Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
J
J
catnip,<BR>you sound great!!!!!!! Soooo happy for you!!!!!! I'm great tooo!!! Ecstatic, practically! My trip was mixed, some good and some not. My 2yo really had a rough time traveling. But DH and I are better than ever and I wouldn't trade today for anything. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>Love,<BR>Jenny

C
C
Catnip - <P>We have not heard a thing, same old, same old. Now we need to figure out how to just tuck this part of it away on a shelf for now. I am driving myself crazy, but I did drive by her house for the first time on Good Friday of all days. I was taking my daughters to my Dad's Barbershop in Richfield and she lives real near there, it was on my way. So I did a drive by, didn't see anything - was thinking maybe like a stroller or a sign on the garage door - I don't know. It was just something I felt compelled to do, just curious I guess, I suppose I did see "the car" in the driveway, that kind of made me sick.<P>Well, as I said I guess we have to learn to live with the fact we may never know but it could flare up at anytime. Our pastor said that bad things can happen to us at anytime, death, loss of a job, accident, kids making a wrong choice, but we can't sit and worry about these things everyday and let it eat away at us - this is one of those things. I still think I could just know if she did in fact have a baby that I would be satisfied with that and move on, because if she didn't I have nothing to "tuck away", I just need to heal from the betrayal. But if she did then I just move on with the possibility in mind but it won't control my life.<P>Well, I am rambling now.<P>Again, it is so great to have you back - let me know what you think about me/us "shelving" this for now.<P>Hugs,<BR>Carrie

G
G
Catnip, I too was quite excited when I saw this thread and that you had started it. So glad to see you back and hooked up to cyberworld. Your new house and setting sounds perfect, I am so happy that things for you are turning out this way. Glad to hear how well your Hubby is doing. Yes, things here have been crazy, I have tried to stay low key, but at times it was too hard. Things with me have had their ups and downs, the visitation is movely along. My h says it is going okay, the time he is spending with oc. My children and I will be meeting the oc in two weeks, it was pushed back one week, it should have been this coming sunday, but it will be next. Technical reasons which came via our lawyer, I am not going to object I still have a lot of psyching up to do. The ow is as always giving my h problems at each pickup and drop off. I have discussed all this with our lawyer and he is not happy and promises to fix her butt and make her attitude disappear. Oh and by the way to all...she is now pregnant, my h noticed a basketball in her belly this past week at pick up. But that is all for another thread which I have been meaning to start. Again, WELCOME BACK CATNIP..MEOW..GABI1116<p>[This message has been edited by gabi1116 (edited April 25, 2001).]

T
T
I am new to this site and new to the unfortunate situation we are all in. It sounds like there is hope to renew a marriage. My h and I are now waiting the arrival of the oc May 25 and it is the most agonizing thing I have ever been through. When I found out about the whole ordeal I was 7 months pregnant with our second child. Someone replied to my post about suing the ow and they told me you are suing the ow. If that is true could you please help me I too live in MN and if ther is anything I can do to make her pay for the turmoil she has put me through I need to know. Not that I want money but she needs to realize the hurt she has caused. I have a post so please if you can help let me know. I apologize if you are not the right person. <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by catnip:<BR><B>Aaaaacccckkk! Flowerseed's right. I don't recognize this place! I hooked up last night and have spent several hours reading posts to catch up and I was stunned at what has been happening here. That being said, I am delighted we have a moderator...it kind of makes us 'official', does it not? But, most of all...how I have missed you all...Leelee, cdcollins, Heavenly, Flowerseed, Gregg, Happy Girl, Broken Wings, Middelman, Tigger, Jenny (how was your trip???), takingcare, Gemini, Zebra, Gabi, Ohbratti, aloneandsad, blue, K, Bystander et al. I see Terri and Bozos Deb are here from GQ II and I love that. Those compassionate oldtimers have so much to offer the newbies and give us all so much support. All the oldtimers here have their work cut out for them with the endless assaults the site is enduring from 'crashers'. And so many newbies, which saddens me, yet I am so grateful they have found this haven of love and support, comfort and advice...a place to unload their burdens and restore marriages.<P>As Jerry Garcia said, "What a long strange trip it's been." The move went well considering how looooong it has taken me to settle in. So many things to do. I found renter's for my house and am reaffirming with the mortgage people which may or may not work out because of the bank...we'll see. The house I live in is heaven. It isn't so much the house as it is just a basic house...no bells or whistles but it does have a great kitchen and the view is amazing. Every night around dusk, a herd of deer tromp through my yard and have successfully made the yard's arborvitaes into topiaries (hahaha) and from the moment I wake up until I go to sleep, the loons call to each other throughout the day. Loon calls has to be my favorite sound in all the world. <P>There are fox and piliated woodpeckers, wood ducks and I am surrounded by hundred foot white cedars and birch trees. The lake view looks like a Hamm's Beer commercial (for those of you old enough to remember them..."from the land of sky blue waters...waters..."<P>The people up here are wonderful...warm, friendly, quirky and interesting...kind of like Northern Exposure and the roads are windy and hilly where we are. The peaceful quiet is balm for the soul and we both sleep like the dead. Something that has eluded both of us for three years. <P>I am looking more relaxed, smile and laugh more, feel as though I am rekindling my damaged relationship with God and my husband and I are enjoying each other like never before.<P>Something has happened to my husband these past few months, even before the move. His medication has been a miracle drug. He no longer has the profound deep depression, no longer gives into rage, no longer has the reckless behavior and makes terrible decisions, nor is he ever unkind or hurtful. He has developed a new appreciation for me and for our marriage and is grateful for this amazing opportunity. A chance to heal...and it has been a true rebirth for both of us.<P>I do not agree with the crashers that once a cheater, always a cheater. I think the majority of us here are dealing with a "fluke" in our marraige and especially on this site, our husband's are not serial cheaters like the lurkers' husbands are/were. What happened to me will never happen again. As someone here said, our husbands are not likely to repeat something so devastating that impacts their lives forever and ruins the marriage and devastates us so. What my husband and I have found because of all this is something so incredible, I never in my wildest dreams ever thought it could be any better than it was before, but it is. I used to come here a lament "I want my life back before the A and before OC"...and strangely enough, I have it, only better, with a deeper and more intense understanding, compassion and cohesiveness that is such a gift...I admit I still wish with all my heart we could have attained this 'nirvana' without the OW/OC entering into the picture because my vanity and my ego craves and longs for the exclusivity. But, I am learning not to focus on it too much anymore and have evolved into an 'acceptance' phase in my recovery.<P>Dear Friends, I am so glad to be back for I have missed you all so much. I have many more posts to read and catch up on so I will be busy with that for a while. Thanks for caring so much and making me feel missed. <P>Love<P>Catnip =^^=<P>[This message has been edited by catnip (edited April 24, 2001).]</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><P>------------------<BR>

T
T
I am new to this site and new to the unfortunate situation we are all in. It sounds like there is hope to renew a marriage. My h and I are now waiting the arrival of the oc May 25 and it is the most agonizing thing I have ever been through. When I found out about the whole ordeal I was 7 months pregnant with our second child. Someone replied to my post about suing the ow and they told me you are suing the ow. If that is true could you please help me I too live in MN and if ther is anything I can do to make her pay for the turmoil she has put me through I need to know. Not that I want money but she needs to realize the hurt she has caused. I have a post so please if you can help let me know. I apologize if you are not the right person. <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by catnip:<BR><B>Aaaaacccckkk! Flowerseed's right. I don't recognize this place! I hooked up last night and have spent several hours reading posts to catch up and I was stunned at what has been happening here. That being said, I am delighted we have a moderator...it kind of makes us 'official', does it not? But, most of all...how I have missed you all...Leelee, cdcollins, Heavenly, Flowerseed, Gregg, Happy Girl, Broken Wings, Middelman, Tigger, Jenny (how was your trip???), takingcare, Gemini, Zebra, Gabi, Ohbratti, aloneandsad, blue, K, Bystander et al. I see Terri and Bozos Deb are here from GQ II and I love that. Those compassionate oldtimers have so much to offer the newbies and give us all so much support. All the oldtimers here have their work cut out for them with the endless assaults the site is enduring from 'crashers'. And so many newbies, which saddens me, yet I am so grateful they have found this haven of love and support, comfort and advice...a place to unload their burdens and restore marriages.<P>As Jerry Garcia said, "What a long strange trip it's been." The move went well considering how looooong it has taken me to settle in. So many things to do. I found renter's for my house and am reaffirming with the mortgage people which may or may not work out because of the bank...we'll see. The house I live in is heaven. It isn't so much the house as it is just a basic house...no bells or whistles but it does have a great kitchen and the view is amazing. Every night around dusk, a herd of deer tromp through my yard and have successfully made the yard's arborvitaes into topiaries (hahaha) and from the moment I wake up until I go to sleep, the loons call to each other throughout the day. Loon calls has to be my favorite sound in all the world. <P>There are fox and piliated woodpeckers, wood ducks and I am surrounded by hundred foot white cedars and birch trees. The lake view looks like a Hamm's Beer commercial (for those of you old enough to remember them..."from the land of sky blue waters...waters..."<P>The people up here are wonderful...warm, friendly, quirky and interesting...kind of like Northern Exposure and the roads are windy and hilly where we are. The peaceful quiet is balm for the soul and we both sleep like the dead. Something that has eluded both of us for three years. <P>I am looking more relaxed, smile and laugh more, feel as though I am rekindling my damaged relationship with God and my husband and I are enjoying each other like never before.<P>Something has happened to my husband these past few months, even before the move. His medication has been a miracle drug. He no longer has the profound deep depression, no longer gives into rage, no longer has the reckless behavior and makes terrible decisions, nor is he ever unkind or hurtful. He has developed a new appreciation for me and for our marriage and is grateful for this amazing opportunity. A chance to heal...and it has been a true rebirth for both of us.<P>I do not agree with the crashers that once a cheater, always a cheater. I think the majority of us here are dealing with a "fluke" in our marraige and especially on this site, our husband's are not serial cheaters like the lurkers' husbands are/were. What happened to me will never happen again. As someone here said, our husbands are not likely to repeat something so devastating that impacts their lives forever and ruins the marriage and devastates us so. What my husband and I have found because of all this is something so incredible, I never in my wildest dreams ever thought it could be any better than it was before, but it is. I used to come here a lament "I want my life back before the A and before OC"...and strangely enough, I have it, only better, with a deeper and more intense understanding, compassion and cohesiveness that is such a gift...I admit I still wish with all my heart we could have attained this 'nirvana' without the OW/OC entering into the picture because my vanity and my ego craves and longs for the exclusivity. But, I am learning not to focus on it too much anymore and have evolved into an 'acceptance' phase in my recovery.<P>Dear Friends, I am so glad to be back for I have missed you all so much. I have many more posts to read and catch up on so I will be busy with that for a while. Thanks for caring so much and making me feel missed. <P>Love<P>Catnip =^^=<P>[This message has been edited by catnip (edited April 24, 2001).]</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><P>------------------<BR>

B
B
catnip,<P>Welcome back! yes, I have been lurking. But my life has been on a whirlwind, and I haven't had much time to get on the computer. And like you said it is hard to catch up. I am trying to communicate some more, and get my house back on track. <P>I am so happy for you, it sounds like you have found a peaceful place. I am happy that you get a fresh start. <P>babstr.<P>

Z
Z
As usual a day late and a dollar short. <P>Catnip forgive my tariness. Welcome home. I missed you terribly and got warm waves of excitement when I saw you were back. <P>We've all been through some crazy suff, on the forum and personally since you've been gone. I personally missed having your well though and verbalized advice in response to my own personal issues.<P>glad to hear your life is sooooo peaceful and full. Keep us posted, perhaps your serinity will rub off on us!<P>missed you dearly,<P>------------------<BR>Zebra Baby ...<P>Lord, give me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

G
G
Hey Cat,<P> I just read your post, been away for a while. I wish you could know how much your posts make me think, make me examine my decisions, explore my feelings,***** think twice before I open my mouth! <P><BR> I'm glad you're here!!( Do you know how many Greatful Dead t-shirts I have?!!!)<P><BR> God bless you, <P>------------------<BR>Gregg

G
G
Hey Cat,<P><BR> I also have a green t-shirt with Floyd the barber from "Andy Griffith" on it, in pink.<P><BR> The caption is "Pink Floyd".<P><BR> God bless you,<P>------------------<BR>Gregg

F
F
gregg,<BR>You made me remember a t shirt I used to have it said TRUST ME and had a greanchy looking creature on it. I wonder if I could find another one. with love flowerseed

G
G
Hey Cat,<P> Those piliated woodpeckers are descendants of raptors!!!! My God, be careful!!!<P><BR> God bless you(and peckers),<P>------------------<BR>Gregg

G
G
Hey Kittynip,<P><BR> I was siting here,writing you a note, and I saw some impact tremor ripples in my coffee! *********************************************<BR> MY GOD WOMAN!!!GET OUT OF THERE!!!!!!<P> God bless you run,run, run,run, run,<P>------------------<BR>Gregg

G
G
Hey Catnap,<P><BR> Stay away from outhouses!!! T-Rexs are attracted to them!!<P><BR> God bless you,<P>------------------<BR>Gregg

C
catnip Offline OP
OP Offline
C
So I've heard...<P>Kitty-nip? Catnap? You're too funny, Gregg...how the heck are ya?<P>I'm glad to see you're having fun with the forum and bringing lighthearted levity to us. We need it!<P>I've been away for a while again making many round trips back and forth from the city to the forest and back again every weekend for the past five weekends. Fighting highway hypnosis every step of the way.<P>Catnip =^^-

G
G
Hey Cat!!!!!!!<P> I'm good! How the h*ll are you! I missed you!!! Hey, we have a band goin' here, you want in?<P><BR> God bless you,<P>------------------<BR>Gregg

H
H
welcome back catnip!!! isn't glynton just the funniest. i just love him. i am so glad you are back catnip!! though kittynip and catnap were funny too. you know my cat hates catnip?? she is so weird.<P>love, happy_girl

A
A
Hi there!!Long time, no see!!!<P>It's soooo good to have you back and sounding so upbeat.<P>I'm trying to post more often...shrink says I need to reach out more instead of staying in an emotional cocoon, so I'm "reaching."<P>love, anniem

L
L
Hey momasita,<BR>How have you been? e-mail me when you get a sec!

G
G
Hey Cat-in-the-hat,<P><BR> Come back and say "Hi"!!<P><BR> God bless you,<P>------------------<BR>Gregg

C
catnip Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I'll be in the band if they play Cat Scratch Fever, What's New Pussycat and I'll have the caterers serve Chicken CAT-chatorie. It will be purrrr-fectly wonderful.<P>HG: Your CAT HATES catnip??? My cat loved catnip. He could smell it through the grocery bag when I brought it in the door and would weave himself through my legs as I walked through the house trying to get to the kitchen. I can't imagine a cat hating catnip...it would be like us hating Absolut and grapefruit juice.<P>Leelee: Mon frer, mon ami...I've missed you and will e-mail you later. You started quite a thread! You said "No Replies" and have gotten nothing but! Hahahaha...now that's what I call reverse psychology.<P>Anniem: You're back! Me too...sort of. Still in the midst of a mess and around a lot less than usual but that should change soon.<P>Catnip =^^=

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation