Marriage Builders
Posted By: black_raven Infidelity movies with revenge. - 02/10/10 06:29 PM
The other night H and I watched Across the Hall. Neither of us knew what the movie was about. Once again he ends up picking a movie where there is infidelity and the betrayed gets revenge (some of it just being the circumstances coming full circle.) H picked out Shattered last time. rotflmao
Posted By: Lady_Clueless Re: Infidelity movies with revenge. - 02/10/10 07:06 PM
I remember the movie that Roseanne Barr made, but can't recall the name (was it "SheDevil"?). I don't like Roseanne, but I laughed my butt off at that movie!
Posted By: black_raven Re: Infidelity movies with revenge. - 02/10/10 07:28 PM
I don't remember that one. Was it a comedy?
Posted By: Mulan Re: Infidelity movies with revenge. - 02/10/10 07:35 PM
Unfaithful
She Devil
In the Bedroom
Fatal Attraction
First Wives' Club
Posted By: swan's song Re: Infidelity movies with revenge. - 02/10/10 07:41 PM
Check out the British movie The Politician's Wife, brilliant done

A woman's life is turned upside down when it is revealed that her husband, a member of the British Parliament, has been having an affair with a former prostitute.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112126/
Posted By: SugarCane Re: Infidelity movies with revenge. - 02/10/10 08:16 PM
That was TV, rather than film, and yes it was good. Really fine actors and a good story line. It shows the BS's devastation a lot more accurately than some dramas.
Posted By: ElCamino72 Re: Infidelity movies with revenge. - 02/10/10 08:49 PM
We were on a roll of inadvertently picking infidelity movies. It was like four in a row. It got to the point where my FWW and I would just look at each other like "what are the chances?".

I remember that the streak included Appaloosa and Sunshine Cleaners. Really sucked sitting down with FWW thinking that we'd relax by watching a movie and having to go through the awkwardness of finding out the plot revolves around an A.

Back in December I had an awful experience with a movie. It was one day I was having a really bad day and I decided to go away for a little while. My FWW was being really abusive and I had to leave to clear my mind. I went to a movie theater without knowing what was being shown. I picked this movie starring Penelope Cruz from a famous spanish director, Almodovar. Half an hour into the movie the whole the story centered about an A. Later on I had to leave due to a really nasty scene of Penelope Cruz secretly throwing up after having sex with her husband who she was betraying with other guy. My night of trying to get away from A crap turned out to be not so much fun.

--ElCamino72
Posted By: drgnfly Re: Infidelity movies with revenge. - 02/10/10 09:13 PM
We went through a long phase of not watching movies and we still don't watch the TV Dramas. Just about everything has an A involved somehow. I'm getting better with it after 1 1/2 years, but it still turns my stomach.

I remember 2 months after D-Day watching a movie with H, my brother, and SIL. They picked up the movie - "Forgetting Sarah Marshall". That was a terrible, painful, long night. The thing is - they still thought the movie was funny even knowing about H's affair and the pain I went through. H and I just sat there awkwardly waiting for it to finally be over. These days, I would turn the movie off and find something else. I was still frozen and didn't have the inner strength at that time.
Posted By: hope3343 Re: Infidelity movies with revenge. - 02/10/10 09:17 PM
Couples Retreat which everyone was laughing and I sat there with tears in my eyes

The Women -- great movie
Posted By: Mulan Re: Infidelity movies with revenge. - 02/10/10 09:48 PM
Internet Movie Data Base (imdb.com) is your friend.

Check it for all you ever wanted to know about any film or TV show.
Posted By: 2long Re: Infidelity movies with revenge. - 02/12/10 01:45 AM
Ever see "Little Children?"

Infidelity is the central theme, though child abuse and vigilantism are in there 2.

It's reasonably intelligently done, though it would be pretty dis2rbing 2 someone only a few years out from d-day ;o)

The affairees make complete cakes of themselves, of course.

-ol' 2long
Posted By: hope3343 Re: Infidelity movies with revenge. - 02/12/10 04:57 AM
revolutionary road....
Posted By: ExpectsAMiracle Re: Infidelity movies with revenge. - 02/12/10 07:53 AM
Okay, well this one doesn't involve real revenge....But last night my son played "Mrs. Doubtfire". I had seen it before, but it had all new meaning this time. Geez, I wish my WH loved the kids and I enough to dress up like an old English nanny! smile
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums