Marriage Builders
This is really just a question I have wondered about for years.

People here on MB, when you met your spouse-- who chased who? I mean, I would be interested in seeing if there is any connection between shy, "stand offish" and downright Daisey Mae chasin' types of people and who winds up the BS and who winds up the WS.

It is soooo odd that one type always finds the other...

anyhew- for me:

I'd say about 50% 50%. But my husband was more serious about getting married than me.
Originally Posted by barbiecat

People here on MB, when you met your spouse-- who chased who? I mean, I would be interested in seeing if there is any connection between shy, "stand offish" and downright Daisey Mae chasin' types of people and who winds up the BS and who winds up the WS.

anyhew- for me:

I'd say about 50% 50%. But my husband was more serious about getting married than me.

Hey Barbiecat!
My FWH was the chaser and I (the BS) was the chasee. The joke between he and I is that he didn't catch me until I got tired and fell down.

He and I were and have become again.....best friends. flirt
JoJo
People here on MB, when you met your spouse-- who chased who?

He chased me.

I said yes cuz no one else was chasin' blush (and I was afraid of being left behind..... being 19 and never having had a boyfriend after multiple rejections will do that to ya).

30+ years of regret and accompanying resentment (AO's DJ's SD's IB's etc.) made me seek a justifiable way out.

WH gave me that out when he had an A.

We're still together and doing better than before due to the grace of God, a tough MC and MB.

Ace
wh did the chasing. I didn't run hard, though.
I chased my wife 750 miles, almost half-way across the country, before she caught me...

Mark
WstbxH chased me.
About 50%, 50%. I asked him for the first date though. H was kind of shy back then. flirt
I did the chasing at first. In fact, when I first saw him, I turned to my BF and told her, "that's the guy I'm going to marry."
I did the chasing. I watched and observed my wife (FWW) for about a year before I actually chased her. I quit chasing after we got married... that led to our marriage problems.

Currently we are both doing the chasing.
B.S. here, and I did 99% of the chasing.

Originally Posted by roybatty
I quit chasing after we got married... that led to our marriage problems.
Same here
WW did the chasing including flying halfway cross country uninvited to my commissioning ceremony. Chased me for 3 more years after that until I relented.

18 years later, I got dumped so she could chase other guys...

anyhew- for me:

My FWW and I were pretty good friends before I popped the question about taking our relationship a bit further. She said no. In retrospect, perhaps I should've listened. smile
I (BS) made the first move at age 15. WH was quiet and shy. And for 30 years we were inseparable, never fighting or arguing. Post-A WH is an arrogant, self-centered bas%t#rd unrecognizable to me, our kids, his parents, his siblings, our friends, etc. He (a former altar boy) has even turned his back on God. Who da thunk?
My WW is definitely the chaser. She enjoys the hunt.
Interesting question.

Both WW and I were not very social and frankly, on the dorky-ugly side in HS smile

We were both kind of quiet and not outgoing in the dating scene. Met at a holiday party over X-mas break in college. Took things rather slow. I guess I'd have to say WW was the chaser, but in a close race...55/45.

About a year in to dating she did the whole "I want to date other people" thing. Guy at work got close to her. I should have seen it then...she's got swayed by a smooth talker.

I tried letting her "date around" for a week, then had enough and said "either all of me or none of me." She still wanted to date around. I was out of there.

Week later she came crawling back to me begging me back (okay, it was more like 90/10 at that point, the WW doing the chasing).

She's a smart woman (Dr.) and a bit passive/aggressive, but in the end I think she's really insecure deep down inside. There in lies the vulnerability to the smooth talking guy who grows close to her (Hmmmmmm, I need to post more on my thread...this is generating some insight into the WW).
BS here and i did the chasing.
My Hubby did the chasing definitely. He is 100% charming and able to talk to anyone at anytime, whilst I am talkative and silly with my own friends and awkward and shy with large groups or strangers. He chased me for many months, trying to get me to go out with him, before I finally said yes. Once we got to know one another and I saw how awesome he was, I wondered what took me so long.
He says that the first moment he met me he knew that I was the woman he was going to marry.
i think i was the chaser but could be I was manipulated. We first met in a bar in south Jersey. I sat next to her, I flirted and she told me to buzz off.

Saw her again the next day and she invited me to sit at her table. At the time a NFL player (will remain nameless) was trying to court her. Just progressed from there. Couple of dates, went on backwoods trip (she likes the outdoors) and to the shore.
I was just lookin up your story, barbiecat...and I came across this interesting thread. My WH practically stalked me and now he want absolutely nothing to do with me, go figure. But that was a long time ago.
I forgot about this one!

So what are the averages? Lets see...

With the exception of Mark and rwinger (forgive- I do not know if your BS/WS)

With 17 recorded
The stats are: RELATIONSHIP CHASER
WS = 10
BS = 5
50/50 = 2
Another question begs... after A (or serious destrustion to relationship..)

Who is leading/innitiated the recovery process?

WS or BS. ahhh. another thread
I forgot about this one!

So what are the averages? Lets see...

With the exception of Mark and rwinger (forgive- I do not know if your BS/WS)

With 17 recorded
The stats are: RELATIONSHIP CHASER
WS = 10
BS = 5
50/50 = 2

Weird, Huh? think
And from what I understand, WH chased OW too....Ughhhh!!!
The FOW was the chaser of my FWH too, he has never been a chaser only a chasee.

And I am definitely the one leading the recovery effort too.....
I'd say it was 50/50 when we were dating...then we broke up for a year and dated other people. At that point, FWH became the "chaser" and asked me to marry him almost immediately after getting back together. I wasn't interested but he persisted until I agreed...about 3 days later. wink

Another question begs... after A (or serious destrustion to relationship..)

Who is leading/innitiated the recovery process?

WS or BS. ahhh. another thread

We've taken turns. It's been him for the past 1.5 years.
Originally Posted by Still_Crazy
The FOW was the chaser of my FWH too, he has never been a chaser only a chasee.

And I am definitely the one leading the recovery effort too.....

I think there is something to all this. think
I chased my wife half way across the country before she caught me.
Originally Posted by Mark1952

Oh, you are so darn cute, Mark. stickout
In my case, we seemed to have taken turns doing the chasing.

Plan B has put a halt to my chasing in this phase though.
hi,
BS here, my WH did the chasing in the beginning.
I did a lot of the chasing - it was the few rare times that I backed off that WH chased me.

I sort of regret chasing him so hard now - I wonder if that would have made him cherish me more...
Originally Posted by stillhere8126

That's the story I have told people for almost 37 years, Still. My wife and I dated briefly when she was still in HS and I was living next door to where she was a waitress. She moved 750 miles away to live with her mother for her last year of school and I didn't hear a word from her for a year.

One day I ran into her twin sister and her husband at a friend's house and asked about her. About a month later I got a letter in the mail and had just quit my job that morning and was planning to travel to NY to visit a friend who had moved there about two months earlier.

In the letter she included her phone number and I called and talked to her for about 20 minutes. Then I packed up and set out (hitchhiking I might add) to visit Louie in NY. As I got closer to Pennsylvania, I began thinking about stopping to visit her "on the way" to see Louie. 17 hours after I talked to her I called her from a pay phone in her town and she came and picked me up. I intended to stay a night, asking her mother and step father to let me pitch my tent in the backyard and be on my way in the morning. Instead, we went to her church where they had a guest lecturer for the week and I heard every lecture he gave.

Never made it to NY and haven't been able to find Louie since.

I realized I was in love with her during that visit to her step father's house. We had just returned from the church and were walking around in his garden. She was walking along a low garden wall and when we got to the end of it, I put my hands on her waste and helped her down. We looked at each other and I thought, "Wow, I think I love this girl..."

6 weeks later, she moved back to her father's house in Illinois, we dated, married when her father was planning to remarry and move about 75 miles away (he and his new wife married one morning on the base at Fort Sheridan and then drove to our wedding that afternoon)and the rest, as they say is history. That was 1973...It will be 37 years in August since we got married. I had just turned 21 and she was not quite 18.

Our wedding was pretty small at the church where her family attended before her parents' divorce. The pastor who performed our wedding later founded the church where I have been an elder for about 15 years and we lived in a small apartment in the town where we have lived for the last 23+ years though we lived in several other places over the years.

I literally hitchhiked halfway across the country to fall in love with her...

Mark
Originally Posted by NewPetals
I did a lot of the chasing - it was the few rare times that I backed off that WH chased me.

I sort of regret chasing him so hard now - I wonder if that would have made him cherish me more...

No...My WH practically stalked me and then tossed me aside like a piece of trash for OW...All waynerds have just lost their minds.
Originally Posted by stillhere8126

That's the story I have told people for almost 37 years, Still. My wife and I dated briefly when she was still in HS and I was living next door to where she was a waitress. She moved 750 miles away to live with her mother for her last year of school and I didn't hear a word from her for a year.

One day I ran into her twin sister and her husband at a friend's house and asked about her. About a month later I got a letter in the mail and had just quit my job that morning and was planning to travel to NY to visit a friend who had moved there about two months earlier.

In the letter she included her phone number and I called and talked to her for about 20 minutes. Then I packed up and set out (hitchhiking I might add) to visit Louie in NY. As I got closer to Pennsylvania, I began thinking about stopping to visit her "on the way" to see Louie. 17 hours after I talked to her I called her from a pay phone in her town and she came and picked me up. I intended to stay a night, asking her mother and step father to let me pitch my tent in the backyard and be on my way in the morning. Instead, we went to her church where they had a guest lecturer for the week and I heard every lecture he gave.

Never made it to NY and haven't been able to find Louie since.

I realized I was in love with her during that visit to her step father's house. We had just returned from the church and were walking around in his garden. She was walking along a low garden wall and when we got to the end of it, I put my hands on her waste and helped her down. We looked at each other and I thought, "Wow, I think I love this girl..."

6 weeks later, she moved back to her father's house in Illinois, we dated, married when her father was planning to remarry and move about 75 miles away (he and his new wife married one morning on the base at Fort Sheridan and then drove to our wedding that afternoon)and the rest, as they say is history. That was 1973...It will be 37 years in August since we got married. I had just turned 21 and she was not quite 18.

Our wedding was pretty small at the church where her family attended before her parents' divorce. The pastor who performed our wedding later founded the church where I have been an elder for about 15 years and we lived in a small apartment in the town where we have lived for the last 23+ years though we lived in several other places over the years.

I literally hitchhiked halfway across the country to fall in love with her...

Mark

loveheart
I guess I would have to say it was WH, although he was really shy so I didn't really know. The first words WH ever said to me were, "I don't talk when I'm hungry." I used to say that was his best pick up line since he got me and then we got married too(I was his first girlfriend). I was "dating" someone when we met. We didn't see each other again for 8 months. We went to a Valentine's day dance, 6 days later he asked me "out." He told me he loved me 30 minutes later. He used to tell me that he didn't have to chase me anymore because he already had me. WELL :P
Interesting topic.

I would say initially XH was the chaser.
I met him the old fashioned way -- in a bar (pub) prior to all this online dating. I was on vacation in his country and he had recently moved to this city. We spotted each other across the room and he worked his way over. Ended up spending the next few days together. He chased and it was love (lust) at first sight.

When I came back home I called him initially and with no internet we had a steady stream of letters going across the pond. I returned there 2 months later (he got me ticket) and spend an additional week.

He flew out for Christmas and just never left. We were married that June almost to the day we met one year before.

He left his country (he wanted me to move there), his family and friends and we created a life here.

We worked hard to be together going through immigration to get married and all that goes with it, him taking up the role as a father to DD30, miscarriages, disappointments, birth of our beautiful DD16 -- all that and when it was a time that life should have been good to both of us after 21 years of M...he turned into a wayward.

Of course I am now the one who pursued him because the whole history of our M was rewritten in his mind.
He chased me and he is the one that wanted to get M.

Waywards are stupid.
New STATS:

CHASER:

WS = 13
BS = 6
50/50 = 4
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums