Marriage Builders
Posted By: TroubledFuture Stuck in Limbo - 05/01/17 03:29 PM
Wife and I have been married 16 years, together for 20. We have 3 daughters 15, 13 and 9. I am 36 and she is 34. A year ago in May she took a job working for a physician who was going through a divorce and she became an emotional support pillar for him. I noticed almost immediately that she was distancing herself from me. At first she started inviting him and his 2 young children to our family outings which I thought was strange but didn't really put anything together as this was the first time anything of this has happened to me. She invited him to about 6 different things over the summer months from June through September. Meanwhile I start feeling more alone and alienated from her. Her overall demeanor toward me was very cold and mean. In late September I decided to check things out and looked at the text messaging record on the phone bill. I found that in July, August and September the total texts where 50, 75, 230. So there was a huge jump in September. In October again there were around 200 texts between the two of them. Near the end of October we have our first fight about this. I asked her if there was anyone else and she stated, "No, but I know who you are thinking." To me that indicates that she is aware her behavior is not appropriate. In fact since then we have gone round and round about this and other things that she KNOWS she needs to stop in order to repair our marriage, but she doesn't know if she wants to repair it. We have been going to marriage counseling since February and essentially the only thing that has improved is that for the last 8 months she has been telling me that she is no longer texting him except for work related issues. However I have known that this is a lie because I have access to view all of the texts. Even though she changed the password for the provider I have an app that lets me see everything sent back and forth. So for the last 8 months she has been lying to me telling me that she is not texting him anymore, but when she finally talked to her mother she told her to stop lying to me. Then just within the last 3 weeks she has admitted that she is still texting him.

Here is the deal.

I believe that she is in an emotional affair. Even though after literally thousands of texts there has been no sexual or flirtatious texts. The fact that she texts this man more than all of her other friends combined is a huge red flag. She texts him more than me. She is ALWAYS looking for ways to get his family and my family "together" to do something fun!! He is on her mind ALL the time. Now, I have not confronted any of these events because it would blow my ability to monitor the situation. I also have access to GPS and I know that at least up till now she has not met up with him in any way except at work, a few work lunches and some after work drinks with 5 to 10 other work friends. I know this because I have seen the texts/invites going out so I know that every time has been a whole group and not a "date" scenario. I also know that she comes straight home after these. So I do believe her when she says that nothing is going on. But that is the dilemma, she refuses to admit that she is doing anything wrong.

So after 8 months of working on this 4 months being with a marriage counselor the only improvement is that she now admits that she is texting him. But doesn't see a problem with it. She has been sneakily taking the kids to see him when she can if I am not tagging along. She complained that she feels like I follow her around to make sure she doesn't do anything. Then literally the very first time I am not able to accompany her on a weekend outing she goes and visits him.

I am at a loss because this from my view is an emotional affair but she denies it. So I am not sure how or if exposure would do anything or if she would just deny and attack me with everything she has. Any advice?
Posted By: markos Re: Stuck in Limbo - 05/01/17 03:42 PM
Hi, Troubled,

Welcome to Marriage Builders - I am sorry for the circumstances that bring you here, but you are in the right place to get help for your situation.

Your wife is clearly in love with this man and is having an affair with him. Since she is taking the kids to see him without you I would assume this is not merely an emotional affair but they are being physical together.

Have you told anyone what is going on? That is a crucial step in getting support for yourself, protecting your kids, and hastening the demise of the affair.

You need to warn your children about this man. For all you know he is a predator who is using your wife to get to them.

I would quit wasting time and money on the counselor, who clearly doesn't know anything about infidelity.
Posted By: markos Re: Stuck in Limbo - 05/01/17 03:46 PM
I am not sure how or if exposure would do anything or if she would just deny and attack me with everything she has. Any advice?

Exposure hastens the demise of the affair. Yes, she will deny, and yes she will attack you. She will be enraged because you are basically staging an intervention to end her addiction. All addicts feel this way. That means exposure is working, not that it didn't work.

Exposure is not designed to prove to your wife that she is having an affair. She already knows she is having an affair. You won't win this by convincing your wife of anything, so don't waste your time trying to prove to her that this is an affair or that this relationship is inappropriate. That is a fools' errand.

Instead you will win this by making her affair extremely difficult to carry out, primarily through exposure, and remaining the best option in life for her: her loving husband and the father of her children.
Posted By: TroubledFuture Re: Stuck in Limbo - 05/01/17 05:14 PM
Some more details to consider, many of the texts from him are him telling her things such as.

The grass isn't greener.

Divorce sucks, don't do it.

You need to get counseling.

I'm sorry things are bad.

So, it doesn't feel like a typical affair. I definitely think that she is in love with this man. But it doesn't look reciprocal.

Which is the biggest reason I have not exposed as of yet.

Yes I have told some very close friends of mine to help support me. I have not told the kids. I was planning to tell my wife that we are not going to further pursue a "friendship" with this man and our families together. And that if I hear of her visiting him with our kids again I will be exposing to them.

I am not trying to prove to my wife that she is having an affair. What I am really trying to do is prove to myself that she is. Maybe just the fact that my gut is telling me that this is wrong is enough?

Another reason for my hesitation is Dr. Harley's recommendation regarding exposure when there is uncertainty. Where he recommends to gather evidence that would convince a jury. I don't know that I have that sort of evidence.
Posted By: markos Re: Stuck in Limbo - 05/01/17 05:38 PM
Originally Posted by TroubledFuture
Some more details to consider, many of the texts from him are him telling her things such as.

The grass isn't greener.

So, it doesn't feel like a typical affair.

That all sounds like a typical affair to me. He's doing all the things that would cause a woman to fall in love with him. Following the textbook for stealing an unhappy married woman.
Posted By: markos Re: Stuck in Limbo - 05/01/17 05:40 PM
Yes I have told some very close friends of mine to help support me. I have not told the kids. I was planning to tell my wife that we are not going to further pursue a "friendship" with this man and our families together. And that if I hear of her visiting him with our kids again I will be exposing to them.

NONONONO!!!!!!

DO NOT threaten to expose.

That would be one of the biggest mistakes you could possibly make.

She would immediately start spinning the story to them and everybody.

DO NOT threaten to expose.
Posted By: TroubledFuture Re: Stuck in Limbo - 05/01/17 05:42 PM
Noted, and thank you Markos.

So should I just tell her point blank that the friendship with our family is over and we will not be pursuing any further outings with him and his family? And just leave it at that without any threat to expose?
Posted By: Messy Re: Stuck in Limbo - 05/01/17 05:56 PM

The grass isn't greener.

Agreed with Markos, this is typical affair babble and exactly what happened to me. She'll feel that he's safe and that he is watching out for her best interests... I'm sure all of these messages were followed by words of affirmation, like she's so strong to do this, etc.

Yuck.

Sorry, but this looks like an emotional affair, if not more...
Posted By: abrrba Re: Stuck in Limbo - 05/01/17 07:44 PM
Originally Posted by Messy

The grass isn't greener.

Agreed with Markos, this is typical affair babble and exactly what happened to me. She'll feel that he's safe and that he is watching out for her best interests... I'm sure all of these messages were followed by words of affirmation, like she's so strong to do this, etc.

Yuck.

Sorry, but this looks like an emotional affair, if not more...

The OM did this to my WW, too. "You're so strong", "you should try to work it out", "we do everything for our kids", "I don't know how you put up with it for so long", etc. All the while he continues in a sleazy EA & PA with my wife. rant2 He knew which buttons to push with my WW (the ENs of intimate conversation, admiration, family commitment) to set the hook in her.
Posted By: TroubledFuture Re: Stuck in Limbo - 05/01/17 08:29 PM
Thank you for all of your insights, my only hang up right now is what I added to my edited response above.

Another reason for my hesitation is Dr. Harley's recommendation regarding exposure when there is uncertainty. Where he recommends to gather evidence that would convince a jury. I don't know that I have that sort of evidence.

I feel that this is enough for myself, but may not be enough to convince a jury as is recommended.

We have a counseling session tomorrow and my wife supposedly has had a meeting with the OM telling him that she has been lying to me and using him to "get back at me." Her words not mine. I would like to hear her out on this and make a plan to expose from that conversation. I will not tell her or the counselor any of the plan to do this.
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Stuck in Limbo - 05/01/17 10:44 PM
Thank you for all of your insights, my only hang up right now is what I added to my edited response above.

I feel that this is enough for myself, but may not be enough to convince a jury as is recommended.

It normally takes a day or two to get evidence, so if you have no evidence, I would start there and then expose. Has your wife admitted the affair? If so, that is evidence that would convince a jury.
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Stuck in Limbo - 05/01/17 10:45 PM
Noted, and thank you Markos.

So should I just tell her point blank that the friendship with our family is over and we will not be pursuing any further outings with him and his family? And just leave it at that without any threat to expose?

I would expose the affair FIRST and then tell her the family friendship is over.
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Stuck in Limbo - 05/01/17 10:52 PM
Marriage counseling is destructive to marriages for many reasons. First off, they have no earthly idea how to save a marriage and have a higher personal divorce rate than the general population. They are downright destructive when there is an affair because they do not understand the dynamic of affairs and tend to validate foggy, wayward thinking. Almost every recovered marriage on this forum has tried marriage counseling and it made the problem worse, not better.
Posted By: TroubledFuture Re: Stuck in Limbo - 05/01/17 10:54 PM
The only things she has admitted is that she is sorry that she was lying to me about not texting him. She still maintains that nothing is going on other than he is just a good friend. She is trying to invite him to do things with our family all, the, time. Even though she knows that I disapprove of it. All I really have to go on is her general horrible treatment of me and her texting him very frequently.

Basically my story is very much like anonymityplease "any chance" but I don't have solid proof of affair.
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Stuck in Limbo - 05/01/17 10:55 PM
Basically my story is very much like anonymityplease "any chance" but I don't have solid proof of affair.

How can you get evidence? It's obvious she is very emotionally attached to him and he is allowing it. Are you able to read the content of the texts? Does she know you are reading them?
Posted By: TroubledFuture Re: Stuck in Limbo - 05/01/17 10:58 PM
This counselor has done her job very well and definitely sees what the problems are. She has not validated my wife's poor behavior in the slightest. In fact my wife doesn't want to go any more because the counselor is telling her of the many things that she knows she needs to do in order to fix the marriage but she just doesn't know if she wants to or not.

That being said, I think we have run our course with the counselor because if my wife doesn't want to put in the effort. . . Then she can't help us.
Posted By: TroubledFuture Re: Stuck in Limbo - 05/01/17 11:01 PM
I can read the content, she does not know that I am reading them.

Yes she is very emotionally attached to him and he is allowing it.

About the strongest evidence I have is that no married woman should be texting with another man 200~ times per month. Regardless of the content.
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Stuck in Limbo - 05/01/17 11:09 PM
This counselor has done her job very well and definitely sees what the problems are. She has not validated my wife's poor behavior in the slightest. In fact my wife doesn't want to go any more because the counselor is telling her of the many things that she knows she needs to do in order to fix the marriage but she just doesn't know if she wants to or not.

That being said, I think we have run our course with the counselor because if my wife doesn't want to put in the effort. . . Then she can't help us.

But how has the counseling helped? IS the counselor urging your wife to end her affair? How is that being addressed? What is her plan to end the affair?

Counseling never works when there is an affair, so the unless the focus is 100% on ending the affair, it is big distraction. Counseling can only help [if the MC has a plan of recovery, which most do not] if there is not an affair.
Posted By: TroubledFuture Re: Stuck in Limbo - 05/01/17 11:36 PM
Very true, yes the counselor has been urging my wife to end her affair. Last session the counselor told her that she would have to make some drastic changes in order to begin fixing our marriage. That is one of the reasons my wife doesn't want to go. Right now I think my wife is just hanging out because she can't afford to leave. Of course this puts me in a state of limbo. I have had one session by myself with this counselor and she stated to me that it doesn't matter how much better we can communicate, until this issue gets resolved our marriage will not improve. So that has been the focus of our last 4 sessions over the last 2 months.

I have absolutely no issue with the entire Exposure method. The only thing I am not sure on is if I have enough evidence. If I could find the "smoking gun" I would expose tonight. I will purchase a VAR even though she rarely calls him, maybe 2 times a month. That will get me Texting, Voice Calls and GPS. None of which she knows I have.
Posted By: Miss M Re: Stuck in Limbo - 05/01/17 11:50 PM
You will never have a chance of recovering your marriage if your wife works for the OM. The affair will never end with continued contact, with any contact. She has to quit.
Posted By: TroubledFuture Re: Stuck in Limbo - 05/02/17 01:59 AM
Yes that is true, I just need the admission or evidence to begin as the exposure.
Posted By: markos Re: Stuck in Limbo - 05/02/17 02:42 AM

So did the counselor tell your wife that she has to give up her opposite sex friendships?

If the counselor did not tell your wife this, then the counselor doesn't know how to save marriages, and the problem is not that your wife doesn't want to do what the counselor says
- the problem is that your wife is addicted to the other man.
Posted By: TroubledFuture Re: Stuck in Limbo - 05/02/17 02:41 PM
Will report back with what I hear today at the counseling session. I am building my list now for exposure.
Posted By: TroubledFuture Re: Stuck in Limbo - 05/02/17 08:59 PM
Just got back from counselor. About 30 minutes into the session the counselor said you guys are stuck. The only way you are going to get unstuck is if you (wife) end this inappropriate relationship with the OM. You know that it is inappropriate and whether you are holding on to it because of deeper feelings for him that you haven't admitted to or if you are holding on to it because you are refusing because of resentment of your husband.

To which my wife responded she knows that but she is just "confused". The counselor told her that she her confusion is coming from the relationship with the OM. That in order to get clarity and un-cloud her mind she needs to end the relationship with the OM. If she wasn't willing to do that, then nothing will get "unstuck".

I am feeling more confident that my wife acknowledging that the relationship is not appropriate it would be enough for exposure.

Also, she did say that she told the OM that she had been lying to me and deceiving me in order to keep their friendship going. He was not happy with her and told her she should not have done that. That she had damaged any potential friendship he would have been able to make with me and my family. DUH!
Posted By: TroubledFuture Re: Stuck in Limbo - 05/03/17 04:46 PM
This is my list so far.

MIL, FIL, BIL her closest aunt MIL sister, her grandmothers, a couple of her close uncles, my parents, my sister and brother and about 12 of our friends, our children OM best friend who also works with my WW and OM.

He was divorced a year ago so I don't think exposing to his ex will do anything other than seem vindictive. I don't know whether to tell the kids first and then the rest of the list in order of importance to her or what? Any advice on that? My plan is to expose on Sunday afternoon which is about as soon as I can considering some of these people I will need to get contact information lined out. Some of them I can only text or call as I don't have email addresses or any sort of social media.

Any advice?

Posted By: BrainHurts Re: Stuck in Limbo - 05/03/17 04:49 PM
Who else on OM's side are you exposing to besides his BF? Parents? Siblings?
Posted By: TroubledFuture Re: Stuck in Limbo - 05/03/17 04:54 PM
As far as I know he has no siblings, I have no contact info for his parents but I could do some searching around
Posted By: BrainHurts Re: Stuck in Limbo - 05/03/17 06:08 PM
As far as I know he has no siblings, I have no contact info for his parents but I could do some searching around
Definitely try and find out his parents information to expose to.
Posted By: TroubledFuture Re: Stuck in Limbo - 05/03/17 07:22 PM
I have 2 questions.

1. Should I tell my kids first or at what point should I tell them?
2. Some of the most powerful "evidence" I have is what our marriage counselor has said. Can I disclose this without breaking confidentiality laws and be sued for it later on?

I know that people can sue for any reason and I know that the Truth will protect against libel suits. But I am not sure what I can disclose in the exposure that is directly from the counseling sessions or not?
Posted By: TroubledFuture Re: Stuck in Limbo - 05/03/17 08:23 PM
Big news,

She is texting him right now to find out if the house he was renting would allow her dogs. And if the yard is fenced. So, I know that he has been looking to buy a house and a few weeks ago sent her a texting saying that he signed a contract. However, I am NOT sure if that is for the house and if he has moved into it yet or not. Honestly at this point if she does move in with him it gives me undeniable proof of affair. She is going to be telling me what her "plan" is Friday night. So since I wont be able to expose until a couple days later, I may need to add to my expose letter anything I gather from her "plan". I will keep digging to try and see if there is any more I can find.
Posted By: abrrba Re: Stuck in Limbo - 05/03/17 09:14 PM
Big news,

She is texting him right now to find out if the house he was renting would allow her dogs. And if the yard is fenced. So, I know that he has been looking to buy a house and a few weeks ago sent her a texting saying that he signed a contract. However, I am NOT sure if that is for the house and if he has moved into it yet or not. Honestly at this point if she does move in with him it gives me undeniable proof of affair. She is going to be telling me what her "plan" is Friday night. So since I wont be able to expose until a couple days later, I may need to add to my expose letter anything I gather from her "plan". I will keep digging to try and see if there is any more I can find.

Real estate transactions are public record, available from the county recorder & county tax assessor's offices, but I don't know about rental contracts.
Posted By: TroubledFuture Re: Stuck in Limbo - 05/03/17 09:50 PM
Looks like the month of April wont post for another few days in my county. I will keep an eye on it. I will follow through with my exposure but I just spoke with an atty. He recommends to file for legal separation Monday in order to protect financials and to wait for the exposure until after the separation has been served. Does this sound reasonable or should I stick to the Sunday date for exposure. I almost want to wait for a few days so that I can find out for sure if she is planning to move in with him or if I am mistaking that. Any advise on this?
Posted By: markos Re: Stuck in Limbo - 05/05/17 02:54 PM
I have 2 questions.

1. Should I tell my kids first or at what point should I tell them?
2. Some of the most powerful "evidence" I have is what our marriage counselor has said. Can I disclose this without breaking confidentiality laws and be sued for it later on?

I know that people can sue for any reason and I know that the Truth will protect against libel suits. But I am not sure what I can disclose in the exposure that is directly from the counseling sessions or not?

Confidentiality law is for the counselor, not for you. I am not aware of any law that would prevent a husband from telling his children or others that his wife is having an affair. That is the worst thing any human being could do to another, and the victim of an affair needs support from others. Binding him to confidentiality about it would be sadistically cruel.
Posted By: TroubledFuture Re: Stuck in Limbo - 05/05/17 03:38 PM
As things have turned out, tonight my wife is going to be presenting me with her 'plan'. This plan I don't know much about but it is under the context of what she is going to do with her affair. This is going to likely move my time schedule for exposing up to Saturday so that I can do this hard and fast and not allow her to begin any sort of spin. I have already planned to have all the girls out of the house tonight. Oldest and youngest are at my sisters house who already knows everything that is going on and fully supports the MB exposure plan. The middle daughter is going to be more tricky to get but I will make it work. All others on the list are going to be phone calls and email.

Its going to be a battle, she just got her second raise in the last 3 months and she is finally making pretty decent money. So the affair partner is trying to entice her to stay around preemptively it seems. Doesn't matter it's only money. Going to be a rough weekend. . .
Posted By: Prisca Re: Stuck in Limbo - 05/05/17 04:11 PM
As things have turned out, tonight my wife is going to be presenting me with her 'plan'. This plan I don't know much about but it is under the context of what she is going to do with her affair. This is going to likely move my time schedule for exposing up to Saturday so that I can do this hard and fast and not allow her to begin any sort of spin. I have already planned to have all the girls out of the house tonight. Oldest and youngest are at my sisters house who already knows everything that is going on and fully supports the MB exposure plan. The middle daughter is going to be more tricky to get but I will make it work. All others on the list are going to be phone calls and email.

Its going to be a battle, she just got her second raise in the last 3 months and she is finally making pretty decent money. So the affair partner is trying to entice her to stay around preemptively it seems. Doesn't matter it's only money. Going to be a rough weekend. . .

This sounds good, TF. Do this.
Are you getting up early in the morning to start exposure? Is she going to be out of the house tomorrow so that you can proceed with exposure uninterrupted?

Be prepared for her to descend upon you with all the wrath and fury of hell. Know that it is normal, and her reaction does not in any way affect recovery. You can survive her anger, and you are doing the right thing in order to protect your marriage and your children.
Posted By: Prisca Re: Stuck in Limbo - 05/05/17 04:13 PM
I don't think it matters if you tell the kids first, or not. I would personally tell my kids first, because I wouldn't want to risk my wayward spouse getting to them before me and spinning a story.
Posted By: TroubledFuture Re: Stuck in Limbo - 05/05/17 07:48 PM
I will be picking them up tomorrow morning, telling them, then begin by calling her family and the BF of the OM. Then I will be all of our mutual friends, who almost all already know but are waiting for my disclosure before they start trying to contact her to try and convince her to end the affair and begin working on our marriage.

I read that if the affair is the husband he needs to show remorse and hat in hand attitude. Is there anywhere I can read what I should look for in a wife that is in an affair to show real remorse or ???
Posted By: markos Re: Stuck in Limbo - 05/05/17 08:07 PM
Most wayward wives don't express remorse until after successful recovery, if ever. But recovery of a happy marriage, including just compensation for the betrayed husband, is still possible.

What you're going to look for to start is a willingness to end the affair and cut off all contact with the affair partner for life.
Posted By: BrainHurts Re: Stuck in Limbo - 05/05/17 08:25 PM
I will be picking them up tomorrow morning, telling them, then begin by calling her family and the BF of the OM. Then I will be all of our mutual friends, who almost all already know but are waiting for my disclosure before they start trying to contact her to try and convince her to end the affair and begin working on our marriage.

I read that if the affair is the husband he needs to show remorse and hat in hand attitude. Is there anywhere I can read what I should look for in a wife that is in an affair to show real remorse or ???
Do you have the book Surving an Affair? The Jon and Sue story covers a WW.
Posted By: BrainHurts Re: Stuck in Limbo - 05/05/17 08:26 PM
Who else on OM'a side are you exposing to?
Posted By: TroubledFuture Re: Stuck in Limbo - 05/05/17 08:40 PM
Details about OM.

He is a physician and she is his Medical Assistant. His best friend is the PA that also works for him. They also are friends with another PA at the practice and another MA that works for him and his best friend. I am certian that my wife has already told all of those 4 people that I think she is in an emotional affair with the OM and they all think I am crazy. Now, I can send all of these 3 people a text or call each of them and tell them. But they already think I am crazy and wrong. However like has already been brought up affairs thrive on secrecy so by exposing it at least it will be out in the open. I could also try to expose to the manager of the clinic but that may end up getting her fired. Which if she plans to divorce me would likely hurt me in child support / spousal support so I am not sure that is what should be done?
Posted By: abrrba Re: Stuck in Limbo - 05/05/17 10:05 PM
Originally Posted by Prisca
I don't think it matters if you tell the kids first, or not. I would personally tell my kids first, because I wouldn't want to risk my wayward spouse getting to them before me and spinning a story.

Agree 1000%. That is a mistake I made when I exposed my WW. My plan was to expose late morning, and pick up the kids at school at 2:00pm and tell them. Once WW started getting bombarded by people telling her what I had sent them, and getting called into the company owner's office (workplace A, so I exposed to the owners), she left work at 12:30pm, had the kids dismissed early, and spun a story of half-truths and lies to them.

Only 1 of my 3 kids (all the same age) saw that she wasn't being completely honest, and she is the one who is the angriest and has lost respect for her mother. One of the others, I'm still not sure if she believes me or WW. I attribute most of that to WW getting to the kids first and lying to them.

Posted By: Prisca Re: Stuck in Limbo - 05/06/17 05:56 PM
How did the talk with your wife go? What are her plans?
Posted By: Prisca Re: Stuck in Limbo - 05/06/17 05:58 PM
Details about OM.

He is a physician and she is his Medical Assistant. His best friend is the PA that also works for him. They also are friends with another PA at the practice and another MA that works for him and his best friend. I am certian that my wife has already told all of those 4 people that I think she is in an emotional affair with the OM and they all think I am crazy. Now, I can send all of these 3 people a text or call each of them and tell them. But they already think I am crazy and wrong. However like has already been brought up affairs thrive on secrecy so by exposing it at least it will be out in the open. I could also try to expose to the manager of the clinic but that may end up getting her fired. Which if she plans to divorce me would likely hurt me in child support / spousal support so I am not sure that is what should be done?
You should expose at her workplace if it is indeed a workplace affair. If your marriage is to survive, she will have to get another job anyway.

What did she say to you yesterday?
Posted By: TroubledFuture Re: Stuck in Limbo - 05/11/17 10:00 PM
I am sorry, did not have any opportunity to expose to kids this weekend as she always had one of them with her. I will be exposing to them either tonight or tomorrow morning after she leaves for work. Problem with exposing tonight, I wont be able to do this all at one time. I will only have access to the oldest and the youngest. The middle will be away at a sporting event until 8:30 to 9:00. So I would have to go pick her up and reveal then. That creates an issue where my wife will likely find out and try to thwart the whole thing for the middle child. On the other hand if I tell them tomorrow morning I will likely have to pull them out of school for the day and I don't want that to be used against me later on. GAH such a headache.

She told me Friday that she does not intend to quit her job or stop her friendship with this other man. Her plan is to wait until we sell our rental house and then move out to her own place to "fix herself". I feel like I am enabling her to live however she wants to in my house and that my kids will see it that way as well. I am not okay with this any more. I still have found no evidence of a physical affair. But any relationship worth giving up on your marriage for is an affair in my book.
Posted By: abrrba Re: Stuck in Limbo - 05/11/17 10:33 PM
On the other hand if I tell them tomorrow morning I will likely have to pull them out of school for the day and I don't want that to be used against me later on. GAH such a headache.

It sounds like tomorrow morning is your best shot, even if you have to pull them out of school. My only regret when I exposed my WW was not keeping the kids home from school after WW left for work, and exposing to them first. Instead, I started exposing around 10:00am, with plans to pick up the kids at school at 2:00pm and tell them. I never even considered that my WW would pull the kids out of school early once my exposure targets started emailing & texting her. She filled my kids' heads with lies & half truths, and one of my children is still unsure who is telling the truth. Fortunately, my other two believed the truth when I told them, the more perceptive of the two already knew that WW wasn't telling the truth.

Don't wait for the perfect time and risk WW filling their heads with lies. Find the best time available to you, and tell your children the truth. They deserve to know what is happening to their family. The truth is always better than lies and secrets.
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums