Marriage Builders
Posted By: Hilsmon Is this another EA? GEEEZZZ - 02/14/11 08:17 PM
Up down. Ping Pong. My W has never bought into MB concepts. We get OK with my determination and then we stop filling each others EN and them bam here we go again.
Short story (other posts from the last several years)
She will not work a plan. I have been trying to fill her ENs and failing terribly. I have almost given up on it.A few days ago she told me again she wanted a separation and space.We had been "working on it" for the last several months now. With no success.
Because of all of the things that have went on priorly I knew to watch her and then I log on to our cell phone acct. Strange call Saturday that was 41 minutes to a long distance number. HMMM wonder who that is? Called and got a man that was elderly. Looked at bill closer. 1 call 3 weeks ago same area code. Called that number, got a mans voice mail that works with my wifes company.(office Line)
Confronted her and I could see it in her eyes as soon as I asked for her phone (call deleted)
She admitted it was a new co worker (boss) that she had been chatting with and talking about our problems. 1500 miles away.
I called him and he explained it as a shoulder to cry on as he is also having relationship issues with his wife.
My wife doesn't really have any close friends to talk too so I can understand this to a degree but Isnt this just the start of another EA? This is a repeating thing with her just as our inability to stay in recovery.
Is it time to move to plan A? This is exhausting.
Oh I found out the Elderly Mans number was his fathers...he snuck over to talk with her on Saturday saying she emailed him that she needed to talk and was having a bad day. (that she wont admit to doing the email, Says he gave her the number to call him)

Posted By: Lady_Clueless Re: Is this another EA? GEEEZZZ - 02/14/11 08:34 PM
Well, first thing you need to do is expose the living daylights out of this affair,..and yes, it is an affair.

Your WW has no business talking about your problems with another man. She should be talking about them with YOU!

Expose to his wife, his father, and the business. Look for him on Facebook, make a copy of his friends list and save it in Word, and expose to them, as well.

Your working a plan does not depend on your wife's working a plan, although she will need to eventually get on board with YOUR plan.

Do not get complacent with your marriage if you can save it once again...meeting each other's needs is a life-long committment.
Posted By: Hilsmon Re: Is this another EA? GEEEZZZ - 02/14/11 08:47 PM
Exposure is in plans and has been done to his father already, I just didnt know If I should. My wife says she knew it was wrong the second she got off the phone and says she needs counseling for continuing to make these decisions.

She will never get on board I dont think.

Posted By: MrNiceGuy Re: Is this another EA? GEEEZZZ - 02/14/11 08:57 PM
HOw I got my wife on board with it was present her with the POJA only .. then mention that its alot cheaper to follow the MB plan than it is for marriage counselling. My wife perked right up when she heard that there wa something cheaper that had a possibility of being more effective than traditional counselling. ONce i showed her a printed out copy of POJA she had this snyde look on her face and said. "Hmm ... this is a double edged sword" And I replied yes it is ... its not one sided. Then after that i started printing out one article at a time .. and sat down with her and read them and we discussed if we agreed with it or not .. etc .. I do not htink i found one article that had anything in it that we would disagree with.

Don't Pour it on when your easing the MB stuff into place when trying to convince the other spouse to take on the concepts. ONe step at a time.

But yes she is in an EA .... exposure will be necessary.
Posted By: hope3343 Re: Is this another EA? GEEEZZZ - 02/14/11 08:59 PM
Never mind the father, call the OM wife. Of course your WS will be lying to you so you don't take that step. Don't tell her -- just do.
Posted By: maritalbliss Re: Is this another EA? GEEEZZZ - 02/14/11 09:17 PM
Originally Posted by onemoretime
Exposure is in plans and has been done to his father already, I just didnt know If I should. My wife says she knew it was wrong the second she got off the phone and says she needs counseling for continuing to make these decisions.
She will never get on board I dont think.
Don't do your exposure in little drops, omt. By now his father has probably already talked to him, and OM knows you're pissed and making phone calls. He will spin this to his wife so that your exposure will fall on deaf ears by the time you call her.

Get on the phone and call her immediately.

Your WW is distracting you by saying she needs someone to tell her why she is making the decision to enter into inappropriate relationships with other men. She knows why. You know why. The flirtation that occurs in those relationships is meeting a need of hers.

Have you asked her to go through the emotional needs questionnaire with you?
Posted By: maritalbliss Re: Is this another EA? GEEEZZZ - 02/14/11 09:20 PM
This isn't a POJA situation. You should never have to form an agreement as to whether or not one of you should be having needs met outside of your M.

Keeping intimate conversation within the marriage is a requirement for a safe marriage.
Posted By: Hilsmon Re: Is this another EA? GEEEZZZ - 02/14/11 09:29 PM
Ok got it so far...after exposure then whats my next move because I dont know what to do. Forgive?
Posted By: maritalbliss Re: Is this another EA? GEEEZZZ - 02/14/11 09:38 PM
Ok got it so far...after exposure then whats my next move because I dont know what to do. Forgive?
Hell, no, you don't forgive!

You are putting the cart waaay before the horse, here. Your WW needs to EARN your forgiveness!

Tell us what you have read on this site - have you read the articles? I would suggest you get Surviving an Affair asap. You can get it through the bookstore link on this site.

You need to understand what conditions set the stage for this EA and put extraordinary precautions in place so that this never happens again.

If they work together she'll need to leave the job.

She needs to write a no contact letter that YOU approve of and YOU mail to OM.

Change her cell phone number. Make sure you have access to cell phone records so you can track who she's calling. Get rid of any social networking sites that she belongs to. Slap a keylogger on her computer so you can track her online.

Your work has just begun, my friend. Surviving an affair doesn't mean forgive and move on. It means learning how to affair-proof your marriage so it never happens again.

Read the articles on this site. Ask questions here. We can help you.
Posted By: Hilsmon Re: Is this another EA? GEEEZZZ - 02/15/11 04:36 AM
Background
10-11-05 ILUBINILWY
11-15-15 EA discovered Maybe PA never was able to find out for sure
11-15 till exposed Heavy investigation
11-21 Exposed
12-10 Working with Dr Harleys books with a very reluctant wife to adopt... Struggle and survived

5-14-08 NEW EA
6-1-08 Exposed
6-2-08 Back to working with MB concepts

6-10-10. I want a separation Im not happy
I talked her into working on us again and no work was ever really done. She refuses to have a plan other than whats her own plan. A separation.

2-6-11 I want a separation like I said 6 months ago (her)
2-12-11 this was discovered. I have been diligently watching her the last 8 months. She is new to this office 90 days ago.

It seems no matter how much we talk about protection and boundaries that she always goes back to developing EAs. We haven't been really working to fill each others ENs now for a year or so. We KEEP failing.

Posted By: Hilsmon Re: Is this another EA? GEEEZZZ - 02/15/11 04:58 AM
Guys I am SICK just sick. I know that I have also not followed the right paths to fill her ENs. So I am some what also to blame (not for the EAs). But as you all know its hard to do when the WW isnt on board with a plan either.
I have went through this extreme agony now for the 3rd time. I cant do this anymore but I am still in love with my wife. I sit here again in shambles and in torment. I will seek a physician tomorrow as I literally am shaking nauseated and not eating. I am a broken man.
Posted By: LoveCAG Re: Is this another EA? GEEEZZZ - 02/15/11 05:15 AM
I would not be able to handle 3 EAs, with possibility of them turning PA. I wouldnt want to do a plan A on her at all. She obviously hasn't learned her lesson.
Posted By: WW27 Re: Is this another EA? GEEEZZZ - 02/15/11 05:59 AM
Hi there,

Sorry to hear about what you are going through. My advice might not be the best as I was a WW. I think that if your wife is going to help make things work and stop her ways, she should not be talking about any problems she has with other males as she has had other EA in the past. No talking about marriage problems to other males, work problems, etc. Unless it is required for her as part of her job to talk to them and absolutely necessary (Even then keep it brief). I put in EP, I don't talk to any males besides a hello and how are you at work or to my friend's SO. I had few friends too but have tried to make female friends, not easy but it is done. If I have a problem I can't talk to my friends I talk to family and of course of BS.

I don't know what else to say but I think Plan A would be a bad idea and would set yourself up for more hurt that is undeserved (not that you deserved anything you have been through with the EA in the past or now).

And no you are not to blame! The decision to have any affair falls solely on the WS. The WS is the one who makes the decision, they can decide to stop it at any point in time or to put in EP. They can decide to have their needs met by their spouse instead of someone else. I am not trying to get all high and mighty like I am some great person because I am not. But she doesn't seemed to have learned her lesson.

I think you need to make her decide whether to work on the marriage or leave. And have conditions that will prevent it from happening again if you want to work it out, if not no one will blame you.

Sorry to hear that you are suffering.

I guess first decide if you want to work this out or not. Also, take care of yourself. If you do, then figure out what you want from her for recovery.
Posted By: Hilsmon Re: Is this another EA? GEEEZZZ - 02/15/11 12:34 PM
I love my wife and family. She is willing to work on us again as per her (especially since she was busted again) But while separated. I have already set my camper up close by and have had power etc turned on to give her the separation shes asking for. Something I clearly dont want.

My decision are not clear. One minute I want to work on us the next the ugly taker sets in and says I am tired of being a doormat.

Can she really ever change if shes not willing to do anything different?

This time is a little different than all the rest being she did consult an attorney via phone. That tells me that divorce is a contemplation from her.

This morning I told her I was tired of all this. I also refused to be be the runner for the kids anymore (is that wrong?)

Posted By: Reynolds531 Re: Is this another EA? GEEEZZZ - 02/15/11 12:38 PM
She goes to the camper not you. Time for hardball.
Posted By: Hilsmon Re: Is this another EA? GEEEZZZ - 02/15/11 12:51 PM
She refuses that one Reynolds. I agree with the hardball because If I dont stand strong and force change I feel I am setting myself up yet gain for this to happen again down the road. Dark Plan b? I will have to refresh my memory. Buy every time this has happened in the past I am the one that suggests all the change and worry myself sick over it. Im so tired of it.
Posted By: Lookin4Serenity Re: Is this another EA? GEEEZZZ - 02/15/11 02:15 PM
Do not move out of your home. If she wants out that's her choice. Make that clear to her. Tell her you want to save, improve on your marriage but if she's dead set on separation, SHE MOVES, not you. I can't emphasize this enough. DO NOT MOVE OUT.

Chances are she wants to separate to continue her A. Rarely does someone want to separate with no OP in the works.

Repeat to yourself several times:

This is not my fault. If she wants to separate, she leaves.

Repeat again, and again.
Posted By: maritalbliss Re: Is this another EA? GEEEZZZ - 02/15/11 02:25 PM
Have you exposed to OM's wife yet?
Posted By: Hilsmon Re: Is this another EA? GEEEZZZ - 02/15/11 02:48 PM
She has been saying she wanted a separation for 6-7 months. This new EA I discovered 2 days ago has no way of being more than a few weeks old as he was only assigned to her files 3 weeks ago. I cant find his wifes contact numbers so no I haven't exposed.I also havent called or exposed to the employer as it would mean her termination as they have a zero tolerance policy.As hard as jobs are to find we need this one or we will lose our home.Compounding many problems as I am a struggling builder.
Posted By: maritalbliss Re: Is this another EA? GEEEZZZ - 02/15/11 02:54 PM
As hard as jobs are to find we need this one or we will lose our home.Compounding many problems as I am a struggling builder.
How are you going to juggle two homes after the divorce?
Posted By: Hilsmon Re: Is this another EA? GEEEZZZ - 02/15/11 02:57 PM
She will retain this home and continue paying for it until we can sell it and I will live in my camper till I get on my feet is the only options I have.
Posted By: LoveCAG Re: Is this another EA? GEEEZZZ - 02/15/11 03:12 PM
You need to do some hardcore exposing onemoretime... If that won't work, you let her move, and not you... Then you go dark b. I think your wife has some male friends out there that is why she wants to separate so badly.

Eric
Posted By: WW27 Re: Is this another EA? GEEEZZZ - 02/15/11 03:24 PM
My decision are not clear. One minute I want to work on us the next the ugly taker sets in and says I am tired of being a doormat.

Can she really ever change if shes not willing to do anything different?

I think if someone wants to change they have to do something. For her to change, she has to change her actions and thought patterns. She has to take steps and decide what she will change and the steps taken. As well, she has to show that the changes are permenant. But if she does nothing, things will stay the same and the same patterns are repeated. Just like anything in life from marriage to work to school study habits, etc.

And you shouldn't be working on the marriage on her terms (if that is what you mean bu "per her").
Posted By: Hilsmon Re: Is this another EA? GEEEZZZ - 02/15/11 03:40 PM
Overwhelmed
Posted By: maritalbliss Re: Is this another EA? GEEEZZZ - 02/15/11 03:54 PM
She will retain this home and continue paying for it until we can sell it and I will live in my camper till I get on my feet is the only options I have.
If SHE wants to separate in order to 'work' on the marriage (which, of course, makes no sense at all) then SHE needs to leave.

I don't get why you're rolling over for her and her OM. Are you afraid of her?
Posted By: Hilsmon Re: Is this another EA? GEEEZZZ - 02/15/11 03:58 PM
I really really dont think there are other male friends that is driving her to say she wants a separation but you may be correct.I dont know for sure and I do know that many that ask for separation have this as a driving force. Given her history its possible.

Posted By: Hilsmon Re: Is this another EA? GEEEZZZ - 02/15/11 03:59 PM
No Im not afraid of her at all...
Posted By: maritalbliss Re: Is this another EA? GEEEZZZ - 02/15/11 04:02 PM
No Im not afraid of her at all...
Good, because fear is an emotion that has its place in the world, and its place isn't involved in killing an A.

So if you're not afraid, are you planning to:

Let her know your requirements for staying in the marriage (which includes dumping OM like a hot rock)
She writes a NC letter
Nobody lives in the trailer
You prepare to expose at their job
You call the OMW (it wouldn't be hard to get her number)
Posted By: Hilsmon Re: Is this another EA? GEEEZZZ - 02/15/11 04:25 PM
Im down with nobody lives in the camper..yes
Expose at there job will create financial havoc and he lives 1500 miles away. I will compound problems there.
Im down with exposing to OMW I have spent hours on the internet and cant find his or there contact info yet.Suggestions? Im pretty good around the net.
I dont even know what my requirements are anymore and she is not on board with any of the concepts.
Posted By: Hilsmon Re: Is this another EA? GEEEZZZ - 02/15/11 05:59 PM
Im guessing its slow this time of day...
Posted By: AndyM Re: Is this another EA? GEEEZZZ - 02/15/11 06:36 PM
onemoretime - try intellius.com , spokeo.com and YP.com
Posted By: Hilsmon Re: Is this another EA? GEEEZZZ - 02/15/11 07:35 PM
Ok I just confirmed through his superior at work that he has never traveled to SC and that he in fact has only been assigned to work with my wife for 3 weeks. For them to Investigate I have to make a formal complaint. I have to send the superior an email but he also now knows what went on. Usually complaints results in a termination.
No luck on any public record of him and his wife via facebook,whitepages,phonebook ETC all I find is a few public records in there county. I paid 1.95 for a number that was disconnected.Look on linked in and every site I could google.

Again I will say i have been distrusting of her for the last 5 years. I have watched the cell number with a watchful eye...emails everything. Once betrayed there is always transparency and I have held her to it. Obviously If I caught a phone call 4 hours after it took place I have been suspicious again

I think that because we were not meeting each others ENs and since in the last 5 years this is a repeated thing that she wants a separation to either fix this for good or to move to D. Yes I think separation to fix is stupid. But if I continue to smother her and try to make her work on our marriage I am "Scared" it will just push her away.

I dont know why she keeps making the wrong decisions because in all the other areas of our life she is wise and makes the right decisions. She seems to not to be able to break the pattern of forming inappropriate relationships. Her boundaries are not where they need to be.

One thing that hit me when I read it today is that I bounce from wanting to reconcile to wanting to kick her out of my life.

She wants to work on it she says and she is open to seeing a therapist.
Posted By: Lady_Clueless Re: Is this another EA? GEEEZZZ - 02/15/11 07:48 PM
I agree with Reynolds531. YOU do not go to the camper. If anyone goes, SHE goes. YOU stay in your home!

However, I would not agree to any separation.

Separation is merely so she can have freedom to carry on with her affairs, and so that she can "justify" her cheating by saying that she's "separated".

When it comes to the kids, you be the best dad that you can possibly be. If that involves being the "runner for the kids", then sobeit. Document, document, document any and everything you do for the kids. The more you do for/with your kids, the better. It will help you if you end up divorcing and in a custody battle.
Posted By: maritalbliss Re: Is this another EA? GEEEZZZ - 02/15/11 07:49 PM
One thing that hit me when I read it today is that I bounce from wanting to reconcile to wanting to kick her out of my life.
Unfortunately, this is very normal. It'll get better as you recover, because:

She wants to work on it she says and she is open to seeing a therapist.
Schedule an appointment with the Harleys.
Posted By: Hilsmon Re: Is this another EA? GEEEZZZ - 02/15/11 08:15 PM
I wish I could schedule with them but I will be honest I dont have to money to do it.(my marriage is worth millions) So I will TRY to find it. Until then I will stall...
Posted By: Hilsmon Re: Is this another EA? GEEEZZZ - 02/15/11 08:41 PM
I dont believe there are affairs happening. This was certainly Inappropriate behavior but really is it a EA? Maybe I agree. But theres no other evidence of anyone else.
Posted By: Hilsmon Re: Is this another EA? GEEEZZZ - 02/16/11 02:10 PM
Just a little update...

We have a session scheduled for Friday with a local group...would love to have the Harleys soon and Im working on that. I hope its not a conflict to have 2 professionals. But the other is just a trial and a quick solution. She obviously has boundary issues that she HAS to solve. I picked someone that is PM and someone I think she would have picked as well.

There will be no separation..if she wants one she was told to make arrangements to leave. She doesn't want to do that. I have however agreed to spend some random nights over there. ( I am doing this for me)3 miles away after dinner and some conversation.Thoughts on this?

She is extremely remorseful and has agreed to to work a plan again.I dont think I will be dealing with stage 2 as there is no way with the limited amount of time these 2 were in a inappropriate relationship that dependency formed. But there is always the danger of just driving this underground and I am very aware of that.But lets just say I have found a set of "eyes" in the workplace.

Exposure and NCL are DONE or at least all im going to do EXCEPT if I find the OMW contact numbers. Not textbook but I have no more interest in doing this and with the first hint of anything I am washing my hands. I have told her I expect total transparency and accountability and she has agreed.

There has been great improvements from her meeting my EN since 2 hours after I discovered. Hopefully this will continue.

We both have to work on LB. I will strive to deposit and not withdraw.

I am at some point going to have to force MB ways on her. Not sure how to do that. My plan so far is to use tid bits of information. But the group we will be using for sessions is also working a very similar plan. We will see.

2 years ago I said I wouldnt go through this again.But I find that I am willing because of my deep love for her and my family.But I vow I will not let my marriage ever take a second chair again.Life work with all my care and consideration. BUT if I find another EA AKA inappropriate relationship I will throw in the towel. I surprised Im not ready to do that now. Had this been someone local and of had more age on the relationship I think I would have.(1500 miles and 3 weeks certainly needs to be treated a little differently than same office and daily physical contact)And I think she deserves one more shot.

I cannot dwell its poison in my mind. I cannot obsess.

With all of this be assured I have set up or I am in the works of setting up major snooping ability's and expectations. GPS enabled via cell, keylogger on all PCs except office of course, Hack program on cell that records all events and relays, physical eyes on her at WP.But I cannot obsess.Tho I must protect.

If Im leaving something out please help me figure out what that is and if Im doing something wrong in your opinion please voice it.

Posted By: maritalbliss Re: Is this another EA? GEEEZZZ - 02/16/11 02:15 PM
She is extremely remorseful and has agreed to to work a plan again.I dont think I will be dealing with stage 2 as there is no way with the limited amount of time these 2 were in a inappropriate relationship that dependency formed. But there is always the danger of just driving this underground and I am very aware of that.But lets just say I have found a set of "eyes" in the workplace.
If "Stage 2" means leaving the workplace, I suspect you are in for trouble by not insisting upon it. Especially because this A was just starting to bloom. The only 'eyes' I would trust in there would be YOURS.

I suspect this A will go underground. They usually do when the BS diverts from the plan.
Posted By: Hilsmon Re: Is this another EA? GEEEZZZ - 02/16/11 02:47 PM
I agree to a degree...LOL
First I really dont think where she works at this point is going to matter. I am going to be in danger and she has proven this by choosing to develop EAs at every work place. So if its not here then its the next place. But she must work. And I cant live my life worrying about where she works. At least here this is 1500 miles away. Would I rather have her develop something new thats close by? NO. The key is for her to make the morally right decisions here. She did in both other 2 situations. And if this is something she cant do I would really rather have her do it NOW so that I can move on.
Secondly, the company is in process of reassigning both of them. Once completed they have no reason to communicate. If they do it will be easily traced if that need ever arises for me to use it because it will have to be inner office and those records can be obtained.
I dont like diverting but just as a suit, sometimes they need tailored to fit the person.

Posted By: Hilsmon Re: Is this another EA? GEEEZZZ - 02/17/11 12:31 AM
Bump...looking for some more input
Posted By: Hilsmon Re: Is this another EA? GEEEZZZ - 02/17/11 04:59 PM
Ok back to considering even heavier exposure at her workplace now.

But I also have a question. If she will not agree to work MB ways and has no plan in order to protect me. Whats the chances of this not just happening again with me being the only one working a plan?
Posted By: Hilsmon Re: Is this another EA? GEEEZZZ - 02/21/11 11:37 PM
Exposed it all last night and today...the full boat even the OMW (found Her). I feel lost now that the adrenaline is gone.

I have told her if she wanted a separation there was the door and it swung out as well as in.

Counselling went well all in all but Im not sure they are a fit yet. Told us not to try and discuss anything till next session. ????
Posted By: Reynolds531 Re: Is this another EA? GEEEZZZ - 02/22/11 03:28 AM
No random nights away, ever. Are you kidding? Stay in the house!

Figure out whats missing the last few years? Is it financial? Struggling business hurting your marriage? EN there not being met?

Get to work finding the underlying issue. Try the EN questionairre if shes not too mad after exposure to do it.
Posted By: Hilsmon Re: Is this another EA? GEEEZZZ - 02/22/11 12:24 PM
Shes not to mad and probably expected it since its happened before.

Ever since work has been rough I have withdrawn from my whole family and have paid her NO attention at all or them really. Her LB is empty for sure. I have plans to ask her to fill out the ENQ again just so I can key in (but Im already pretty sure what they are from hearing her complaints)
But at this point I cant do ANYTHING right. She is constantly LBing and lashing out because of my actions or speech.She has agreed to show care and consideration.
This morning it was she didnt have her wedding band on and I asked she wear it. We had agreed she would and mostly she has been. But it made her mad that I said something.
OMW called me again last night wanting more details. I gave her what I could.
Posted By: AndyM Re: Is this another EA? GEEEZZZ - 02/22/11 12:36 PM
onemoretime - my WW has told me for months how I can't do anything right. You're probably going to have to get used to that one - and it's mild compared to some of the other stuff that you might get called.

Sounds like you should plan A the hell out of this. That should make some LB$ deposits.
Posted By: Hilsmon Re: Is this another EA? GEEEZZZ - 02/24/11 01:54 AM
Guys I think Im done. I can not let her continue to strike my soul with such grief with no regard or remorse. You can only mend a fence so many times before you have to replace it. Once was a dream is now a nightmare. Yet I sit here at my camper content that I did the right things at the right times. I caused some of this mess but not to the point of no repair. She did that all by herself. Maybe I will awake feeling differently but I have given my heart and my soul to a devil. I must cast it out. Why does life have to be this way?
Posted By: Lookin4Serenity Re: Is this another EA? GEEEZZZ - 02/24/11 04:20 PM
OMT, I see you're not getting many responses. Part of that problem is that folks have been giving you advice, very good advice I might add, and you're either totally ignoring it or moving to slow.

Are you ready to get serious? Seems like you're down on yourself becuase you're not seeing any headway. This will take time, it's a marathon not a sprint.

Based on your latest post, it seems you have moved into the camper. Is that true? If so, why did you ignore the advice given to you? Move back to the home ASAP!

It's your decision if you want to work on your marriage or not. Your words say you don't but I get the feeling you're still not sure. You must decide one way or the other. If you decide to work on it then do what your being advised to do. You said in previous posts that you're not afraid. I think you may believe that but you're posts tell a different story. Are you going to put that fear aside? If want to recover your marriage take action. Do it out of conviction, not fear.
Posted By: Hilsmon Re: Is this another EA? GEEEZZZ - 03/02/11 07:12 PM
NC done
Exposure done...Nuked
Plan A in motion
Super Snoop in motion wink
Yes Im in OUR home and she is working on our M and my EN.Not to where I need them but progress.

Problem 1. She doesn't see this as an EA and says yes it was inappropriate but not an EA.

Problem 2. Anything to do with MB Im lecturing and theres a wall that pops up.

I have also asked her for a plan of protection for me and our M and she has yet to really do anything about it.

I must apologize as yes I have been reluctant to take advice and Im sorry.

Posted By: Hilsmon Re: Is this another EA? GEEEZZZ - 03/03/11 12:44 AM
Wow guess Im talking to myself here. Ok thanks anyhow and Ill discontinue any more posts.
Posted By: savemymarr Re: Is this another EA? GEEEZZZ - 03/03/11 01:26 AM
Guys I think Im done. I can not let her continue to strike my soul with such grief with no regard or remorse. You can only mend a fence so many times before you have to replace it. Once was a dream is now a nightmare. Yet I sit here at my camper content that I did the right things at the right times. I caused some of this mess but not to the point of no repair. She did that all by herself. Maybe I will awake feeling differently but I have given my heart and my soul to a devil. I must cast it out. Why does life have to be this way?
life doesn't have to be this way OMT. i too am in a similar sitch. reading over your sitch, she has had 3 A's in past several years? mine has had 2. i have 5 children. i can sympathize. i too have grown tired w/ my W's antics. i too have been weak and reluctanct to act @ times. my mistake after A#1 was the same one you made. we did not expose and we did not really address the issues. face it. we made our beds. i only discovered MB late last year. my exposure came in 2 installments and was not nuclear i will confess. shouldve been more widespread.

love is tough. you are deserving of respect. your situation is far from hopeless. i have found it hard @ times to accept the advice given here on MB. i make up excuses for not doing what needs to be done. in much of my life, i am strong, directed and a man of action. in my M, i have been a mouse. right now i have reached a point where i am saying "no mas." no more. as much as it pains me to think about the harm to my kids, plan B is it. you need to be the one who made her move into the camper. a woman is looking for stones. show her that you have them.

remorse from your WW? fuggedaboutit. have been waiting for the same. 6 months. never got it after A#1 and didnt get it now. when pigs fly should be my attitude. i have come to the resolution that i can only control me. my W and her antics are in God's hands now. He knows the sitch. do not leave now amigo. we are here for you. i am sure the vets were frustrated w/ me and my wishy/washy approach. it makes it hard to post on someone's sitch if you know what they need to do but do not feel like they are doing it. that's me.

don't stop posting and checking out the other threads. it can be VERY helpful and informative. there are lots of really great people here with really great advice who can commiserate w/ you and lend you support when you need it the most.

SMM
Posted By: savemymarr Re: Is this another EA? GEEEZZZ - 03/03/11 01:27 AM
Wow guess Im talking to myself here. Ok thanks anyhow and Ill discontinue any more posts.
you are NOT alone. not for one second. we are here. journal here if you need to. it is as much for you as it is for those of us also out here with you.
Posted By: Hilsmon Re: Is this another EA? GEEEZZZ - 03/04/11 03:13 PM
Guess Im discouraged on here. I love the material and advice. Things seem to be going well and she is definitely back to at least controversial state and sometimes intimate state. I think she knows I am at wits end.
There has been no contact between the 2 of them and he is been moved to a whole new area. I have her phone and inbox's covered to assure.
My thing is it was only a few weeks so Im almost sure there inst MUCH addiction or withdrawal going on (I Hope)
Plan Aing again. But I fear the future. All I can do is be the best I can be.And thats hard sometimes.
I really dont understand how or why she keeps cultivating EAs or as she puts it "inappropriate friendships" knowing how deeply it hurts me. I realize its to meet her needs that Im not meeting. But to be so reckless?
No protection plan from her as of yet either and any type of Plan for love restoration is met with Lecturing in her eyes.
No way I will deal with this ever again. IF it happens Im afraid Ill be all done. Love her but done.
Posted By: AndyM Re: Is this another EA? GEEEZZZ - 03/04/11 03:44 PM
onemoretime - a couple of things to consider.

Ponder these questions:

Is your WW an extreme extrovert?
Have you tried to figure out what's driving the EAs?
Is it the attention, i.e. is she very insecure about her looks, etc?
Does she feel she has to 'prove' to herself and others that she's attractive?

I'm asking these questions, because these things describe my WW. Her sense of confidence and self is closely wrapped up in her attractiveness. She started with EAs to satisfy that need, but gues what, apparantly, at some point that wasn't enough for her.

Consider trying to complete an ENQ from her perspective. It might shed some light on the situation.
Posted By: Hilsmon Re: Is this another EA? GEEEZZZ - 03/04/11 03:57 PM
In my opinion yes she needs to feel attractive (45 and not so high esteem anymore) and she is a extrovert. She truly does enjoy the attention.The last EA she said it made her "high" because he was telling her she was pretty/exciting/sexy/smart/better than sliced bread ;)confirmed via the Texts that I read.And that it wasn't real because it was all virtual via those texts.(we all know if its making you high its real)
But when I'm the one making her feel attractive and giving that attention she doesn't seem to seek it elsewhere. She finds it when we are not in a good place. But we cant come up with a plan to remain in a good place in our marriage. I try hard then she doesn't and it slowly goes down hill till it derails again.
Posted By: AndyM Re: Is this another EA? GEEEZZZ - 03/04/11 04:04 PM
onemoretime - can you get her to counseling? My WW has told me that my opinion isn't as importatnt, 'because you're in love with me.' Amazing isn't it? You would think that my opinion would be the most important one or at the very least, one of the top 2.

Sounds like you need to make her a priority, because when you do, she's there with you. I've always made my WW a priority, but she still went off and had the affair. She needs to be your partner in good times and bad - the same thing I told my WW. She supposed to be your biggest and staunchest supporter - marriage is a partnership! You guys are not going to get off this rollercoaster until you figure out what's driving this behavior on both your parts.
Posted By: Hilsmon Re: Is this another EA? GEEEZZZ - 03/04/11 04:15 PM
Yes actually we are in counseling now and starting a church based class called love and respect (I think she hasn't fully committed to the class yet).
I agree I have to be the diligent one and quit slipping. When I do it crashes around me. It should be mutual but if this is what I have to do I am willing. I dont think it has to be this way tho, she should be held as accountable in my opinion. I have actually asked her to come and post here for council as well.
Posted By: AndyM Re: Is this another EA? GEEEZZZ - 03/04/11 04:19 PM
onemoretime - IMVHO, do NOT bring her here yet! Figure this out first, then, once you're in a solid recovery - consider it. The folks are here to help you and you need to be 100% honest with them. If she's lurking here, it's probably going to backfire on you in the future.
Posted By: Hilsmon Re: Is this another EA? GEEEZZZ - 03/04/11 05:02 PM
Ty good advise
Posted By: Hilsmon Re: Is this another EA? GEEEZZZ - 03/06/11 08:34 PM
Shes gone with my 2 girls shopping so I thought I would take the time to make a post.
We had a long discussion this weekend while out at dinner on why she keeps reaching out to OM. She says she doesn't know why and she knew it was wrong the second she got off the phone and prayed I didn't discover it.
I will say I see no evidence of a "hangover" and I am 100% positive NC hasn't been broken. Her phone and all emails (work included) have been compromised.
With that being said I am wondering if in the 3-5 weeks they were talking at work if I can even classify this as an EA? Inappropriate relationship yes but EA? There doesn't seem to have been any addictions built.
I did quote to her that it doesn't matter if she thinks its a EA or not its my opinion that matters and any talk with anyone of the opposite sex is in my opinion unacceptable. She agrees.
Seems like she has also changed her heart greatly and is doing the right things this last week. I really see "work" on her part. Plan A is doing its job wink.
Posted By: AndyM Re: Is this another EA? GEEEZZZ - 03/07/11 02:27 AM
That's great news - keep up the Plan A. I wish my WW were that repentent or repentent at all for that matter.
Posted By: Hilsmon Re: Is this another EA? GEEEZZZ - 03/07/11 02:27 PM
Andy Thanks for responding smile

Mondays always seem to be hard on me. She goes back to her office and its a trigger. I have so many triggers now that its crazy, even ones that had once went away are back. I begin to think things like "wonder when the next time will be?""wonder if theres a throw away cell to contact OM" Its crap!
I am not sure after 3 of these situations in the last 5 years that the base trust can even be restored. It saddens me to have to be a watcher and so suspecting of EVERYTHING.I am so tired of it!
If she was more into solutions and less complacent I would feel better. But the only plan being worked is My plan by ME. Sigh.
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums