deb are here from GQ II and I love that. Those compassionate oldtimers have so much to offer the newbies and give us all so much support. All the oldtimers here have their work cut out for them with the endless assaults the site is enduring from 'crashers'. And so many newbies, which saddens me, yet I am so grateful they have found this haven of love and support, comfort and advice...a place to unload their burdens and restore marriages.<P>As Jerry Garcia said, "What a long strange trip it's been." The move went well considering how looooong it has taken me to settle in. So many things to do. I found renter's for my house and am reaffirming with the mortgage people which may or may not work out because of the bank...we'll see. The house I live in is heaven. It isn't so much the house as it is just a basic house...no bells or whistles but it does have a great kitchen and the view is amazing. Every night around dusk, a herd of deer tromp through my yard and have successfully made the yard's arborvitaes into topiaries (hahaha) and from the moment I wake up until I go to sleep, the loons call to each other throughout the day. Loon calls has to be my favorite sound in all the world. <P>There are fox and piliated woodpeckers, wood ducks and I am surrounded by hundred foot white cedars and birch trees. The lake view looks like a Hamm's Beer commercial (for those of you old enough to remember them..."from the land of sky blue waters...waters..."<P>The people up here are wonderful...warm, friendly, quirky and interesting...kind of like Northern Exposure and the roads are windy and hilly where we are. The peaceful quiet is balm for the soul and we both sleep like the dead. Something that has eluded both of us for three years. <P>I am looking more relaxed, smile and laugh more, feel as though I am rekindling my damaged relationship with God and my husband and I are enjoying each other like never before.<P>Something has happened to my husband these past few months, even before the move. His medication has been a miracle drug. He no longer has the profound deep depression, no longer gives into rage, no longer has the reckless behavior and makes terrible decisions, nor is he ever unkind or hurtful. He has developed a new appreciation for me and for our marriage and is grateful for this amazing opportunity. A chance to heal...and it has been a true rebirth for both of us.<P>I do not agree with the crashers that once a cheater, always a cheater. I think the majority of us here are dealing with a "fluke" in our marraige and especially on this site, our husband's are not serial cheaters like the lurkers' husbands are/were. What happened to me will never happen again. As someone here said, our husbands are not likely to repeat something so devastating that impacts their lives forever and ruins the marriage and devastates us so. What my husband and I have found because of all this is something so incredible, I never in my wildest dreams ever thought it could be any better than it was before, but it is. I used to come here a lament "I want my life back before the A and before OC"...and strangely enough, I have it, only better, with a deeper and more intense understanding, compassion and cohesiveness that is such a gift...I admit I still wish with all my heart we could have attained this 'nirvana' without the OW/OC entering into the picture because my vanity and my ego craves and longs for the exclusivity. But, I am learning not to focus on it too much anymore and have evolved into an 'acceptance' phase in my recovery.<P>Dear Friends, I am so glad to be back for I have missed you all so much. I have many more posts to read and catch up on so I will be busy with that for a while. Thanks for caring so much and making me feel missed. <P>Love<P>Catnip =^^=<P>[This message has been edited by catnip (edited April 24, 2001).]</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><P>------------------<BR>
Posted By: tmdt Re: The Cat's Out of the Bag - 04/25/01 08:20 PM
I am new to this site and new to the unfortunate situation we are all in. It sounds like there is hope to renew a marriage. My h and I are now waiting the arrival of the oc May 25 and it is the most agonizing thing I have ever been through. When I found out about the whole ordeal I was 7 months pregnant with our second child. Someone replied to my post about suing the ow and they told me you are suing the ow. If that is true could you please help me I too live in MN and if ther is anything I can do to make her pay for the turmoil she has put me through I need to know. Not that I want money but she needs to realize the hurt she has caused. I have a post so please if you can help let me know. I apologize if you are not the right person. <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by catnip:<BR><B>Aaaaacccckkk! Flowerseed's right. I don't recognize this place! I hooked up last night and have spent several hours reading posts to catch up and I was stunned at what has been happening here. That being said, I am delighted we have a moderator...it kind of makes us 'official', does it not? But, most of all...how I have missed you all...Leelee, cdcollins, Heavenly, Flowerseed, Gregg, Happy Girl, Broken Wings, Middelman, Tigger, Jenny (how was your trip???), takingcare, Gemini, Zebra, Gabi, Ohbratti, aloneandsad, blue, K, Bystander et al. I see Terri and Bozos Deb are here from GQ II and I love that. Those compassionate oldtimers have so much to offer the newbies and give us all so much support. All the oldtimers here have their work cut out for them with the endless assaults the site is enduring from 'crashers'. And so many newbies, which saddens me, yet I am so grateful they have found this haven of love and support, comfort and advice...a place to unload their burdens and restore marriages.<P>As Jerry Garcia said, "What a long strange trip it's been." The move went well considering how looooong it has taken me to settle in. So many things to do. I found renter's for my house and am reaffirming with the mortgage people which may or may not work out because of the bank...we'll see. The house I live in is heaven. It isn't so much the house as it is just a basic house...no bells or whistles but it does have a great kitchen and the view is amazing. Every night around dusk, a herd of deer tromp through my yard and have successfully made the yard's arborvitaes into topiaries (hahaha) and from the moment I wake up until I go to sleep, the loons call to each other throughout the day. Loon calls has to be my favorite sound in all the world. <P>There are fox and piliated woodpeckers, wood ducks and I am surrounded by hundred foot white cedars and birch trees. The lake view looks like a Hamm's Beer commercial (for those of you old enough to remember them..."from the land of sky blue waters...waters..."<P>The people up here are wonderful...warm, friendly, quirky and interesting...kind of like Northern Exposure and the roads are windy and hilly where we are. The peaceful quiet is balm for the soul and we both sleep like the dead. Something that has eluded both of us for three years. <P>I am looking more relaxed, smile and laugh more, feel as though I am rekindling my damaged relationship with God and my husband and I are enjoying each other like never before.<P>Something has happened to my husband these past few months, even before the move. His medication has been a miracle drug. He no longer has the profound deep depression, no longer gives into rage, no longer has the reckless behavior and makes terrible decisions, nor is he ever unkind or hurtful. He has developed a new appreciation for me and for our marriage and is grateful for this amazing opportunity. A chance to heal...and it has been a true rebirth for both of us.<P>I do not agree with the crashers that once a cheater, always a cheater. I think the majority of us here are dealing with a "fluke" in our marraige and especially on this site, our husband's are not serial cheaters like the lurkers' husbands are/were. What happened to me will never happen again. As someone here said, our husbands are not likely to repeat something so devastating that impacts their lives forever and ruins the marriage and devastates us so. What my husband and I have found because of all this is something so incredible, I never in my wildest dreams ever thought it could be any better than it was before, but it is. I used to come here a lament "I want my life back before the A and before OC"...and strangely enough, I have it, only better, with a deeper and more intense understanding, compassion and cohesiveness that is such a gift...I admit I still wish with all my heart we could have attained this 'nirvana' without the OW/OC entering into the picture because my vanity and my ego craves and longs for the exclusivity. But, I am learning not to focus on it too much anymore and have evolved into an 'acceptance' phase in my recovery.<P>Dear Friends, I am so glad to be back for I have missed you all so much. I have many more posts to read and catch up on so I will be busy with that for a while. Thanks for caring so much and making me feel missed. <P>Love<P>Catnip =^^=<P>[This message has been edited by catnip (edited April 24, 2001).]</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><P>------------------<BR>
Posted By: babstr Re: The Cat's Out of the Bag - 04/26/01 02:42 AM
catnip,<P>Welcome back! yes, I have been lurking. But my life has been on a whirlwind, and I haven't had much time to get on the computer. And like you said it is hard to catch up. I am trying to communicate some more, and get my house back on track. <P>I am so happy for you, it sounds like you have found a peaceful place. I am happy that you get a fresh start. <P>babstr.<P>
Posted By: zebrababy Re: The Cat's Out of the Bag - 04/27/01 12:55 PM
As usual a day late and a dollar short. <P>Catnip forgive my tariness. Welcome home. I missed you terribly and got warm waves of excitement when I saw you were back. <P>We've all been through some crazy suff, on the forum and personally since you've been gone. I personally missed having your well though and verbalized advice in response to my own personal issues.<P>glad to hear your life is sooooo peaceful and full. Keep us posted, perhaps your serinity will rub off on us!<P>missed you dearly,<P>------------------<BR>Zebra Baby ...<P>Lord, give me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.
Posted By: GLynton Re: The Cat's Out of the Bag - 04/28/01 07:39 AM
Hey Cat,<P> I just read your post, been away for a while. I wish you could know how much your posts make me think, make me examine my decisions, explore my feelings,***** think twice before I open my mouth! <P><BR> I'm glad you're here!!( Do you know how many Greatful Dead t-shirts I have?!!!)<P><BR> God bless you, <P>------------------<BR>Gregg
Posted By: GLynton Re: The Cat's Out of the Bag - 04/28/01 07:47 AM
Hey Cat,<P><BR> I also have a green t-shirt with Floyd the barber from "Andy Griffith" on it, in pink.<P><BR> The caption is "Pink Floyd".<P><BR> God bless you,<P>------------------<BR>Gregg
Posted By: flowerseed Re: The Cat's Out of the Bag - 04/28/01 11:30 AM
gregg,<BR>You made me remember a t shirt I used to have it said TRUST ME and had a greanchy looking creature on it. I wonder if I could find another one. with love flowerseed
Posted By: GLynton Re: The Cat's Out of the Bag - 04/29/01 05:19 AM
Hey Cat,<P> Those piliated woodpeckers are descendants of raptors!!!! My God, be careful!!!<P><BR> God bless you(and peckers),<P>------------------<BR>Gregg
Posted By: GLynton Re: The Cat's Out of the Bag - 04/29/01 02:20 AM
Hey Kittynip,<P><BR> I was siting here,writing you a note, and I saw some impact tremor ripples in my coffee! *********************************************<BR> MY GOD WOMAN!!!GET OUT OF THERE!!!!!!<P> God bless you run,run, run,run, run,<P>------------------<BR>Gregg
Posted By: GLynton Re: The Cat's Out of the Bag - 05/04/01 02:53 AM
Hey Catnap,<P><BR> Stay away from outhouses!!! T-Rexs are attracted to them!!<P><BR> God bless you,<P>------------------<BR>Gregg
Posted By: catnip Re: The Cat's Out of the Bag - 05/04/01 03:48 AM
So I've heard...<P>Kitty-nip? Catnap? You're too funny, Gregg...how the heck are ya?<P>I'm glad to see you're having fun with the forum and bringing lighthearted levity to us. We need it!<P>I've been away for a while again making many round trips back and forth from the city to the forest and back again every weekend for the past five weekends. Fighting highway hypnosis every step of the way.<P>Catnip =^^-
Posted By: GLynton Re: The Cat's Out of the Bag - 05/04/01 04:05 AM
Hey Cat!!!!!!!<P> I'm good! How the h*ll are you! I missed you!!! Hey, we have a band goin' here, you want in?<P><BR> God bless you,<P>------------------<BR>Gregg
Posted By: happy_girl Re: The Cat's Out of the Bag - 05/04/01 06:16 AM
welcome back catnip!!! isn't glynton just the funniest. i just love him. i am so glad you are back catnip!! though kittynip and catnap were funny too. you know my cat hates catnip?? she is so weird.<P>love, happy_girl
Posted By: anniem Re: The Cat's Out of the Bag - 05/04/01 03:17 PM
Hi there!!Long time, no see!!!<P>It's soooo good to have you back and sounding so upbeat.<P>I'm trying to post more often...shrink says I need to reach out more instead of staying in an emotional cocoon, so I'm "reaching."<P>love, anniem
Posted By: Leelee Re: The Cat's Out of the Bag - 05/04/01 04:18 PM
Hey momasita,<BR>How have you been? e-mail me when you get a sec!
Posted By: GLynton Re: The Cat's Out of the Bag - 05/06/01 04:22 AM
Hey Cat-in-the-hat,<P><BR> Come back and say "Hi"!!<P><BR> God bless you,<P>------------------<BR>Gregg
Posted By: catnip Re: The Cat's Out of the Bag - 05/06/01 03:35 PM
I'll be in the band if they play Cat Scratch Fever, What's New Pussycat and I'll have the caterers serve Chicken CAT-chatorie. It will be purrrr-fectly wonderful.<P>HG: Your CAT HATES catnip??? My cat loved catnip. He could smell it through the grocery bag when I brought it in the door and would weave himself through my legs as I walked through the house trying to get to the kitchen. I can't imagine a cat hating catnip...it would be like us hating Absolut and grapefruit juice.<P>Leelee: Mon frer, mon ami...I've missed you and will e-mail you later. You started quite a thread! You said "No Replies" and have gotten nothing but! Hahahaha...now that's what I call reverse psychology.<P>Anniem: You're back! Me too...sort of. Still in the midst of a mess and around a lot less than usual but that should change soon.<P>Catnip =^^=
Posted By: happy_girl Re: The Cat's Out of the Bag - 05/07/01 05:11 AM
catnip,<P>i know my cat is soo weird. i have gotten her catnip several times, and she could care less. i wanted to put it on her scratching board so she wouldn't scratch my sofa! and i also put it in her toys. she is just weird. <P>laters!<P>happy_girl
Posted By: GLynton Re: The Cat's Out of the Bag - 05/07/01 01:25 AM
Hey Happy Girl RN,<P> You think your cat's weird! I keep finding my cat in the closet sniffing glue!!<P> God bless you (meow),<P>------------------<BR>Gregg
Posted By: GLynton Re: The Cat's Out of the Bag - 05/13/01 12:09 AM
Hey Cat-tastrophy,<P><BR> We miss you!<P> God bless you,<P><P>------------------<BR>Gregg
Posted By: LyntonG Re: The Cat's Out of the Bag - 05/13/01 04:19 AM
Hey Cat,<P> How are you?? I missed you!! ( It's me, Gregg, don't have a clue how I screwed up my user name.)<P> How goes it with you, kiddo??<P><BR> God bless you,<P>------------------<BR>Gregg
Posted By: catnip Re: The Cat's Out of the Bag - 05/13/01 04:44 AM
Gregg:<P>I am here but intermittently for a while. So much is going on right now. My husband's meds need to be adjusted because they don't seem to be working anymore even though he is taking them religiously. His behavior has become 'expansive', loud and he is beginning to display alarming old behavior once again which is a huge red flag for his Bipolar disease. He acts drunk but I can't smell anything on him and have not found any "Exhibit A" in the trash or hidden in strange places (and I look). He is so warm and wonderful to me, so remorseful yet desperate to do anything for me to make up for all the adjustments I ahve had to make because of all he has done.<P>Our kids are here for the weekend, too, for Mother's Day. Ha! Mother's Day! All I've done for the past 36 hours is cook. I am exhausted.<P>Just thought I would drop in to shoot off my mouth.<P>Thanks for caring enough to keep me in the loop.<P>You sound happy, Gregg, but it could be a coverup...you OK? <P>Catnip =^^=
Posted By: LyntonG Re: The Cat's Out of the Bag - 05/13/01 04:55 AM
Hey Cat,<P> Yeah, I'm OK. How bout you??<P><BR> You got me worried about you, you sure you're ok??? I mean, with all that's goin' on, and Moms' day tomorrow. You OK??<P> God bles you,<P>------------------<BR>Gregg
Posted By: LyntonG Re: The Cat's Out of the Bag - 05/13/01 05:47 AM
Hey Cat-dog (it's a cartoon Linzi watches),<P><BR> What 'cha cookin'??<P><BR> God bless you,<P>------------------<BR>Gregg
Posted By: gemini1 Re: The Cat's Out of the Bag - 05/13/01 05:51 AM
Lynton G...(heh heh ) My goddaughters screen name is catdogflea!!!!!!! ha ha hha haaa hhhaaa <P>Love, <BR>Debi<P>------------------<BR>Imagine....
Posted By: gemini1 Re: The Cat's Out of the Bag - 05/13/01 05:54 AM
Lynton G...(heh heh ) My goddaughters screen name is catdogflea!!!!!!! ha ha hha haaa hhhaaa <P>Love, <BR>Debi<P>------------------<BR>Imagine....
Posted By: LyntonG Re: The Cat's Out of the Bag - 05/13/01 06:01 AM
Hey Gemini,<P> My daughters user name is "discogirl"!!<P><BR> Takes me back to 1972!!<P><BR> God bless you,<P> <P>------------------<BR>Gregg
Posted By: LyntonG Re: The Cat's Out of the Bag - 05/13/01 06:48 AM
Hey Guys, <P> I'm going to camp out in our tent in the back yard with "discogirl"!! Good night!!<P><BR> God bless you,<P>------------------<BR>Gregg
Posted By: LyntonG Re: The Cat's Out of the Bag - 05/13/01 07:18 AM
Hey Cat,<P><BR> You have been like the best Mom to so many people on this site!! You are the best!!!<P> God bless you,<P>------------------<BR>Gregg
Posted By: LyntonG Re: The Cat's Out of the Bag - 05/13/01 07:25 AM
Happy Mothers' Day, Catnip!!<P> We love you!!!!<P>------------------<BR>Gregg
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums