Marriage Builders
Posted By: 123RedLight Serial cheaters; serial cheatees? - 07/13/10 12:39 AM
I know there is such a thing as a serial cheater. And that it would be ideal to stay far away from such a person.

But what about someone who repeatedly gets cheated on? Is that called a serial cheatee? What steps does someone like this take? Is it the cheatee's fault that they pick someone who cheats over and over?
Posted By: myfamilyilove Re: Serial cheaters; serial cheatees? - 07/13/10 12:41 AM
Whats your story?
Posted By: stillstanding2 Re: Serial cheaters; serial cheatees? - 07/13/10 12:44 AM
No-because most serial cheaters hide it so well. grumble

My dad was a serial cheater and nobody knew it for 29 years. My ex may have been a serial cheater based on signs in the marriage. I only caught him with one confirmed OW though. So, I don't believe it is ever the betrayed person's "fault". uhuh

I HAVE learned to watch like a hawk for a liar. I have no tolerance for lying at all now. No "little" white lies. I feel that was my only sign that I looked past in retrospect. My mother also says that she overlooked a lot of bad behavior to "keep the peace". I did the same. twoxfour
Posted By: swan's song Re: Serial cheaters; serial cheatees? - 07/13/10 12:49 AM
I think the steps would be to look at the pattern of your cheating spouse/bf or gf their boundaries with the opposite sex, their views on what they consider cheating or crossing the line, if they would cover for a friend who they know is cheating and if so, how they act around the cheated on partner, things of that nature oh and how they treat others they come across. service people...
Posted By: stillstanding2 Re: Serial cheaters; serial cheatees? - 07/13/10 12:55 AM
Both my dad and my ex were extremely polite to everybody. No flirting, no covering for friends. Both taught their children that cheating was abominable. Both were "family" men. Ha! Both were really good actors and actually hypocrites!
Posted By: Breezemb Re: Serial cheaters; serial cheatees? - 07/13/10 01:22 AM
I'm locking this one. Let's get back to marriage building please.

123RedLight - do not post again - You are in violation of TOS with multiple user names while under suspension.
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums